Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Shield > Breaking Bad

By a hair.

BB has too many whoppers to believe ..

The Shield 's filming tips it over too. So raw and real ...skilled muufucin camera men...

*** preface to haters..

Don't type shit if you. Haven't seen COMPLETE series of the shield.
    Last edited by Bless Mathews; 09-25-2013 at 01:45 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Shield > Breaking Bad

Shield is awesome but I have to disagree.

shhhhhhh

I'm a Sheild guy myself... Not saying it's better, everyone has different tastes but for myself I liked the Shield better

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Believe in justice.

Believe in the SHIELD

Dunno, it's hard to pick. Love them both dearly, Shield probably had a few more gut punch moments (the grenade for example) than Breaking Bad for mine. Plus they had some quality guest stars in there too, Forest Whitaker was awesome as Kavanaugh on there.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Well, one thing about the Shield is that to me, I ended up much more invested in the characters (Ronnie, Lem, Vic, Shane) then I did in BB, and like has been said, to me there were definitely more moments where I just had the wind knocked out of me. At the end of that series I basically felt empty inside for like a week.

To me they are too different to compare. BB did it with sheer suspense and creative writing, whereas the Shield did it for me in terms of characterization and "feeling" I guess. I guess if I had to choose one it would be the Shield, but they are both great shows in their own regard and they both did it in different ways.

Damn good commitment to the thread

Oh and couldn't agree more.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Dunno, it's hard to pick. Love them both dearly, Shield probably had a few more gut punch moments (the grenade for example) than Breaking Bad for mine.
    To me, nothing matches [color=white]Vic selling Ronnie out for his deal with ICE[/color] in that series in terms of how bad it broke me up. Except maybe [color=white]the interrogation room scene where it's revealed Shane killed himself, his wife, and his children, believing that to be better for them than to be exposed to Vic. His last letter was...whooo.[/color]

Love Live Life

Is the Shield really that good?

I tried it a long time ago when it first aired but I was still in high school and I had other shit going on.

Never picked it back up.

Was thinking about watching all the episodes earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Is the Shield really that good?

I tried it a long time ago when it first aired but I was still in high school and I had other shit going on.

Never picked it back up.

Was thinking about watching all the episodes earlier today
    Yes, it's that good. Watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Well, one thing about the Shield is that to me, I ended up much more invested in the characters (Ronnie, Lem, Vic, Shane) then I did in BB, and like has been said, to me there were definitely more moments where I just had the wind knocked out of me. At the end of that series I basically felt empty inside for like a week.

To me they are too different to compare. BB did it with sheer suspense and creative writing, whereas the Shield did it for me in terms of characterization and "feeling" I guess. I guess if I had to choose one it would be the Shield, but they are both great shows in their own regard and they both did it in different ways.
    Word. I'm on the same pagge. Lem was my favorite. The moral compass. I felt sick for a day after he died. How Shane went out? ??!!!??? Man. I think the filming has a lot to do with feeling so close. You WERE right there. NO build up music. Just raw uncut. Like you were the 5th member of the krew.

And what antwon Mitchell did? ??!!!???!! (Anthhony Anderson KILLED it. )More gangster than anything Walt ever did.

Bb did have better character development. One thing I learned in lit class I took in college when playing. Ball. Everyone went WAY. further when they started. Walt a geeky high school chemistry teacher to ruthless kingpin. Jesse druggie to morally conscious.

Bb just had. To many hard to believe scenarios.

The shield by a tenth of a second.
    Last edited by Bless Mathews; 09-25-2013 at 01:52 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

If you're watching BB because you enjoy a really realistic view of the impact of drugs on society, individuals, family, police, etc., you're doing it wrong. That's sort of like criticizing Game of Thrones because you don't believe in dragons.

BB is pretty clearly not being written to be totally realistic. I haven't watched The Shield so I can't say whether or not it is more or less realistic, but if they put any effort at all into not creating unbelievable coincidences, it is probably more realistic.

That's not why I watch BB, though.

Also, if that's your biggest criticism of the show, I'd suggest The Wire. There will be no television series on the topic of law enforcement, the War on Drugs, etc., as spot-on as The Wire.

There's no point in even trying to replicate what that show created, really. Better to do what BB did and just go for the entertainment-at-all-costs scenes instead.

^^^^^_^^^^

LOL.

Watch the Shield bruh. You'll get what I'm typing ...

BB isn't trying to be real????? LOL. Come on bruh. Watch all seasons of the Shield than reply please.

Sorry but no. The Shield was my favorite show before BB. Vic was a great character and the story was great. However, The Shield is much more jumbled. You can come in late in the show and it doesn't matter. I don't even remember all the stuff that happened before Shane threw that grenade that killed Lem.

Breaking Bad has been great since day one. I have to admit season 5 seems a lot different from what came before. I think 1-4 is near perfection. If they end this series right it could be the greatest ever. Although even if they botch the ending I don't think The Shield beats it.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    ^^^^^_^^^^

LOL.

Watch the Shield bruh. You'll get what I'm typing ...

BB isn't trying to be real????? LOL. Come on bruh. Watch all seasons of the Shield than reply please.
    No, they aren't trying at all. It's fairly obvious.