Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    all kidding aside Loki. what is it that you hate the lakers for?
    Many, many reasons. A lot of it is Kobe, but it's also how fortunate they've been with acquisitions etc. Things always seem to pan out for LA. Seriously -- have they ever been truly out of the hunt for more than a 2-3 year period since the inception of the league? Not to my recollection.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Many, many reasons. A lot of it is Kobe, but it's also how fortunate they've been with acquisitions etc. Things always seem to pan out for LA. Seriously -- have they ever been truly out of the hunt for more than a 2-3 year period since the inception of the league? Not to my recollection.
    its not called fortunate if it has been there since the inception of the L, its called greatness.

i assume your hate for kobe comes from his personality more than anything else?

LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

An honest Laker fan -- who'da thunk it?
    There's quite a few of us if you just took time to look.

shhhhhhh

so because they are a well run orginazation, that doesn't have the biggest salary, that finds players that others don't want and gets the most out of them, they are to be hated...hmm in my world success is to be admired...

Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

People oft don't like it when one team dominantes or is in the hunt for a chip every single year. I know I hate the Yankees.

LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by braden.
    People oft don't like it when one team dominantes or is in the hunt for a chip every single year. I know I hate the Yankees.

Then hate the triumph seekers, the bandwagoners. Don't hate on the diehards that understand the game.

Banned

so because they are a well run orginazation, that doesn't have the biggest salary, that finds players that others don't want and gets the most out of them, they are to be hated...hmm in my world success is to be admired...
    Not when a great deal of that success is simply due to location (i.e., LA's glitz attracting top flight talent). Vancouver could have the same quality of scouting and management and not be nearly as successful.

shhhhhhh

Not when a great deal of that success is simply due to location (i.e., LA's glitz attracting top flight talent). Vancouver could have the same quality of scouting and management and not be nearly as successful.
    err then whats new yorks excuse?

Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

They habitually trade for talented players with enormous salaries that won't mesh?

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

i'll share my view--

I live in LA and I too am a anti Kobe/Laker guy. But this truly has nothing to do with me being a fan of Jordan (cause I also like Lebron, GP, Iverson, etc, etc).

My dislike for Kobe started in 1998 when he waved off that pick by Karl Malone during an All Star game (a game he shouldn't have even been in) and jacked up shots left and right. It was so bad George Karl benched him for the 4th quarter.

I also disliked Shaq for his usual big mouth and making RIDICULOUS statements (such as saying "he killed Jordan" in the playoffs, referring to the 4-2 victory. If 4-2 is "killing". then what does that make of the 4-0 Jordangave back to him the year after? )

I dislike Phil Jackson because he say sh*t out of his ass for no reason other than to get attention. There was no reason for him to insult the city of Sacramento. He writes a book about how uncoachable Kobe is and then goes back and coach him? Shaq is right the dude is Benedict Arnold.

My dislike for Kobe continued when he was insanely overrated, such as people claiming "the Lakers have the two best player in the game" starting back in 2000, when Kobe wasn't even a top 20 player. He was routinely outplayed by Jalen Rose and Bonzi Wells throughout the playoffs but NO ONE REMEMBERS. Casual fans will remember his alley oop to Shaq and his 6 points in OT and think dude was a superstar and equally responsible for the title as Shaq.

Kobe's insanely ridiculous hype continues when Laker fans (I will get to them later) declared Kobe to be "better at 22 than Jordan was at 22". I know the talk has died down the last few years, but between 01 to 04, alot of Laker fans really believed Kobe to be equal or better than Jordan.

Which brings me to the Laker fans. I know there are true diehards. But I'd have to say Lakers has the most bandwagon fans in the country. LA also has the most "casual fans"-- people that don't reallly LOVE the sport, but is into the Lakers because it's "the cool thing to". People go to games not because they like basketball, but because they want to be seen.

I dislike the Lakers broadcasting team on Kcal 9 for their ridiculous biased coverage of the game. Stu Lantz is a hypocrite and moron for the things he say.

I dislike Kobe for the numerous temper trantrums he has thrown on the court, such as when he refused to shoot backin 04 agasinst Sacramento because Malone and Shaq asked him to tone down his shots earlier in the day. I remember Kobe getting back to back triple doubles at the beginning of the 03 season (when Shaq missed the early parts of the year), in the third game Kobe BLATANTLY tried to get a triple double by passing up every shot and making stupid unnecessary passes. The Lakers ended up losing to the Cavs (Pre-Lebron, the worse team in the league at the time).

So there you have it. But Im' reasonable. I never once used the "rap*st" thing on Kobe because it's unfair. I don't make stupid claims like "Manu is better than Kobe" or "he's the least clutch player in the league". I give him respect. But I'm the first (well probably second, behind Loki) to point out any contradictions or stupid homerisms of some of the dumb Laker fans on this board. (like Eliteballer)
    Last edited by EricForman; 01-16-2007 at 04:35 AM.

Banned

err then whats new yorks excuse?
    The different salary structure (i.e., no cap) and the fact that Steinbrenner has bottomless pockets to lure FA's due to his various marketing deals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i'll share my view--

I live in LA and I too am a anti Kobe/Laker guy. But this truly has nothing to do with me being a fan of Jordan (cause I also like Lebron, GP, Iverson, etc, etc).

My dislike for Kobe started in 1998 when he waved off that pick by Karl Malone during an All Star game (a game he shouldn't have even been in) and jacked up shots left and right. It was so bad George Karl benched him for the 4th quarter.

I also disliked Shaq for his usual big mouth and making RIDICULOUS statements (such as saying "he killed Jordan" in the playoffs, referring to the 4-2 victory. If 4-2 is "killing". then what does that make of the 4-0 Jordangave back to him the year after? )

I dislike Phil Jackson because he say sh*t out of his ass for no reason other than to get attention. There was no reason for him to insult the city of Sacramento. He writes a book about how uncoachable Kobe is and then goes back and coach him? Shaq is right the dude is Benedict Arnold.

My dislike for Kobe continued when he was insanely overrated, such as people claiming "the Lakers have the two best player in the game" starting back in 2000, when Kobe wasn't even a top 20 player. He was routinely outplayed by Jalen Rose and Bonzi Wells throughout the playoffs but NO ONE REMEMBERS. Casual fans will remember his alley oop to Shaq and his 6 points in OT and think dude was a superstar and equally responsible for the title as Shaq.

Kobe's insanely ridiculous hype continues when Laker fans (I will get to them later) declared Kobe to be "better at 22 than Jordan was at 22". I know the talk has died down the last few years, but between 01 to 04, alot of Laker fans really believed Kobe to be equal or better than Jordan.

Which brings me to the Laker fans. I know there are true diehards. But I'd have to say Lakers has the most bandwagon fans in the country. LA also has the most "casual fans"-- people that don't reallly LOVE the sport, but is into the Lakers because it's "the cool thing to". People go to games not because they like basketball, but because they want to be seen.

I dislike the Lakers broadcasting team on Kcal 9 for their ridiculous biased coverage of the game. Stu Lantz is a hypocrite and moron for the things he say.

I dislike Kobe for the numerous temper trantrums he has thrown on the court, such as when he refused to shoot backin 04 agasinst Sacramento because Malone and Shaq asked him to tone down his shots earlier in the day. I remember Kobe getting back to back triple doubles at the beginning of the 03 season (when Shaq missed the early parts of the year), in the third game Kobe BLATANTLY tried to get a triple double by passing up every shot and making stupid unnecessary passes. The Lakers ended up losing to the Cavs (Pre-Lebron, the worse team in the league at the time).

So there you have it. But Im' reasonable. I never once used the "rap*st" thing on Kobe because it's unfair. I don't make stupid claims like "Manu is better than Kobe" or "he's the least clutch player in the league". I give him respect. But I'm the first (well probably second, behind Loki) to point out any contradictions or stupid homerisms of some of the dumb Laker fans on this board. (like Eliteballer)
    This is EXACTLY why I dislike Kobe/LA, along with other stuff like Kobe's demanding a trade to LA as a rookie fresh out of HS, his "no trade clause," his on the court antics/gestures even in his first few seasons, his to-the-letter pilfering of Jordan's entire repertoire/mannerisms etc.

Mostly, I hate that he thinks that he's better than he is -- and I say that as someone who had him as #1 in the league last season, top 3-4 this season, and top 22-26 all-time even prior to this season.

Superstar

Eric, I dont think you could really blame laker fans for saying hes equal or better than jordan at 22...if my memory serves correct...the media was thriving for the next jordan and kobe's style of play heavily promoted that. I remember magazines with "jordan wasnt this good at 19"...and all that. Kobe from the moment he stepped foot on the basketball court...the media, and alot of fans instantly wanted to crown him the next jordan...and IMO, kobe bought into the hype a little...everyone knew he was gonna be big and everyone wanted to relive the jordan era

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

The different salary structure (i.e., no cap) and the fact that Steinbrenner has bottomless pockets to lure FA's due to his various marketing deals?

he meant the knicks

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I hate that he thinks that he's better than he is
    How do you know what he thinks? You hate what you think he thinks of himself, right? Also, I have to think Kobe is playing better this year than last.