Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

If that's what the future holds for MJ, then LeBron's legacy is already done for.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    3ball is legit senile
    Peak Kobe < 98' MJ

Now get it together, although I know the facts shook you up

he's still probably top 20 after durant 3-peats this year and has 1 more fmvp than kobe.. .. but you shouldn't be so proud of an iverson chucker like kobe anyway..

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

The next Jordan will be doing fade-away 3 pointers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Peak Kobe < 98' MJ

Now get it together, although I know the facts shook you up

he's still probably top 20 after durant 3-peats this year and has 1 more fmvp than kobe.. .. but you shouldn't be so proud of an iverson chucker like kobe anyway..

you're officially unhinged

Saw a basketball once

There's absolutely no way Jordan will be forgotten within the next couple of generations. Nevermind basketball, he's one of the iconic sportsmen of all time across all sports, I can only think of Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods and perhaps Pele/Maradona as having similar status. It's not just his career statistics, he has the head start and future NBA superstars will always be compared with him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by epicfadeaway
    There's absolutely no way Jordan will be forgotten within the next couple of generations. Nevermind basketball, he's one of the iconic sportsmen of all time across all sports, I can only think of Muhammad Ali, Tiger Woods and perhaps Pele/Maradona as having similar status. It's not just his career statistics, he has the head start and future NBA superstars will always be compared with him.

is cousy forgotten? no

but he's passed over due to the evolution of basketball

it is a very real and likely possibility that people will give asterisks to jordan 20-30 years from now when people are hitting 50% threes regularly and its basically 90% of what makes up the total score

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I didn't say there would be no humanity whatsoever 30 years from now. I said... sports as we know them today will disappear. Sure, there will be *something* but it is going to be an altered, enhanced version from today.
    I never said you said humanity wouldn’t exist. Re-read the entire sentence.

Some people. Certainly not me.

That was general commentary to the whole thread, not aimed at you. Most of these guys might just barely have three digit IQs if they do at all.

i think kobe will live on in a pistol pete sorta way

kobes difficult shot making ability and loads of youtube videos displaying them will be mythological

people will say he was a pioneer way ahead of his time

jordans dunks are already pretty tame compared to guys like james white/zach lavine/aaron gordon

his mythology is already kinda dead and the 6 for 6 thing is all we ever really bring up

his mid range 10 foot turn arounds aren't that cool anymore either
    my god did you get your feelings hurt or what?

who cares what 3ball has to say, he's another hired nerd just like lebron has hired nerds to prop him up on these boards

you're normally tolerable despite your non-stop kobe stanning but this is just getting silly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paksat
    my god did you get your feelings hurt or what?

who cares what 3ball has to say, he's another hired nerd just like lebron has hired nerds to prop him up on these boards

you're normally tolerable despite your non-stop kobe stanning but this is just getting silly

pierce/chauncey/rose on live tv agreed kobe was more skilled than MJ

its already snowballing and picking up momentum.. dont say i didnt warn ya

Why is Jordan triggering OP so badly today?

Kobe isn't even in the same discussion, why does OP even care?

pierce/chauncey/rose on live tv agreed kobe was more skilled than MJ

its already snowballing and picking up momentum.. dont say i didnt warn ya
    you're out of your fcking mind if you're picking kobe over jordan

out of it..

jordan had NO weaknesses do you understand that? he simply didn't practice 3's just like wilt didn't practice sky hooks... it wasn't a thing yet

bird himself has stated he NEVER practiced 3's

them guys didn't even play against the real mj anyway... you can't even count 2nd peat mj as mj

if you've never spent time watching 88-91 mj then you haven't seen mj.. and those guys certainly didn't play against that mj, their words have no water

Saw a basketball once

is cousy forgotten? no

but he's passed over due to the evolution of basketball

it is a very real and likely possibility that people will give asterisks to jordan 20-30 years from now when people are hitting 50% threes regularly and its basically 90% of what makes up the total score
    Yeah basketball is evolving and with the way things are going making threes is going to be the name of the game. BUT Jordan was the greatest in his era and the conditions of play during that time. The Jordan era will only become more nostalgic if the future of basketball becomes as dry as the likes of yourself fear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    Why is Jordan triggering OP so badly today?

Kobe isn't even in the same discussion, why does OP even care?

3ball said 98 MJ is better than peak kobe

i can admit jordan had the better career but you gotta give a little to get a lot... and i was offering a lot with my services... all he had to do was admit jordans 9th best version of himself was worse than kobes best

he couldnt even give up that much

so im done fighting battles for him with leturd stans when hes not around.

it was supposed to be a team effort because the lebron trolls out number everyone else combined. especially with the alt problem.

greed is the downfall of man. and in this case michael jordans legacy on ISH going forward

it is now my side mission to destroy jordans legacy and elevate kareems as the true goat... get ready for a revolution

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    (and yes, I was throwing Kobe a bone in the other thread, a pat on the head to the inferior player... :.. but you turned on me.. so now I gotta go in on the REAL kobe, a 6'6" iverson chucker, a carried knock-off.. maybe the most carried great player ever.)
    So this is how you really feel about Kobe ? Why do you pretend he's better than lebron?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    So this is how you really feel about Kobe ? Why do you pretend he's better than lebron?

the more unhinged 3ball gets the more insecure his posts become

half the media anointing lebron as the goat has made him snap on everyone

he admitted kobe was more skilled than MJ ever was just 2 weeks ago

today hes saying 98 mj is better than kobe ever was

the dudes off his meds going full retard.. he himself is doing more of a disservice to jordans legacy at this point. he needs to leave the board before other kobe fans start getting sick of MJ

we fight most of his battles for him ... hes legit senile