Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default The Mighty Shamrock AC (Updated player rankings, finally)

Due to massive changes in the Cs roster, the first post is under renovation. We'll have a top-flight team breakdown within a week. OR at worst, before the season starts.

ezboard thread.
    Last edited by Real Men Wear Green; 09-04-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Opinions, por favor: Any disagreements?

GB good to see getting the fam going

Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

Hey guys. Representing the Bean here.

Anyway, I don't really know who the C's are going to draft and I'm not entirely sure who I think they should draft. We have young players everywhere and I have high hopes for most of them. Although the frontcourt is dissapointing me(Al and Perk). I know they're still young but if possible I'd like to see the C's pick a big man in the draft. I think Delonte could be a solid PG for the future. He's good on D, will hit the open shot, and can create somewhat. I'm not sure when Wally's contract is up but I don't see him as a big part of the team. I see him as a roadblock for Green, Gomes, and Tony. I'd rather run a rotation of PP, Delonte, Gomes, Green, Tony, Greene, Al, Perk, Draft Pick(hopefully a big man) and maybe trade Wally and Raef for some younger guys. Or maybe just keep them so we have some vets on the team. Heh. It seems like we're kinda stuck here. It's unfortunate that it seems like we're wasting PP's prime by stinking it up.

I used to love the Celtics in the 80s, and I love Pierce, so I'll give you guys props, even if I hate your young guys

Why do you hate the young guys?

(I'm just guessing but I think it might be because sometimes they're overrated)

yeah it is lol

I like Wally and Pierce though, and they young guys would be fine if they weren't hyped all the time as being the next big thing. The only one I like is Ryan Gomes, he's wicked

Yea Gomes is great. And I agree that sometimes the young guys get overrated(especially Al) but I do have high hopes for Delonte, Perk, and Green.

TO be honest, I'm for trading this pick+Wally for someone solid like... Ricky Davis

And now that we've shown how reasonable we are by saying that everyone on the team is overrated, allow me to say, Green 17, Big Al for MVP, Paul Pierce is going to the Hall of Fame, and you wish you had someone half as talented as Gerald Green. Bitches.

Lmao. Yea, packaging the pick with Wally for someone wouldn't be that bad. Who could we get though? I would rather get a big man and let Green/Gomes/Tony/PP be our SF/SG rotation. DEN still looking to move KMart? POR still looking to move Randolph? (Sorry, I just don't have a ton of faith in Al)
    :p

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    And now that we've shown how reasonable we are by saying that everyone on the team is overrated, allow me to say, Green 17, Big Al for MVP, Paul Pierce is going to the Hall of Fame, and you wish you had someone half as talented as Gerald Green. Bitches.
    I still love our players but I just don't think Al will develop into an All Star. Gerald Green is going to be great though and I'm hoping he gets more time. And Paul Pierce should be a Hall of Fame lock when he retires.

Zach Randolph and Kenyon Martin are both no doubt available. For a reason. A bad reason. One badly overpaid pf that can't create offense with knee concerns, the other a good scorer with terrible d and shitty attitude. And a huge contract. Not interested.

I think we could bring over Easily Francis or Marbury for the pick alone, but I don't think Boston wants to gamble on them.

Maybe they just need a change of scenery. :p

No I was just trying to think of players who could be available this offseason. Although if KMart's knees are good I'd do that trade. Start Delonte, Green, Pierce, KMart, Perk and run, run, run.

Or maybe not. :cool: