Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Has an NBA game/basketball game been played on grass?

I was thinking about it the other day if NBA game/basketball game has been played on grass. Hell even team handball has been played on grass (1936 Olympics in Berlin). But why is basketball never on grass? Who thought it would be funny to see basketball played inside on some light brown shit???

Personally I think it could help smart NBA players like Steve Nash-ty if NBA was on grass because then I think passing is easier. Also there can be puddles and wet game and wind and lots of funny effects.

Even if NBA is played inside I think there should always be some wind in the game to be more realistic. Have you ever played basketball and managed to make rain and wind evaporate? I havent. I sometimes take a towel with me to the ground to dry the ball after bouncin' it.

Default Re: Has an NBA game/basketball game been played on grass?

this thread doesnt even deserve a post but, you obviously never dribbled a basketball in your life.

Serious playground baller Fazotronic's Avatar

I spent many a summer playing basketball on grass fields in the French countryside.

Short, thin grass on very hard and dry ground. It's far from perfect but still playable. If you love the game. It gets dusty and it's not as tight for movement, but the ball does bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    this thread doesnt even deserve a post but, you obviously never dribbled a basketball in your life.
    Tennis is sometimes played on grass, so I'm sure it's possible to play on it with a basketball, although I'm not sure what the point of doing so is (besides for the fun of it).

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

You smoke grass?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

You kept us waiting too long for another one of your quality threads.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    You kept us waiting too long for another one of your quality threads.

What? I have to make new threads how often. I made this one: http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232383 7 minutes earlier so I hope I can get away with that. Not like I commited murder or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazotronic

Banned

What about basketball on ice? Have they ever done that in Iceland?

it'll have to be wimbledon type grass. and yes i believe it will save a lot of players' knees.

Quote Originally Posted by NauruDude
    I was thinking about it the other day if NBA game/basketball game has been played on grass. Hell even team handball has been played on grass (1936 Olympics in Berlin). But why is basketball never on grass? Who thought it would be funny to see basketball played inside on some light brown shit???

Personally I think it could help smart NBA players like Steve Nash-ty if NBA was on grass because then I think passing is easier. Also there can be puddles and wet game and wind and lots of funny effects.

Even if NBA is played inside I think there should always be some wind in the game to be more realistic. Have you ever played basketball and managed to make rain and wind evaporate? I havent. I sometimes take a towel with me to the ground to dry the ball after bouncin' it.

A GOODS THINKING THREAD!!!

wtf is people to this thread the say these things : what the shit , a no think threads. WHAT ARE THE PEOPLE THINK?? ok how many people the have a house inside with a basketball hoops inside houses WTF?! a many pepples yeah like a 3 people everyone play basketball out TO THE PARK!! OUTSIDE!! there grasssun and winds and rain.

i dont not understand either why there not many game to the outside in park grass and the things like that there outside. in there outside the SUN is put more energy to player man these have no sun ?? the see no sun in the playing game. a sun will have more energy and player like YAO MING dont always have injure. dwight howard and more player like big player have ENERGY to run alot fast and lebron even faser. that play outside will EXPOSE them superstar that cant not play REAL
    basketballings: look:

in outside there are WIND that the player have be able only elite basketball shot player can shot with wind. durant win the outside H.O.R.S.E game he have obviuosly have that in the wind play basketball, durant i think will be the best in that outside basketball. i think theres alot of more people want that outside basketball to the grass or bark , that thre REAL basketball peoples many people here the have no think , no think that say these dumb therad. i think naurudude never make a thread post with thinking like these thread.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2

What about basketball on ice? Have they ever done that in Iceland?
    Not much ice here now, actually. But yeah... we play basketball in rather icy or snowy court during winter. Wet, slippery and sometimes frozen ball... Cold hands, little to no feelings in your fingers... No problem. All for the love of the game.

why don't you try dribbling a ball on grass?

Good High School Starter

This is brilliant. Maybe Oden will finally be injury free, playing on soft grass.

Jailblazers will return to prominence!