Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Melo/Amare/Chandler or LeBron/Wade/Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    I grew up in a state without an NBA team, thus I don't have the close ties to a team that most fans have. Instead, I pledged my allegiance to Carmelo Kiyan Anthony. We've endured the same struggles and fought the good fight, and now it's time to get what we deserve. Some recognition.
    Just saying. That kinda robs yourself. You'd been a Nuggets fan for how long? Than all of a sudden a Knicks fan when they put together a super team? No different than jumping on with the Heat.

What if Melo plays bad? Do you still care if they win a ring while he goes for 18\5\3 on 39% from the floor during the finals? Or is it not as enjoyable if he doesn't get the majority of the credit?.

It'd be a heck of a 66 games for you guy's

I grew up in a state without an NBA team, thus I don't have the close ties to a team that most fans have. Instead, I pledged my allegiance to Carmelo Kiyan Anthony. We've endured the same struggles and fought the good fight, and now it's time to get what we deserve. Some recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Just saying. That kinda robs yourself. You'd been a Nuggets fan for how long? Than all of a sudden a Knicks fan when they put together a super team? No different than jumping on with the Heat.

What if Melo plays bad? Do you still care if they win a ring while he goes for 18\5\3 on 39% from the floor during the finals? Or is it not as enjoyable if he doesn't get the majority of the credit?.

It'd be a heck of a 66 games for you guy's
    I'm still a Nuggets fan. I post on their message board a lot. It's just that I'm more of a Knicks fan now, and no, not because of a "super" team. I'd support Melo anywhere.

Sorry, Melo is not capable of putting up only 18/5/3 given his talent and New York's ideal spacing. And even if he was second fiddle in a championship run, how is that any different from what LeBron is trying to do now? or Kobe riding Shaq's back?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I'm still a Nuggets fan. I post on their message board a lot. It's just that I'm more of a Knicks fan now, and no, not because of a "super" team. I'd support Melo anywhere.

Sorry, Melo is not capable of putting up only 18/5/3 given his talent and New York's ideal spacing. And even if he was second fiddle in a championship run, how is that any different from what LeBron is trying to do now? or Kobe riding Shaq's back?
    I never said it was any different, or even a bad thing. Just simply asked would that change things for you? Knicks winning the championship with Melo playing 2nd fiddle having a bad finals? Would it still be the same for you?

To each his own I suppose. Just was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I never said it was any different, or even a bad thing. Just simply asked would that change things for you? Knicks winning the championship with Melo playing 2nd fiddle having a bad finals? Would it still be the same for you?

To each his own I suppose. Just was curious.
    It wouldn't be exactly the same. Of course I'd want him to play well in the Finals. But winning it with him playing badly and Amare beasting is fine by me. Only 18 ppg would show that Melo was deferring to the bigger match-up problem in Amare.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Why exactly do you deserve recognition? And how do you get it by melo winning? Not hating just confused.

better chances of winning a championship?

I'll take the team with ideal spacing, a rebounding presence and a shotblocker.

If all it takes is Dirk/Chandler to win a ring, let's crown Melo now.
    I'll take the team that was 2 wins away from winning a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Why exactly do you deserve recognition? And how do you get it by melo winning? Not hating just confused.
    For the years of abuse I've received being a Melo fan. Do you understand how it feels to want to celebrate your player's current accomplishments when the NBA community reacts by shoving his past failures down your throat?

The "Stop Snitching Era" was brutal and Melo made it worse with the brawl that he escalated. Do you know how long it took him to lose that thug characterization?

Then, prior to '09, haters would rail me with his playoff failures, ignoring the part of him playing the best teams in the NBA each year in the first round without EVER having homecourt advantage.

And then seeing younger players get drafted and flourish above Carmelo when Melo still has untapped potential?

I could keep going, but I'll stop here.

For the years of abuse I've received being a Melo fan. Do you understand how it feels to want to celebrate your player's current accomplishments when the NBA community reacts by shoving his past failures down your throat?
    Who cares what they say? Im a beasley fan and he constantly gets bashed. So what? Just appreciate the player while theyre there no matter what happens. Cause once theyre gone, shit youll miss em. Most the people here act as if kobe/other player winning is an accomplishment to themselves and always talk crap to players with less sucess. Theyre idiots man.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Who cares what they say? Im a beasley fan and he constantly gets bashed. So what? Just appreciate the player while theyre there no matter what happens. Cause once theyre gone, shit youll miss em. Most the people here act as if kobe/other player winning is an accomplishment to themselves and always talk crap to players with less sucess. Theyre idiots man.
    would rep but I've given out too much the last 24 hours

You're right, and Beasley and Melo are similar in ways. Hopefully Beas will emerge as the all-star he was destined to be out of college.

I just hope beasley can accomplish what melo has in his time in the league. But even as a Heat fan I wish melo and the knicks good luck. Even with the Rivalry between the team the knick fans have been loyal as hell. And melo now has a great teammate and potential for more supporting players and sucess to come. I wanna see the teams go at it. Would be EXCITING.

- Lebron and Wade are the two best players in the league.
    - Miami's 3rd option, Bosh is like 10 times better than Chandler.
    - Miami play the best defense in the league. Knicks don't know what defense is.
    - Miami have already played a whole year together, Knicks have not.

Your kidding right...the Knicks arent even scaring their division leader (Boston), let alone the Miami ****ing Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Your kidding right...the Knicks arent even scaring their division leader (Boston), let alone the Miami ****ing Heat.
    Well with boston aging and mr. 16% possibly being your starting center. In Kg's words anything is possible. I wouldnt be surprised if they have a better regular season record than boston. And will definitely play you better in the playoffs. Its a shorter season giving the players less rest. Therefore not good for boston.

better chances of winning a championship?

I'll take the team with ideal spacing, a rebounding presence and a shotblocker.

If all it takes is Dirk/Chandler to win a ring, let's crown Melo now.

the **** you smoking bro