Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

sooner or later the game will be so dependent on shooting outside that jordans range will be mocked the same as how we currently mock bob cousy's handles

future generations will say "how can jordan be the goat when he could win in his era without having a 3 point shot unless it was moved in for him"

even he was dumbfounded shrugging his shoulders when he hit 6 of them

theres 2 guys right now nearly AVERAGING 6 threes made a game

by the year 2029 half the leagues top scorers will be averaging 6 made threes a game

even today people laugh at the thought of MJ being able to compete today. imagine 10 years from now

the cut off for guys being able to transition to todays game is probably kobe/tmac's generation

jordans shooting form from three was pretty damn ugly. out that far his shot turned into a girly pushing motion.. no flick of the wrist or fingers.. looks like a knuckle ball release tbh

no wonder he has the all time worst 3 point contest score

the only reason he has a 32% career percentage is because it was boosted by the years he played with a shortened line and he shot them sparingly/protected himself by shooting them wide open 99.9% of the time

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

The only reason people will remember Kobe is for that night in Colorado

Banned

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    The only reason people will remember Kobe is for that night in Colorado

you mean the night he flew back from colorado at half time and hit the game winner against denver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX7C4RWhdgo

I disagree..

It's been quite a while since we've seen a transcendent superstar All-around player.. the last superstar is arguably Kawhi and he's not even marketable to the masses. KD not marketable.. LeBron no longer marketable, yet the fanboy media will pretend that he is despite being on the most popular team on earth. Jordan is in an airspace that nobody can touch and the nostalgia will be there due to the Youtube age with fake memories instilled in to the young minds. 6/6 will never be touched and his reputation cannot be blemished (well.. its unlikely).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

When Jordan is buried his legacy will only grow. They will have compilation after compilation of tribute videos plastered all over, the young generation will see and believe. Jordan will always be the GOAT. Forever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    I disagree..

It's been quite a while since we've seen a transcendent superstar All-around player.. the last superstar is arguably Kawhi and he's not even marketable to the masses. KD not marketable.. LeBron no longer marketable, yet the fanboy media will pretend that he is despite being on the most popular team on earth. Jordan is in an airspace that nobody can touch and the nostalgia will be there due to the Youtube age with fake memories instilled in to the young minds. 6/6 will never be touched and his reputation cannot be blemished (well.. its unlikely).

the media writes the narrative and they all piss on 6/6... its over played by skip and people are annoyed by it

truthfully i think kareems the goat. he always was for me and i've only been saying MJ out of respect. kareem dominated all levels of basketball more than anyone and for as long as anyone could dominate them for. winning finals MVP 14 years apart is something that will never happen again. would be like lebron winning finals mvp in 2024 at age 39/40

i no longer have respect for MJ because MJ fans have no respect for Kobe

3ball's dumbass actually said 35 year old MJ is better than peak kobe

the dudes off his meds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    When Jordan is buried his legacy will only grow. They will have compilation after compilation of tribute videos plastered all over, the young generation will see and believe. Jordan will always be the GOAT. Forever.

the only way dying boosts legacies is if you die young

nobody even blinks when some 90 year old dude piss's and shits himself in a nursing home on his death bed

by then everyones forgotten and you're a nobody to most calling the game/watching it/discussing it

if bill russell died tomorrow his all time status isn't getting a boost

you don't get that lennon/cobain/jesus boost unless you die at or before age 40

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    the media writes the narrative and they all piss on 6/6... its over played by skip and people are annoyed by it

truthfully i think kareems the goat. he always was for me and i've only been saying MJ out of respect. kareem dominated all levels of basketball more than anyone and for as long as anyone could dominate them for. winning finals MVP 14 years apart is something that will never happen again. would be like lebron winning finals mvp in 2024 at age 39/40

i no longer have respect for MJ because MJ fans have no respect for Kobe

3ball's dumbass actually said 35 year old MJ is better than peak kobe

the dudes off his meds

Kobe will never get the credit he deserves, we know this. But there's a reason why MJ himself respects Kobe moreso than LeBron.. LeBron's game when you combine the travels, ball monopolization, bulldozing tactics, flopping, and usage of the fanboy media for his own self-aggrandizement is really off-putting to most fans. Historically LeBron will never get respected in the way a flawed player (outside issue) in Kobe due to his manufactured nature. 3ball is 3ball.. that's his guy and he'll defend it all cost and you can't blame him.

Just like you'll probably defend Kobe and players you like. This is a non-issue .

Banned

i like jordan. i think hes top 3 with kareem and russell

i just don't respect his fans. they've always given kobe backhanded compliments...

i'm done

from now on its every all time great for themselves

no kareem fan has ever spit on another guys legacy because

a) there are no kareem fans around anymore

and

b) if there were i doubt they would be insecure enough to feel the need to

3ball has the same problem lebron himself has. he doesn't know when to shut up..even skip goes too far with his jordan defending...sometimes its better to not say anything when you're arguable GOAT

for kobe fans we need to talk up our guy because hes so vastly underrated/under appreciated by the mainstream media... if kobe got the respect he deserves i probably wouldn't even be posting on ISH... 3 ball sticking around here and putting his foot in his mouth is only hurting MJ's legacy

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    sooner or later the game will be so dependent on shooting outside that jordans range will be mocked the same as how we currently mock bob cousy's handles

future generations will say "how can jordan be the goat when he could win in his era without having a 3 point shot unless it was moved in for him"

even he was dumbfounded shrugging his shoulders when he hit 6 of them

theres 2 guys right now nearly AVERAGING 6 threes made a game

by the year 2029 half the leagues top scorers will be averaging 6 made threes a game

even today people laugh at the thought of MJ being able to compete today. imagine 10 years from now

the cut off for guys being able to transition to todays game is probably kobe/tmac's generation

jordans shooting form from three was pretty damn ugly. out that far his shot turned into a girly pushing motion.. no flick of the wrist or fingers.. looks like a knuckle ball release tbh

no wonder he has the all time worst 3 point contest score

the only reason he has a 32% career percentage is because it was boosted by the years he played with a shortened line and he shot them sparingly/protected himself by shooting them wide open 99.9% of the time

These are actually pretty fair points.

In the moment we underestimate how much time changes things.

Nothing lasts forever.

100 years from now the vast majority wont take anyone in our top 10s seriously. They might know a couple names, but wont think they can ball. Just like the Cousy gif, people today associate him with that and not this

Jordan will be the skillful above average athletic guy who couldn't shoot

Kobe will be the less athletic guy, who tried to be said athletic guy who could shoot a tad better. Some more skills but both would be useless. They would be looked at like raw athletes who would have to unlearn a lot

Curry will be the manlet who could kinda shoot...But at most he will be looked at like how the casual fan sees Pete Maravich... Started the flash but couldnt compete today

200 years from now? **** I dont even want to know. Wilt probably would be unheard of as by then the game will change so much they will pull some ESPN shit with their "most rebounds since aba merger" bs... But it will be something like "Most points since the 2100 Euroleague/NBA/african Basketball aleague merger". Seasons/playoffs will be structured different. Probably wont even show more than 1 or two highlight plays of our guys if that.

300 years from now everyone will know every detail about them as all info they decide to look at is instantaneously absorbed through the microchips attached to our brains. Where the hive mind insidehoops fam will collectively laugh
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-19-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    100 years from now the vast majority wont take anyone in our top 10s seriously. They might know a couple names, but wont think they can ball. Just like the Cousy gif, people today associate him with that and not this

Jordan will be the skillful above average athletic guy who couldn't shoot

Kobe will be the less athletic guy, who tried to be said athletic guy who could shoot a tad better. Some more skills but both would be useless. They would be looked at like raw athletes who would have to unlearn a lot

Curry will be the manlet who could kinda shoot...But at most he will be looked at like how the casual fan sees Pete Maravich... Started the flash but couldnt compete today

200 years from now? **** I dont even want to know. Wilt probably would be unheard of as by then the game will change so much they will pull some ESPN shit with their "most rebounds since aba merger" bs... But it will be something like "Most points since the 2100 Euroleague/NBA/african Basketball aleague merger". Seasons/playoffs will be structured different. Probably wont even show more than 1 or two highlight plays of our guys if that.

There won't be any basketball played a 100 years from now.

Humanity will either disappear or change into another species with genetic engineering, robotics and some stuff we don't even have today. I doubt sports as we know them now will last another 30 years.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    There won't be any basketball played a 100 years from now.

Humanity will either disappear or change into another species with genetic engineering, robotics and some stuff we don't even have today. I doubt sports as we know them now will last another 30 years.

Pretty much. The sport

I bet you someone will dig up graves, clone our guys and make them play. There would be a lot of money in that... But they wont be apart of the pro league, they will be the sideshow where they're raised to play like who they were cloned from

Banned

i think kobe will live on in a pistol pete sorta way

kobes difficult shot making ability and loads of youtube videos displaying them will be mythological

people will say he was a pioneer way ahead of his time

jordans dunks are already pretty tame compared to guys like james white/zach lavine/aaron gordon

his mythology is already kinda dead and the 6 for 6 thing is all we ever really bring up

his mid range 10 foot turn arounds aren't that cool anymore either