Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Cuban on DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    And most of those were dunks/layups bird-fed by one of the greatest PG's of his generation.

I'm not sure HOW he makes Dallas better other than defensively.
    Did you happen to ever watch Devin Harris and Brandan Wright play together?

If Wright had stayed with us....he'd be making 12 million a year right now.

DJ is like Wright on every performance enhancement drug in the world...and a much better defender of course.

If we got a guy like Lin at pg.....and with Parsons playing point forward....our offense is going to be insanely good.

The issues with this team will be depth and defense....not offense if they are healthy.

Remember how the Mavs roasted teams early last season? That is what this team is going to do if Wes is capable of playing at or near his previous level (big if of course)...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Cuban just admitted on The Ticket (best sports radio station in the world by far...for those that don't know) that we would have tanked if we didn't get DJ.

Also said he told DJ that he is capable of being a 20/20 guy...

Good for the Mavs as they needed a center. As for the contract? Fvck it. The cap is jumping.

DJ is a dumbass if this is what really sold him though. 20 points for a guy who has no offensive game? 20 rebounds? I mean I guess he wants no help on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Ben Wallace
    DeAndre Jordan is nowhere near that level defensively. He's not even one of the top 5 rim protectors in the league, his defense gets so overrated.

That being said I think this was a great pickup for Dallas. Keeps them relevant for the near future. And maybe he will be inspired to play better defense if he gets more looks on offense.
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 07-03-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Did you happen to ever watch Devin Harris and Brandan Wright play together?

If Wright had stayed with us....he'd be making 12 million a year right now.

DJ is like Wright on every performance enhancement drug in the world...and a much better defender of course.

If we got a guy like Lin at pg.....and with Parsons playing point forward....our offense is going to be insanely good.

The issues with this team will be depth and defense....not offense if they are healthy.

Remember how the Mavs roasted teams early last season? That is what this team is going to do if Wes is capable of playing at or near his previous level (big if of course)...
    Man I just cannot help but imagine what your team could have done had they been smarter with that 15M that was used on Parsons.

Then again, maybe DJ doesn't come to the Mavs if Parsons doesn't help recruit him.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    DeAndre Jordan is nowhere near that level defensively. He's not even one of the top 5 rim protectors in the league, his defense gets so overrated.

That being said I think this was a great pickup for Dallas. Keeps them relevant for the near future. And maybe he will be inspired to play better defense if he gets more looks on offense.
    This. Nikkas dont wanna admit it but CP3 was the Clips best offensive AND defensive player last season. Deandre isnt even top 15 defender in this league

Cubans obviously saying what he wants to hear. No way someone as smart as Cuban thinks Deandre is a franchise player

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    This. Nikkas dont wanna admit it but CP3 was the Clips best offensive AND defensive player last season. Deandre isnt even top 15 defender in this league

Cubans obviously saying what he wants to hear. No way someone as smart as Cuban thinks Deandre is a franchise player
    Of course he ain't a top 15 defender. Not even top 20.

But at the same time, he is a presence on that end of the floor that offenses have to gameplan against. And just being a presence can land you like 10-15M a year (see Larry Sanders, Javale McGee, etc.), so I think this was a good value for the Mavericks, especially considering his fit next to Dirk and how they can stay relevant for the future and go after another star once Dirk retires.