Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Switch Kobe with 2014 Lebron on the 2006 Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Waiting for a legit, non bias stan of either Kobe or LeBron to tackle this one.
    If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and do all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

The thing is, that isn't Kobe's game. Bron can play the way Kobe was asked to...and do it better. A LOT better.

Doubt the Lakers would beat Miami in the finals or anything, but '14 Bron would get them outta the first round and as far as the WCF/finals. Guy is one of the few players in history who has a track record of consistently doing more with less.

Decent college freshman

A much worse version of Lebron carried a group of scrubs to the NBA Finals in 2007. He'd take that Laker team to the Conference Finals and lose to the Mavs. No way he's going to choke like Kobe did that year.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and doing all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

The thing is, that isn't Kobe's game. Bron can play the way Kobe was asked to...and do it better. A LOT better.

Doubt the Lakers would beat Miami in the finals or anything, but '14 Bron would get them outta the first round and as far as the WCF/finals. Guy is one of the few players in history who has a track record of consistently doing more with less.
    Lebron never won against a 53-win team in CLE (06 Suns record).

And Lebron had defense and shooters in CLE, the best build for a ball dominant one-man-show (Dwight 09, Iverson 01).

The 06 Lakers were exactly not that.

Smush, Walton, Odom, Kwame

Kicking the ball out to these guys?

Definitely. LeBron with Phil Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If you remember correctly, save for that 50 point bonanza (in a loss), Kobe REALLY dialed back in this series. Phil used him as a decoy (dropping 40 and 50 points was fools gold; the Lakers had to make the Suns' defense work which subsequently slowed their offense down), and had Bean playing "like" LeBron: get his teammates involved and do all the necessary things a leader in his position would do.

You lost my respect with out giving me my just ISH due ... but good post. And I actually agree. With everything,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Lebron never won against a 53-win team in CLE (06 Suns record).

And Lebron had defense and shooters in CLE, the best build for a ball dominant one-man-show (Dwight 09, Iverson 01).

The 06 Lakers were exactly not that.

Smush, Walton, Odom, Kwame

Kicking the ball out to these guys?
    2007 pistons won 53 games u fail

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    You lost my respect with out giving me my just ISH due ... but good post. And I actually agree. With everything,

Bro, your posting acumen should go without saying. You, Shaqattack and catch24 are first-ballot HOFers