Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #16
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

Default Re: How are you finding the quality of the board since the changes have come into play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep-itreal
Just because you think something is trolling/shit doesn't mean everyone does.

You just want the forum to be everything that you like, every you want to see/read.

You want the mods to delete everything you don't like, ****ing diva

You know what, you are absolutely correct. I hated sifting through all the Kobe vs LeBJ threads to finally get to a thread I liked, then have it turn into a Kobe vs LeBJ thread. You are abso****inglutely correct.

Could not agree with you more.

ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #17
WTFdidNBAbigsGO
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: How are you finding the quality of the board since the changes have come into play?

I made this account hoping to have proper basketball discussions with people. But 80% of the users just troll or make personal attacks 2 try and be funny. I never think this site will be used for proper basketball discussions, unfortunately. That is the reason I have like 30 posts or something
WTFdidNBAbigsGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
JT123
big time kobe stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I just don't understand why Budadiiii and russ is banned. Can any mods/admins explain this to me, please? Thoroughly too, I just did a few coke rips.
Because they are trolls, and unfunny ones at that. Besides, we both know they have tons of alts anyway.
JT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #19
Fudge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT123
Because they are trolls, and unfunny ones at that. Besides, we both know they have tons of alts anyway.
You're an even worse troll though, bro.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #20
uber
#Polish Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFdidNBAbigsGO
I made this account hoping to have proper basketball discussions with people. But 80% of the users just troll or make personal attacks 2 try and be funny. I never think this site will be used for proper basketball discussions, unfortunately. That is the reason I have like 30 posts or something

well that's ISH .. everybody finds out sooner or later
uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #21
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star

Its like breathing clean air. The product is much better. It feels like it is, what I came here for. I googled basketball message board and it is what it says it is now. Once respect is part of the recipe everything raises up some. It was becoming a bastion for haters but you guys did your work quickly and changed it quicker than I ever thought you could.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
pauk
NBA Legend

Better, absolutely.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Remove All Net from the mod list. I can see this guy on a massive power trip eventually. He's got all the signs of a future tyrant and is already falling in love with "policing" the board.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #24
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Remove All Net from the mod list. I can see this guy on a massive power trip eventually. He's got all the signs of a future tyrant. He's already falling in love with "policing" the board.

wtf lmfao
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #25
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
How are you finding the quality of the board since the changes have come into play?

Since all mods have been given banning power how are your feelings on the standard of the board in terms of basketball discussion? Are you happy with the improvements made where trolls will get banned if they continue to act up and create agenda based trolls that just end with back and forth insults?

Do you see this board being able to have purely good basketball discussions as the season goes on?

As the season goes on the amount of trolls threads that are made post game if certain teams lose or if certain players have terrible games will be there and hopefully dealt with.

A bit better but same old...

They need to make an ISH All Stars subforum and invite only good posters. I hope they do this even if I wasn't invited :*(

That's the next step.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #26
All Net

Quote:
Remove All Net from the mod list. I can see this guy on a massive power trip eventually. He's got all the signs of a future tyrant and is already falling in love with "policing" the board.
All I want to do is take out all the bad garbage. I want this place to have only good basketball discussion with no trolling.

I wouldn't need to ban Anybody if they stick to just talking basketball. The last thing I want to do is ban Anybody. That's the last thing I want to do but if it's needed to clean the place up that's what we will do.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #27
moe94
Banned

I haven't noticed a change
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #28
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
I haven't noticed a change

yeah kinda this though. That's why I said before the signal to noise ratio was 1:10, now it's slightly better at 1:8

I honestly wouldn't mind if the mods got a little loose with the banhammer for a little bit.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #29
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

It has been much better recently. Doesn't mean we can't have any funny threads or troll threads. Honestly there have been a lot of good funny threads recently
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #30
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Quote:

This was totally uncalled for.

Is it really all nets banning activity that's bothering YOU? Or is it certain posters that have been banned you didn't agree with...

This place has becoming more bearable, mods have done their job imo.

Last edited by poido123 : 09-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: