Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jordan , Kobe , Lebron & Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

i didnt say it was my list. i have russell and kareem ahead of kobe ( infact i have them arguable goats )

its magic and bird i have behind kobe

i'm saying in the real world magic, bird, kobe are leaps and bounds more popular than kareem and russell

and to be a top 5 player all time in the real world you have to be a polarizing guy with the accomplishments to back it up

i think

jordan
    magic
    bird
    kobe

are the most polarizing guys in nba history... lebron is on his way to that level IMO

and to the guys saying duncan... LOL good luck with that. theres people in texas who dont know who he is yet
    LeBron's been extremely polarizing since his decision telecast. That first year in Miami he faced as much criticism and scrutiny as any player in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    I literally have these 5 players in the 7-11 range all time, ranking them is an extremely difficult task
    I think LeBron is clearly better than Magic. Even as his resume stands right now. It's not popular opinion yet, but I believe it to be true. I judge more based off people's actual game.

Banned

whats the point of acccomplishing anything if nobody knows or cares to know you accomplished it

- tim duncan

he should have tried flying "OVER" the radar during his career. its too bad he was always hiding from the planet with his shy behavior and no emotion

dude was too nice. too polite. too soft spoken. not fun to watch in any way shape or form. his moves were dull. he willingly took a back seat allot of the time. and yeah it worked. he got ginobili, parker and kawhi to pick up the slack allot of the time. and he coasted to a ring or 2. but my god. its not always about self satisfaction. at some point you have to try and live up to others expectations

and people want superhero's. people only remember what is memorable

duncan never made an impact on society. and thats why he could win 6 or 7 rings and he'd still be behind kobe

same reason bird only needed 3 rings to be one of the top 3 legends.. or why wilt only needed 2 rings

theyre both more memorable than duncan cause they knew how to please the crowd

win the crowd. and win your freedom. duncan would never have survived as a gladiator