Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Knicks vs. Nets tonight. Teams taking game super serious...

[QUOTE=niko]You said ALL NEW YORKERS EYES ARE ON THE NETS. Don't blame me because even you don't like your posts. NYers who want to specifically see basketball and aren

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You're way too obsessed with defending the Knicks against even indirect slights on the internet. You're just too old for it.

It's really embarrassing bro.
    It's just being honest. When we discuss Barclays (go look) I always say how nice it is, how much better the crowd is this year, the food rocks, etc. I don't like when people who aren't actually in the city adn who never go to games (like It'saVC3, he literally never drives the hour to see his team) tell me "the pulse of the city".

Considering i correct people on one topic and you correct people on literally every single other topic in the universe not sure you're the person who should be telling me this.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

[QUOTE=niko]You said ALL NEW YORKERS EYES ARE ON THE NETS. Don't blame me because even you don't like your posts. NYers who want to specifically see basketball and aren

I won't buy into this bullshit rivalry hype. If the Nets want my attention, they have to get to the ECF. Otherwise, they're on the same level as Oral-ando and Atlanta - irrelevant.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's just being honest. When we discuss Barclays (go look) I always say how nice it is, how much better the crowd is this year, the food rocks, etc. I don't like when people who aren't actually in the city adn who never go to games (like It'saVC3, he literally never drives the hour to see his team) tell me "the pulse of the city".

Considering i correct people on one topic and you correct people on literally every single other topic in the universe not sure you're the person who should be telling me this.
    You might be right, but I can tell you this much: BK may not be the toast of the town, but the Knicks certainly are the joke of the town.

The whole year, all I heard at sports bars and weekend gatherings was the Knicks are still better than the Nets. Then it was, the Knicks suck but the Nets suck even more. Then it was, the Nets aren't going to keep this up, the Knicks will be in the mix once Tyson gets back. Then it was, the Nets are a guarenteed first round exit, if the Knicks get in the playoffs they will be the most dangerous lower seed in the East.

Then it was silence. Followed by laughter.

Point is, you're right in that win or lose, the Nets haven't garnered much media attention here. And, the "pulse of the city" doesn't run through Barclays.

But the pulse of basketball enthusiasts in NY right now does. The Nets underachieved, then overachieved brilliantly after losing their most consistent player at the time...after several Knicks fans on ISH and throughout NY ridiculed Jason Kidd and their massive payroll. The Knicks in comparison underachieved, then spiraled into oblivion, with minor fluctuations in between.

The way I feel, NYC is still a Knicks town first, but not to the extent that some Knicks fans allude to. Those same sports bars that heralded the Knicks 5 months ago now throw the tag "#Knickstape" around as punchline jokes, unless it pertains to Phil-driven optimism or Melo-related panic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    You might be right, but I can tell you this much: BK may not be the toast of the town, but the Knicks certainly are the joke of the town.

The whole year, all I heard at sports bars and weekend gatherings was the Knicks are still better than the Nets. Then it was, the Knicks suck but the Nets suck even more. Then it was, the Nets aren't going to keep this up, the Knicks will be in the mix once Tyson gets back. Then it was, the Nets are a guarenteed first round exit, if the Knicks get in the playoffs they will be the most dangerous lower seed in the East.

Then it was silence. Followed by laughter.

Point is, you're right in that win or lose, the Nets haven't garnered much media attention here. And, the "pulse of the city" doesn't run through Barclays.

But the pulse of basketball enthusiasts in NY right now does. The Nets underachieved, then overachieved brilliantly after losing their most consistent player at the time...after several Knicks fans on ISH and throughout NY ridiculed Jason Kidd and their massive payroll. The Knicks in comparison underachieved, then spiraled into oblivion, with minor fluctuations in between.

The way I feel, NYC is still a Knicks town first, but not to the extent that some Knicks fans allude to. Those same sports bars that heralded the Knicks 5 months ago now throw the tag "#Knickstape" around as punchline jokes, unless it pertains to Phil-driven optimism or Melo-related panic.
    The Knicks literally will get more time devoted to them during the playoffs than the Nets will be even though they aren't in them. There is very little buzz about the Nets. Are we talking about which team is better or which team people care about?

Nets buzz right now is moreso Nets fans. If they make a nice run they'll get more attention, and once it ends they will be gone till next year. It's just how it is.

Some of you sound like my Met fan friends insisting the team has a bigger presence than it really does. I'm a Met fan, i don't get it on my end, i don't get it on the opposite end.

And Yes, we go to the pool every week and it's all hipsters. I send my kids to hipster swimming classes. I feel deep shame.

If i said "LA IS NOW A CLIPPERS TOWN" the Laker fans would all say i'm wrong. It's really similar here.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I won't buy into this bullshit rivalry hype. If the Nets want my attention, they have to get to the ECF. Otherwise, they're on the same level as Oral-ando and Atlanta - irrelevant.
    LOL. If the Nets want your attention? They shit on your team. Need to make the ECF? When is the last time the Knixks did that?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

If i said "LA IS NOW A CLIPPERS TOWN" the Laker fans would all say i'm wrong. It's really similar here.
    clippers fans don't go to laker games and chant "clippers". like how the nets chanted "brooklyn" periodically during the nets v. knicks at msg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcZcthJX_Vs

Also worth mentioning that the league probably called J. Kidd and told him to not rest all of his starters like he was planning to because of this being on national television. I hope starters get pulled out really early and give the bench 35 minutes or so.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

Do you honestly believe that? That NY is on the edge of their seat for first round Nets basketball? That doesn't sound stupid as you type it down?

speak for yourself. youre a very delusional knick fan

i know ill be watching the nets and have been rooting for them all year. ive been a knick fan all my life

Quote Originally Posted by dgaras
    speak for yourself. youre a very delusional knick fan

i know ill be watching the nets and have been rooting for them all year. ive been a knick fan all my life
    [COLOR="Magenta"]i wont be watchn the nets

and ima life long knick fan also [/COLOR]

Nets defense has been utter ****ing shit. Deron has been useless as well. Dude is just the most over-paid player in the league. I am completely baffled at how sub-par this defense is tonight. And the playoffs are starting in several days? Not going to go anywhere with defense like tonight. Shot selection is putrid shit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Hopefully the nets win so that the fifth seed can be finally secured. just excited for the playoffs. i want the standings to be set tomorrow so that they can release the schedule as soon as possible. all new yorkers have their eyes on the brooklyn nets for the meantime.
    Don't be delusional. All of NY does not and will not have their eyes on the Nets. Not while baseball is around.

Me, I'll be watching the wars of the Western Conference playoffs

I'm sure Rangers playoff games will have better ratings than Net playoff games

Nets are pathetic. They're trying to position themselves to be the 6th seed to match-up with the Raptors. For Raps, the ideal situation is to face Wiz first round and then Pacers. Both teams they matchup well against.

Nets will be a tougher matchup, but I think home court wins out there.