Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ☆Official Gamecast Thread

Seems like it's monthly here and none was started so.....

@
    [COLOR="Indigo"]Los Angeles Lakers (2-3) [/COLOR] @ [COLOR="Orange"]Golden State Warriors (4-1)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]WHEN: Friday, November 4th, 2016
    WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
    MEDIA: ESPN
    Vegas Lines: Warriors -11.0, O/U: 228.5[/COLOR]

Qs Quote:
    [COLOR="Gray"] Luke Walton was superb last year as an interim and already has led the Lakers to a 2-3 mark, despite only one game in the confines of the Staples Center. They return home to face a Warriors squad coming off a demolishing of the Thunder, a game where Durant seemingly put in extra effort. Los Angeles was one of the Dubs nine losses in 2015-16, and it'll be interesting to see if the Warriors care about that. [/COLOR]

Q's Quick Preview (Click Me)

Q's Prediction:
    [COLOR="Green"]Warriors Win 113-101[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Q's Prediction Record: 8-3 (3-1)[/COLOR]

Home of the 16

Default Re: Official November Thread

Exploded: every Laker just exploded tonight. I understand the Warriors played back to back, but the Lakers played it beautifully. The Warriors cut down the lead from 12 to 6, but the Lakers just somehow stuck in there & brought it back up to double digits early-mid in the 4th. The groups' defensive efforts & Lou Williams' (but mostly from everyone, Lou just stuck out the most 3 after 3) consistency during crunch time played a huge part in the 2nd half. Just beautifully done. Ingram still struggled a bit, but he contributed well (defensive presence, drew a foul at crunch time). Luol Deng needs to go. lol

Larry's dunk in the 1stQ. I'm ded.

Thanks, QRICH.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-05-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Home of the 16

Default Re: Official November Thread

~via Serena Winters Twitter

D'Angelo Russell said after team huddles their go-to chant is now: 'I love basketball!'
    *in @MettaWorldPeace voice of course*
    Steve Kerr: “It’s our annual beat down at Staples by the Lakers, they do this every year. Let’s just give them credit."

Default Re: ☆Official November Thread

What a game! Everyone hustling and playing hard defense from start to finish. I would like to see these Lakers play like this every night. I don't expect them to shoot well every night but defense and hustle I do expect.

Do we have the best bench or what? I liked what I saw from Larry Nance! He provides a lot of quality minutes off the bench. Lou Williams is arguably our best scorer when he gets it going. I am bit disappointed by Ingram's offense, but he looks good on defense. Still rookie so I give him benefit of the doubt.

Deng is definitely not looking good out there. I wish we could have gotten Kent Bazemore. He turned down same deal we gave Deng. It's okay, we will get someone next summer who is even better hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What a game! Everyone hustling and playing hard defense from start to finish. I would like to see these Lakers play like this every night. I don't expect them to shoot well every night but defense and hustle I do expect.

Do we have the best bench or what? I liked what I saw from Larry Nance! He provides a lot of quality minutes off the bench. Lou Williams is arguably our best scorer when he gets it going. I am bit disappointed by Ingram's offense, but he looks good on defense. Still rookie so I give him benefit of the doubt.

Deng is definitely not looking good out there. I wish we could have gotten Kent Bazemore. He turned down same deal we gave Deng. It's okay, we will get someone next summer who is even better hopefully.
    Deng (PER =11.1)is struggling with his shooting and YET he has a BETTER PER than Bazemore(10.1). Luol also brings positive influences on the young players, other stuff that don't show up in the stats.
    It's funny that the game threads about the Lakers that they don't even include Lou Williams' name and yet he is top 3 in stats esp on pts.

Looking at the schedule, y'all could end up winning the next 5 to go to 9-3

Got ya bitches at #10 on my Power Rankings!

10] Los Angeles Lakers: 4-3 (Previous 25)
    The Purple and Gold are playing some exciting basketball that is also providing some victories. Luke Walton has done a great job revitalizing the historic franchise and is right up there with Brad Stevens among coveted young coaches. With six of the seven games coming against teams .500 or better, including an absolute domination of Golden State, they are showing they can stick with the big boys. With the upcoming schedule as well, the Lakers can very well end up 8-3.

Week 4: vs Dallas, @ Sacramento, @ New Orleans, @ Minnesota

@
    [COLOR="Purple"]Los Angeles Lakers (4-4) [/COLOR] @ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Sacramento Kings (4-5)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]WHEN: Thursday, November 10th at 7:30 PM PST
    WHERE: Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA
    MEDIA: TNT
    Vegas Lines: TBD[/COLOR]

Qs Quote:
    [COLOR=Grey] The Lakers blew out Golden State, and follow it up with a loss to the one-win Dirk-less Mavericks. Sacramento finally got Darren Collison back, and have won two in a row after losing four in a row, including a nice win in Toronto. This should be a fun watch. [/COLOR]

Q's Prediction:
    [COLOR="Green"]Kings Win 108-106[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Prediction Record: 13-4 (7-1)[/COLOR]

Home of the 16

There's so many things to say about the recent game, can't stop smiling during the Julius/Boogie scuffle.

Rivalry has been renewed. -Reggie Miller

Great win last night!

Came back from 19 down.

If you guys are ever in Sac you got to check out Golden One Center.

It's plush!

High School Varsity 6th Man

Love our bench. We definitely have the best bench in the NBA. I really think Lou Williams deserves some MVP consideration for how he has been leading our team off the bench.

I'm curious to see if we will play 5 point guards on the floor at some point this season. Williams, Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle. That could be a version of SHOWTIME with those five.

That would obviously be a small lineup that wouldn't get many blocks but would figure to create turnovers with steals and deflections, and outrun everyone in transition.
    Last edited by kkinchen; 11-11-2016 at 04:53 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Lou Williams for MVP

First MVP to come off the bench. Getting it done with this young Lakers team. Playing like his mentor Allen Iverson.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    There's so many things to say about the recent game, can't stop smiling during the Julius/Boogie scuffle.
    What impressed my most about the win was that most them didn't have a good shooting night.
    They hanged in there and sustain their good defense until they found their range.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Love our bench. We definitely have the best bench in the NBA. I really think Lou Williams deserves some MVP consideration for how he has been leading our team off the bench.

I'm curious to see if we will play 5 point guards on the floor at some point this season. Williams, Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle. That could be a version of SHOWTIME with those five.

That would obviously be a small lineup that wouldn't get many blocks but would figure to create turnovers with steals and deflections, and outrun everyone in transition.
    I don't know about MVP consideration but I am glad someone else has given props to Lou Will. Almost everybody has been given so much credit, even Nance, which he deserves but come on now, Lou Will has been very vital in almost all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    @
    [COLOR="Purple"]Los Angeles Lakers (4-4) [/COLOR] @ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Sacramento Kings (4-5)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]WHEN: Thursday, November 10th at 7:30 PM PST
    WHERE: Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA
    MEDIA: TNT
    Vegas Lines: TBD[/COLOR]

Qs Quote:
    [COLOR=Grey] The Lakers blew out Golden State, and follow it up with a loss to the one-win Dirk-less Mavericks. Sacramento finally got Darren Collison back, and have won two in a row after losing four in a row, including a nice win in Toronto. This should be a fun watch. [/COLOR]

Q's Prediction:
    [COLOR="Green"]Kings Win 108-106[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Prediction Record: 13-4 (7-1)[/COLOR]

Well, Kings lost ! and if you could include Lou's mug next time, thanks