Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2487

Default Re: Lakers/NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Lin is not a starter in the NBA. I've said it for years. It wasn't a bad trade for the Lakers since they'll have cap space and got picks but I don't expect anything from him. He was way over hyped in NY for a couple weeks. Everybody expects him to be a solid NBA starter because of it. He just isn't.
    I like Lin's ability to attack the basket but other than that, he really lacks how it is to be a great PG, from court vision, reading the defense, making an accurate entry pass etc. I can't believe Steve Nash who is getting paid like 9 mil this year would not offer to tutor him.

NBA lottery pick

He was never a great starter. He's a guy who had a hot streak of games on a team that had absolutely nobody on it who could score in 'antoni's offense.

He was never a great starter. He's a guy who had a hot streak of games on a team that had absolutely nobody on it who could score in 'antoni's offense.
    That streak was pretty incredible man. He played very well and got the Knicks into the playoffs. He was in a system that benefited him but to act as if that was the only reason is ridiculous. He has game, unfortunately he has not been able to adapt to systems that are not the best fit for him

NBA lottery pick

To think he has that much game is just incorrect. It was a hot streak. Nothing more. I've said it from the beginning when it all happened. He's just mediocre. It was not Lin that got the Knicks to the playoffs.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Lets go get us some Rondo

Home of the 16

NBA lottery pick

I guess it's a good thing to know that Jim is going to have to step down in the future.

NBA lottery pick

I don't see how the Lakers could offer a first rounder so it probably isn't going to happen. The Dallas offer looks the best for them right now.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i'd rather we sign him once he becomes a free agent if ever

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Starting with Swag

I think it is time for Nick Young to be inserted into the starting lineup along with Price,Bryant,Davis, and Hill. Wes is just not giving us enough, and Kobe needs another scorer out there when he is getting double teamed at the start of games.

If we put Young in we wont always be playing catchup. We can jump out to some early leads and establish control of games from tip-off.

I don't see how the Lakers could offer a first rounder so it probably isn't going to happen. The Dallas offer looks the best for them right now.
    How do you like Dallas' formula of not tanking=sucking and instead collecting pieces vs the idea of simply losing right now?

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Piston waive Josh Smith

We have been interested in his defense for a while. Definitely would improve our frontcourt. Seems like a golden opportunity. What he have right now is good, but clearly not good enough. We gotta take a chance and hope he is that critical piece to help us turn our season around.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ive-josh-smith

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    How do you like Dallas' formula of not tanking=sucking and instead collecting pieces vs the idea of simply losing right now?
    Dallas had a superstar sign a contract that allowed the team to go after other players. The Lakers don't have that luxury.

Dallas had a superstar sign a contract that allowed the team to go after other players. The Lakers don't have that luxury.
    I believe Lakers have about 22 Million left to spend, after Kobe and Nash's (plus scrub contracts like Sacre) and chose not to go after "pieces". After "inquiries" about Lebron and Carmelo's camp, we didn't hear them offer any contracts to the midtier free agents. If I recall, you even said, Dallas was in the worst situation than the Lakers bec they were on the hook with those contracts while the Lakers will have all the cap room next summer.
    Im not saying that Dallas is now the heavy favorites, but I have stated before that those pieces they collected can also be flipped or traded for better players bec those contracts were not expensive ones....