Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan is trying to get back to his playing weight

Lol Jordan would get owned if he tried to comeback. Come on let's be real he would be a liability on defense at the least. I know it's mj but 50 years old is 50 years old just look at kobe one of the hardest workers in the nba if not the hardest worker and guys he's guarding routinely have great nights could jordan really keep up I think not
    Last edited by #number6ix#; 02-16-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    Lol Jordan would get owned if he tried to comeback. Come on let's be real he would be a liability on defense at the least. I know it's mj but 50 years old is 50 years old just look at kobe one of the hardest workers in the nba if not the hardest worker and guys he's guarding routinely have great nights could jordan really keep up I think not

Naww. Players respect Jordan and would go a little easier

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Naww. Players respect Jordan and would go a little easier
    If you believe that for ONE second you're insane (though I know evidence on this board has already confirmed this). You think all these young guys wouldn't go extra hard at Jordan to try and make a name for themselves by dominating him? You think LeBron, Kobe and Brandon Jennings for some reason wouldn't wanna drop 80 on him?

After all the shit Jordan's said about this era being easier to blah blah blah and these players couldn't have cut it when he was around, you think they'd go EASY on him so he could keep downing this generation once he packs up and leaves again? If MJ even came back and was remotely successful, it'd be an embarrassment to the current league that a 50 year old from the 90s could come back and play well against them. They'd go at him harder than you've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuck
    This guy is a post career joke.
    Yeah, his post-career has gone so horribly wrong that he makes more in a month than you will in 10 years.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Who doesn't wanna see Jordan come back and play for OKC or the heat
    I don't. I already saw the majority of his career when he was actually in his prime, including every game of the Bulls' titles years. With this being the case, why would I care to see him at 50? I'm not some kid who never saw Jordan, nor am I someone whose only live recollection of him is from his Wizards years and had to watch YouTube clips to see what he was like. I saw it all as it was actually happening. I don't believe I watched a single game while he was on the Wizards, so why would I want to watch him now? If it actually happens, I still maintain it's pathetic. It would mean that even after all his riches and his fame, he still can't let go and move on with his life. Which goes to show that more money that most people could ever dream of isn't what people think it is, and can't buy contentment.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Yeah, his post-career has gone so horribly wrong that he makes more in a month than you will in 10 years.
    For god's sake he could make a ton just by deciding to release a shoe...

Banned

#1 reason jordan wont ever come back

= wilt chamberlain would overtake the all time ppg record

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    I don't. I already saw the majority of his career when he was actually in his prime, including every game of the Bulls' titles years. With this being the case, why would I care to see him at 50? I'm not some kid who never saw Jordan, nor am I someone whose only live recollection of him is from his Wizards years and had to watch YouTube clips to see what he was like. I saw it all as it was actually happening. I don't believe I watched a single game while he was on the Wizards, so why would I want to watch him now? If it actually happens, I still maintain it's pathetic. It would mean that even after all his riches and his fame, he still can't let go and move on with his life. Which goes to show that more money that most people could ever dream of isn't what people think it is, and can't buy contentment.

bro you got it way wrong. he will make more in 1 month than 99% of us make in a lifetime.
    assuming he makes 5-10+ mill a month

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Can't see him coming back. He might be able to play some cleanup minutes or whatever, but he is 50 years old. I'm sure that on a practice court he could probably still look like a great player, but getting old is noticed most at full speed. At the full speed of a game his reflexes, speed, decision making would all appear greatly diminished. He would appear unable to pull the trigger on offense as if he isn't even trying.

Would look very much like an old boxer who was once great trying to fight a younger fighter that he would have demolished in his day. He is 50 years old, this cannot be stressed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    #1 reason jordan wont ever come back

= wilt chamberlain would overtake the all time ppg record

This.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by mentallooser
    Can't see him coming back. He might be able to play some cleanup minutes or whatever, but he is 50 years old. I'm sure that on a practice court he could probably still look like a great player, but getting old is noticed most at full speed. At the full speed of a game his reflexes, speed, decision making would all appear greatly diminished. He would appear unable to pull the trigger on offense as if he isn't even trying.

Would look very much like an old boxer who was once great trying to fight a younger fighter that he would have demolished in his day. He is 50 years old, this cannot be stressed enough.

Did u just compare boxing to basketball????? Hell nah. U di know boxers prolly take more punishment than nfl players right??? Ive played bball against guys in their late 40's and yes their lateral quickness wasnt the best but they could shoot like crazy and they post game was exceptional. Not sayin every guy in their late 40's can pull it off but basketball and baseball are two sports that are father time friendly compared to boxin and football. I think jordan could come back and be like a jerry stackhouse....hit that corner three and with him gettin down to 218 hell he might even be able to rebound a lil.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

His post career is about as good as any former player not named Magic.

He makes $40 million per year from the Jordan Brand, he owns a team, and has one of the biggest houses in the world.

His career as an exec was not great, but many former player's weren't (Isaish's was worse).

He is attacked becasue his post career is under a microscope. Lots of players end up addicted to drugs and have criminal histories. He has maintained a clean record and is an upstanding citizen in Charlotte. HORRIBLY WRONG

MJ told me to get off his lawn

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Smh @ you guys thinking he's trying to come back. Nothing wrong with setting some new goals
    Last edited by CHi1PriDe; 02-16-2013 at 07:56 PM.