Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Drazen Petrovic is the best shooter ever played in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Best shooter ever is a tossup between Nash and Mark Price

I might give Nash the slight edge since he had more 40/50/90 seasons.

Petro' was awesome though. He would have been remembered as an all-time great if he'd stuck around a bit longer. His death was one of the great tragedies in NBA history. As it sits, no one but the more hardcore NBA fans have ever even heard of him, which is really sad.
    Well, and all of Europe. But who's counting?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

I'm one of the biggest Petro fans outside of eastern Europe..and THIS thread is bullshit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

<----------

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Best shooter ever is a tossup between Nash and Mark Price

I might give Nash the slight edge since he had more 40/50/90 seasons.
    Psh, 40/50/90? Nashty Nash almost had two 50/50/90's. Unheard of.

Steve Nash, GOAT shooter.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Well, and all of Europe.
    True, hehe. I am an Ameritard and forget about these things.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Psh, 40/50/90? Nashty Nash almost had two 50/50/90's. Unheard of.

Steve Nash, GOAT shooter.
    Agreed. That's why I said I give the edge to Nash even though I grew up rooting for Price.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

"best shooter thread? here I am"

Banned

Give Stephen Curry a couple more years, he's coming for the crown..

I still say the two best shooters I have seen in the NBA are Steve Novak and Shane Heal. Although Petrovic is way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I still say the two best shooters I have seen in the NBA are Steve Novak and Shane Heal. Although Petrovic is way up there.
    Steve Novak lol. Strictly bench material. He can't create his own shots or he would start.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

Shane Heal and his 97 career points in the NBA can GTFO. He's not in the same stratosphere as Petrovic as an NBA shooter, that's why he only has 97 career points and was in the NBA for not even one full season.

Novak is a scrub role player (still 100x better than Shane Heal) who cannot hold Petrovic's jock. Dude is only allowed to shoot the ball when he is wide open and plays 9.4 mpg for his career. That should tell you all you need to know about his shooting ability in comparison to Petrovic. Novak is not even on the radar. Novak is not even one of the 1000 best shooters in NBA history, let alone better than Drazen Petrovic.

Petrovic's euro game was too ahead of its time. He died in his prime at 29 and couldve been a greater shooter well into his 30s. he had the correct fundamentals and great ball-handling skills for a guard. but somehow the nets didnt want to renew his contract. Ill never understand why they didnt, Petrovic was a star in the making for the Nets.

As a shooter, he was a great. but there have been far too many great shooters in NBA history worthy of being called the best shooter. I think its a title too hard to determine and its not worthy leaving out the other great shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Shane Heal and his 97 career points in the NBA can GTFO. He's not in the same stratosphere as Petrovic as an NBA shooter, that's why he only has 97 career points and was in the NBA for not even one full season.

Novak is a scrub role player (still 100x better than Shane Heal) who cannot hold Petrovic's jock. Dude is only allowed to shoot the ball when he is wide open and plays 9.4 mpg for his career. That should tell you all you need to know about his shooting ability in comparison to Petrovic. Novak is not even on the radar. Novak is not even one of the 1000 best shooters in NBA history, let alone better than Drazen Petrovic.
    Heal was 32 when he played in the NBA, much like the other GREAT Australian Basketball player, Andrew Gaze, the American audience didn't see him at his best. As a pure shooter he is without doubt one of the best ever seen.
    Unfortunately given his size and inability to run a team as a PG (at that level of compitition) he didn't last at all in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

You just earned a permanent ignore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Heal was 32 when he played in the NBA, much like the other GREAT Australian Basketball player, Andrew Gaze, the American audience didn't see him at his best. As a pure shooter he is without doubt one of the best ever seen.
    Unfortunately given his size and inability to run a team as a PG (at that level of compitition) he didn't last at all in the NBA.
    Prime Shane Heal would be a 3rd string bench scrub, just like the current best Australian PG Patty Mills is.