Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: What's your realistic off season for the Bulls?

I think getting Melo is realistic. I think he'll either stay in NYC or go to Chicago.

Boozer is gone if that happens, for sure. Either way, I think Booze is gone. I just read that Mirotic is more than likely going to be playing in the NBA next season.

The Bulls do need to get a back up Center for Noah. I think they should go after Okafor.

I'd be very happy if the Bulls roster next season looked like this:

C: Noah/Okafor
    PF: Taj/Mirotic
    SF: 'Melo/McDermott
    SG: Butler/Hinrich
    PG: Rose/Augustin

Augustin and Hinrich are fine , I don't have any faith in Rose nowadays .
    Boozer might as well go away . We should really try for Anthony Randolph , Kevin Love and Derozan !!

Good college starter

Bulls are looking at Ramon Sessions and Anthony Morrow. Mavs want DJ Augustin.

College superstar

My updated offseason...

1) Amnesty Boozer, waive all non-guaranteed contracts, renounce rights to all Bulls FAs. This should open up enough cap room to do the following...
    2) Sign Isaiah Thomas to a 3y/24m deal. He will back up Rose, be an energizer off the bench, and is also an insurance policy.
    3) Trade Butler and Dunleavy to Pacers for a S&T Stephenson and a pick, protected top 20 in 2015, top 15 in '16, top 10 in '17, top 3 protected in '18, unprotected in '19. Heavy protections, obviously, but it could become useful, and those protections shouldn't make the pick a deal breaker.

Rose/Thomas/Jimmer
    Stephenson/Snell/Jimmer
    McDermott/Stephenson/Snell
    Gibson/Randolph
    Noah/Randolph/Mohammed

I may have missed a couple forgettable players, but otherwise that should be the rotation. Solid playmaking and shooting and rebounding, all being enhanced by the always-stingy D.

A lot of things up in the air still.
    Can't wait for all the dominoes to begin to fall. Starting to get tired of following all these rumors and nothing happening officially.

Still holding out hope for Melo, but I'm sure the Bulls have contingency plans in place.

I'd like for them to go out and get Stephenson, but I feel like he doesn't match the mold of a Thibs/Gar/Pax kind of guy and they'll stay away.

I do want to go out and get another shooter and a center as well. I'd like to see Augustin, Dunleavy, and Hinrich back as well.

If we just amnesty Boozer how much cap space does that give us?

Sign Stephenson, Morrow and a Center.
    Bring back Augustin and Hinrich.

I'd like this lineup a lot:

Rose - Augustin - Hinrich

Stephenson - Snell - Morrow

Butler - Dunleavy - McDermott

Gibson - Mirotic - Randolph

Noah - Mohammed - Free Agent

College superstar

Hard to say exactly on cap room, but I think it's about 13m if we amnesty Boozer. Though I could be wrong because of rookie contracts.

But then to waive non-guaranteed contracts, and we have a couple contracts that would be easy to dump... can definitely get up to the 20m mark pretty easily.

And I agree that Stephenson is not the typical Bulls player... but man, we need someone like that. I love that Nazr pushed Lebron down. Stephenson wouldn't back down, ever, either.

A guy that I would really like and have wanted for a while and would fit in perfectly would be Chandler Parsons.

Everything that's been rumored to been going on for the last 24-48 hours might work in our favor.

Seems Lebron MAY go back to Cleveland and if he does then I see Bosh taking the Houston deal.

That might work in our favor on two fronts.
    Maybe that means Houston won't match any offer they get for Parsons because they'll have tons of money tied up with Howard, Harden and Bosh.
    So maybe we could pry Parsons away. A lineup of Rose-Butler-Parsons-Gibson and Noah is very appealing.

If Lebron goes to Cleveland and Bosh goes to Houston that might help push Melo towards our Bulls as well if he sees other teams improving and wants to come here and give himself the best chance to compete and win.

Just want this all to be over honestly.

We're adding a healthy Rose and Mirotic and moving Taj Gibson into the starting lineup as well as adding a great rookie in McDermott. Along with hopefully improvement in Butler and Snell's games and I'm already excited and optimistic for this upcoming season.

If we add one impact guy I like our chances.

I also want us to bring back DJ, Kirk and Dunleavy.

College superstar

I have not watched much of Parsons, but can he create his own shot? Bulls need a second player that can create for himself and others... which is one big reason I love Stephenson.

And if Bosh goes to Houston, and Lebron to Cleveland, Miami will more than likely swoop in and grab Parsons, offering him 15m a year like Hayward just got (which is way too much).

Not saying Parsons would be a bad fit, at all... I probably have him around the 5-7 range on FA targets..