Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Hence having miller, jones, Battier as the outside shooters.
    Yes, we should be fine either way, Miami fans aren't banking on this, but having more of it, especially at PG would be better. Chalmers is an average shooter at best.

Default Re: Chauncey Billups-"I would like a chance at them, I'll tell you that much"

Wonder if Kwame would settle for the min?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Wonder if Kwame would settle for the min?
    I thought the Heat should have gotten him last year, and he ended up having a decent year playing at the min. I still think it's a good idea, but he may have played himself into more money.
    I think all centers are pretty much waiting on the Howard moves.

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    Considering he's always loved chucking 3s and that's exactly what Miami would want him to do, hopefully at a higher % than the 25% that Bibby shot in the playoffs, I think it would work fine.

Miami just needs better spacing with both Lebron and Wade being poor outside shooters.
    One of the reasons Bibby performed so poorly is because his whole skillset is centered around having the ball in his hands. You can say that shooting a basketball is always shooting shooting a basketball regardless of the situation, but that is obviously not true. Not all off-the-dribble shooters can thrive when suddenly have to start spacing the floor and spotting up.

So what do you expect of Billups? Create space for himself off the ball, space the floor and be a deadly spot up shooter? What about Billups's career up to this point makes you think he is good at that?

I'm not saying he's ever going to do as bad as Bibby, because he's not as washed up as Bibby despite being a bit older. But there is nothing that Billups has done so far to suggest he can successfully transition into a new role as a great spot up shooter. Maybe he can, but it's a total toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    One of the reasons Bibby performed so poorly is because his whole skillset is centered around having the ball in his hands. You can say that shooting a basketball is always shooting shooting a basketball regardless of the situation, but that is obviously not true. Not all off-the-dribble shooters can thrive when suddenly have to start spacing the floor and spotting up.

So what do you expect of Billups? Create space for himself off the ball, space the floor and be a deadly spot up shooter? What about Billups's career up to this point makes you think he is good at that?

I'm not saying he's ever going to do as bad as Bibby, because he's not as washed up as Bibby despite being a bit older. But there is nothing that Billups has done so far to suggest he can successfully transition into a new role as a great spot up shooter. Maybe he can, but it's a total toss up.
    I can agree catch and shoot is different than off the dribble players, but Bibby was shooting 45.5% from 3 in the 22 regular season games he played with MIA. It seemed like he was shooting better than he ever had with all the open looks he was getting.

For some reason in the playoffs though, I guess age, he just fell apart completely. I guess I'm saying I don't think Billups is that close to washed up.