Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: How are you finding the quality of the board since the changes have come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    How do you report trolling?

Or we just don't
    The red icon at the bottom of somebody's post.

Default Re: How are you finding the quality of the board since the changes have come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

What relevance has this got to do with this thread?

Comon man, this conversation ended hours ago.

Stick to being that "sleuth"

Banned

Let's see how things go once the season starts.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

When I first heard that the mods would be getting banning powers I was really excited but tbh it hasn't changed much.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    When I first heard that the mods would be getting banning powers I was really excited but tbh it hasn't changed much.
    In what way hasn't it changed Do you think?

It's been better.

I think there is a good balance right now between some light trolling for kicks and more legit threads.

Sunshine State

The same retards are still here so once the season kicks off it's going to get messy.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    In what way hasn't it changed Do you think?
    Some posters still getting away with their thinly-veiled agenda threads.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    What relevance has this got to do with this thread?

Comon man, this conversation ended hours ago.

Stick to being that "sleuth"
    Only thing that mattered is that it had relevance to your post.. which already derailed this thread.

--Mods please, what's poido still doing here?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

F*cking love how mad LeBron stans get because of poido. Dude is a legend in my book. He's got all you clowns on strings.

Banned

Mods need to keep their ban power

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Didn't notice to be honest

Think about what this board was 12 years ago. Does anyone remember?

My first experiences of this board were not even basketball-related. I liked the discussion itself. It could have been about hockey for all I cared. The personalities who frequented this place.. the depth of insight from the guys with the highest post-counts.

Now those guys are almost all long-gone because the board's decline has made it a waste of time. I still come around every now and then hoping for a glimmer of insight somewhere. But you have to wade through 90% crap people post from their phones to find it.

There is no reason this place shouldn't at least be better than reddit/nba.

I applaud every effort to improve the discourse here.

self-proclaimed Mamba

If I may offer a humble suggestion...

I think that ISH should consider lowering its strict registration requirements. I understand that this is "a mecca for intelligent basketball discussion" and as such has an elite membership, but we should open our doors to at least a few more denizens of the basketball community.

I recommended this site to a mate of mine, and he was quite enthusiastic after reading the "welcome" message:

since it indicated this would only take "a minute or two of [his] time!" He even made a careful note to be sure to IMMEDIATELY email editor2@insidehoops.com upon registration (he is an IT person for our geocities community here in Mozambique so he is familiar with this type of sophisticated technical setup). However, when he went to register, he was met with the following:

Although he was disappointed, he knew it would be "worth the wait" so he blocked off his entire Sunday evening to ensure that he could meet the registration deadline. What is a few days wait for YEARS of fun?

But then, when the time came around, the registration was not open! So, sadly, Dumasai is instead a member of the inferior "RealGM" board. This is a shame, because he would have a lot to offer here.

I know the ownership here is very busy upgrading the servers and staying on top of the latest technical developments, but perhaps they could appoint someone to assist with the registration approval during the Sunday window. I can recommend my friend if need be, since, as noted, he is very familiar with the latest IT infrastructure-- not just Geocities but also Angelfire, Lycos search engine, and Netscape compatibility.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Decent college freshman

Place is still a cesspool with stupid mofos