Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yup he did...check post #132 in this topic. Here is the full post...

Then he compares Durant who never lifted a weight in HS (as reported by Da KO King) to NFL prospect at the NFL combine???? Are you kidding me?

I didn't realize Da KO King went to HS with Kevin Durant

Banned

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

I still don't understand why people turned this into a debate on whether you can lift 185 lbs.

It doesn't matter because all you have to do is look at Durant to know he's weak.

I usually hit open layups

WTF? What is JtotheIzzo smoking? I was a proffesional body builder for 10 years before I got into the marketing bizz and no way can you bench 185 for the first time unless you're a freak of nature. Also, you would get hurt since your body wouldn't be accustomed to supporting that much weight. You compare bodybuilding to shooting jumpers? If I could, I'd spit in your face.

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by Excentric
    WTF? What is JtotheIzzo smoking? I was a proffesional body builder for 10 years before I got into the marketing bizz and no way can you bench 185 for the first time unless you're a freak of nature. Also, you would get hurt since your body wouldn't be accustomed to supporting that much weight. You compare bodybuilding to shooting jumpers? If I could, I'd spit in your face.

NBA Superstar

OK Mr Ten Year BodyBuilder, how about this:

Was it Durant's first time EVER lifting a weight?

Highly doubt it, infact I guarantee it wasn't.

How long would it take a athletic 6'11" 215 lbs guy, who has been around sports his whole life to get his max bench up to 185?

Not very freaking long.

That is the surprise, that Durant hasn't.

All you falkin ass clowns who think this is the first time Durant has EVER lifted a weight are being silly.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    OK Mr Ten Year BodyBuilder, how about this:

Was it Durant's first time EVER lifting a weight?

Highly doubt it, infact I guarantee it wasn't.

How long would it take a athletic 6'11" 215 lbs guy, who has been around sports his whole life to get his max bench up to 185?

Not very freaking long.

That is the surprise, that Durant hasn't.

All you falkin ass clowns who think this is the first time Durant has EVER lifted a weight are being silly.
    Why would you highly doubt it? He was strong for his age so he probably thought he didn't need to lift before entering the draft. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why you're still posting worthless crap.

NBA Superstar

Why would you highly doubt it? He was strong for his age so he probably thought he didn't need to lift before entering the draft. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why you're still posting worthless crap.

because he is thin for the next level

because he went to a Div One school and they train weights for basketball. All teams do weight training it is part of the conditioning routine

because he is worth tens of millions and if he doesn't take care of his body, the money becomes much less

what makes you think he never lifted before? That defies all logic.

besides that you never answered my question, because you know, that athletically inclined, big people would get their MAX BENCH to 185 in no time.

Maybe he never lifted before (highly unlikely), its still shocking.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Jintotheizzo got killed in this thread

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Jintotheizzo got killed in this thread

wow, coming from a known retard like yourself, the opposite is probably true

so that was the first time Kevin Durant EVER lifted a weight?

Is that what you're saying?
    Until he got to Texas he never lifted a weight. And I dount count BS'ing around in his friends basement while breaking wind then hoping on the joeystick to play video games lifting weights.

Something tells me that might not be the case.
    Da Ko King posted info about weight training and the HS Durant attended. You choose not to buy it...I choose too. At my HS weight lifting wasnt a top priority...the players on the team made the call if they wanted to pursue that and how extensive/far they wanted to go with it.

This is basketball not football.

I love how ten hours later, GOBB is still here in the same thread going at this impressing teenagers all over the net...classic.
    I didnt bump this topic...others did. Even later on. But feel free to do your classic "GOBB = Heliege....he has to be". Because your success rate at "exposing" posters aliases is about the same as Durants success rate benching 185. Zero.

Pretty insane to think that the likely #2 pick in the draft (that is what I meant by world class Telephone, since the draft is global and he is #2 out of everyone) NEVER touched a barbell before the Orlando camp...hmm...
    Of course he did at Texas. He got there in August. August to March which was the end of Texas bball season is 8 months. If you wanna go August until the day he sat on the bench that'll make it what roughly 10 months. During those 10 months who knows what workout regime Durant was under when it came to lifting weights. He added on weight from the time he graduated HS to now. Who knows what weight he started out with benching. t could have been 135....it could have been LESS! He has to get down the technique, breathing first. He has to strengthen his core muscles in order to help aide him bench pressing. Then we gotta figure out how often he lifted weights. Some lift 4 days a week for 1.5-2hrs while changing thier diet increasing protein intake, eating large meals or meals throughout the day WHILE even taking SUPPLEMENTS to help give them a boost in the gym. Thats what gym rats do...people who love lifting/working out and are disciplined in it.

We got people who lift here...I'm sure they can tell you it takes time, effort, dedication and discipline when lifting weights. Why would Durant go psycho lifting weights and injure himself, his muscles when he needs to be healthy for the season to play BASKETBALL. Durant can lift wrong by putting on more weight then he can handle just to prove JtotheIzzo he aint weak and guess what? His back is now injured because of it. Yet he has a game vs Texas A & M tonight at 9:30 on espn. Come on bruh, use the common sense GOD gave you and think things out rationally, logically.

A lot of posters above mentioned that after a short amount of time working out 185 is easy, and it is especially for someone as big as Durant (215lbs)..but oh yeah, Durant never worked out before, that was his first time, college coaches dont do any conditioning, especially at Texas, and I should not be surprised that the 2nd pick inthe draft (a 6'11" 215lbs) forward is by far the weakest player.

Give me the time frame for which Durant should have been able to lift 185. There are so many factors, variables you leave out, dont know that makes you look silly. Durant was physically WEAK the day he entered Durant. It was one of his big knocks that he has to get bigger, stronger. He got bigger because he was around 200lbs at best graduating HS. So Durant strength was behind the 8 ball. You're not gonna easily get to 185 no time soon. I dont care what no poster here says because they were probably stronger than Durant when they started out lifting.

Durant increased his weight during the college season. He wasnt 215 when he entered Texas. He added on weight.

National High School Star

JtotheIzzo going to a club, next in line outside to get in

Bouncer" name please"
    JtotheIzzo"JtotheIzzo "
    Bouncer" not on the list"
    JtotheIzzo" But you ain't even lookin at it!"
    Bouncer" But i'm looking at you biitch!"

Point is you've got atleast 10 people calling you out and you're running in place.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Until he got to Texas he never lifted a weight. And I dount count BS'ing around in his friends basement while breaking wind then hoping on the joeystick to play video games lifting weights.

Da Ko King posted info about weight training and the HS Durant attended. You choose not to buy it...I choose too. At my HS weight lifting wasnt a top priority...the players on the team made the call if they wanted to pursue that and how extensive/far they wanted to go with it.

This is basketball not football.

I didnt bump this topic...others did. Even later on. But feel free to do your classic "GOBB = Heliege....he has to be". Because your success rate at "exposing" posters aliases is about the same as Durants success rate benching 185. Zero.

Of course he did at Texas. He got there in August. August to March which was the end of Texas bball season is 8 months. If you wanna go August until the day he sat on the bench that'll make it what roughly 10 months. During those 10 months who knows what workout regime Durant was under when it came to lifting weights. He added on weight from the time he graduated HS to now. Who knows what weight he started out with benching. t could have been 135....it could have been LESS! He has to get down the technique, breathing first. He has to strengthen his core muscles in order to help aide him bench pressing. Then we gotta figure out how often he lifted weights. Some lift 4 days a week for 1.5-2hrs while changing thier diet increasing protein intake, eating large meals or meals throughout the day WHILE even taking SUPPLEMENTS to help give them a boost in the gym. Thats what gym rats do...people who love lifting/working out and are disciplined in it.

We got people who lift here...I'm sure they can tell you it takes time, effort, dedication and discipline when lifting weights. Why would Durant go psycho lifting weights and injure himself, his muscles when he needs to be healthy for the season to play BASKETBALL. Durant can lift wrong by putting on more weight then he can handle just to prove JtotheIzzo he aint weak and guess what? His back is now injured because of it. Yet he has a game vs Texas A & M tonight at 9:30 on espn. Come on bruh, use the common sense GOD gave you and think things out rationally, logically.

Give me the time frame for which Durant should have been able to lift 185. There are so many factors, variables you leave out, dont know that makes you look silly. Durant was physically WEAK the day he entered Durant. It was one of his big knocks that he has to get bigger, stronger. He got bigger because he was around 200lbs at best graduating HS. So Durant strength was behind the 8 ball. You're not gonna easily get to 185 no time soon. I dont care what no poster here says because they were probably stronger than Durant when they started out lifting.

I agree with most of that, my surprise stems mainly from the fact that a guy at that level cant do it.

I dont think it is a big deal, I am just surprised. I've never seen it outside of Shaun Livingston (who we all know is a toothpick).

btw I dont think you Heilige

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    JtotheIzzo going to a club, next in line outside to get in

Bouncer" name please"
    JtotheIzzo"JtotheIzzo "
    Bouncer" not on the list"
    JtotheIzzo" But you ain't even lookin at it!"
    Bouncer" But i'm looking at you biitch!"

Point is you've got atleast 10 people calling you out and you're running in place.

I rule the local playground RobertSwift31's Avatar

You keep saying how he is a 6'11 athlete, and you never mention the 7'5 wingspan, which makes lifting more difficult.