Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Jordan , Kobe , Lebron & Bird.

Lebron and Kobe are among the only players in NBA history to crack the top 10 in postseason points & assists.

In company with Top 5 greats , yet both fanbases think neither are Top 10 all time? Maybe you just don't know Basketball.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Jordan , Kobe , Lebron & Bird.

It's just Stan wars, realistically both will end up in the TOP 5 when it's all said and done, Kobe definitely , Lebron still has to capture a few more titles but it's possible. I'm a Kobe Stan but I like Lebron, and usually when Kobe isn't playing, deep down I would rather Lebron win, it's just dealing with his stans that causes me to not publicly admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    It's just Stan wars, realistically both will end up in the TOP 5 when it's all said and done, Kobe definitely , Lebron still has to capture a few more titles but it's possible. I'm a Kobe Stan but I like Lebron, and usually when Kobe isn't playing, deep down I would rather Lebron win, it's just dealing with his stans that causes me to not publicly admit it.
    No they won't

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo

jordan, russell, kareem, shaq, magic, duncan, bird and hakeem are all ahead of kobe easily.

all of those + wilt. moses,west, oscar, elgin, dirk, kg are ahead of lebrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness

jordan, russell, kareem, shaq, magic, duncan, bird and hakeem are all ahead of kobe easily.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Why do you always type stupid shit?

Banned

I'm not even comfortable having LeBron in my top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I'm not even comfortable having LeBron in my top 50.
    I'm not sure he should even be in the top 100

I rule the local playground

Kobe will end up top 3 in all time scoring, No 1 in playoff scoring, and a host of other records to his name. It's going to be hard to ignore his entire career. He's ending up top 10, with a shot at top 5 for sure.

lebron, I'm not sure where he's going to end up. He's at the peak of his ESPN hype right now, but when he starts to fade and other stars are hyped, people will get a better perspective at where he stands. Right now, 2 rings on a colluded team might not go far in the eyes of many.

Banned

i think if you go up to 100,000 people on the street and take a survey. theyel list these guys as the top players of all time

- michael jordan
    - magic johnson
    - larry bird
    - kobe bryant
    - wilt chamberlain

theyre the 5 biggest names in basketball history. and theyre all insanely accomplished.

this is probably the real top 5 ever.

only on message boards do you see guys like russell, duncan or shaq make it high on lists

lebron is close to bumping wilt

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i think if you go up to 100,000 people on the street and take a survey. theyel list these guys as the top players of all time

- michael jordan
    - magic johnson
    - larry bird
    - kobe bryant
    - wilt chamberlain

theyre the 5 biggest names in basketball history. and theyre all insanely accomplished.

this is probably the real top 5 ever.

only on message boards do you see guys like russell, duncan or shaq make it high on lists

lebron is close to bumping wilt
    How is Kobe ahead of, or more accomplished than Russell or Kareem?

I only rate my top ten based on what I've seen in context. I just missed the Bird v.s. Magic era. If I were to include what I know in terms of the history of the game things would be different. But for me?

MJ, Kobe, and LeBron are the three greatest perimeter players I've ever seen. Both easily in my top five. All three were elite, efficient volume scorers, could distribute, but more importantly all played defense ... and elevated their teams to championships.

Samurai's Top Five All-Time * since '89

1) MJ
    2) LeBron
    3) Kobe
    4) Shaq
    5) Duncan or Hakeem

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I only rate my top ten based on what I've seen in context. I just missed the Bird v.s. Magic era. If I were to include what I know in terms of the history of the game things would be different. But for me?

MJ, Kobe, and LeBron are the three greatest perimeter players I've ever seen. Both easily in my top five. All three were elite, efficient volume scorers, could distribute, but more importantly all played defense ... and elevated their teams to championships.

1) MJ
    2) LeBron
    3) Kobe
    4) Shaq
    5) Duncan or Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

1) MJ
    2) LeBron
    3) Kobe
    4) Shaq
    5) Duncan or Hakeem
    I literally have these 5 players in the 7-11 range all time, ranking them is an extremely difficult task

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    How is Kobe ahead of, or more accomplished than Russell or Kareem?
    i didnt say it was my list. i have russell and kareem ahead of kobe ( infact i have them arguable goats )

its magic and bird i have behind kobe

i'm saying in the real world magic, bird, kobe are leaps and bounds more popular than kareem and russell

and to be a top 5 player all time in the real world you have to be a polarizing guy with the accomplishments to back it up

i think

jordan
    magic
    bird
    kobe

are the most polarizing guys in nba history... lebron is on his way to that level IMO

and to the guys saying duncan... LOL good luck with that. theres people in texas who dont know who he is yet