Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Does anyone still believe Curry deserves this years MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    I would argue that would depend on the team philosophy as well. Teams like the Cavs build around their stars in LeBron and Durant. They surround their stars with role players that work well without the ball and not take possession away from their stars. Teams like Warriors and Spurs are built around an offensive system that reward movement, so their role players have to be able to handle the ball and shoot. The system doesn't revolve around the same 2 players initiating the offense every time. That's why teams like the former tend to look much worse without their stars.
    That's a fair point.

steph arguably still has more value technically. Say you think the Cavs would drop to a .500 team, that's a 16 win drop off. Even if you think the Warriors drop off to only a 55 win team which is really good, that's an 18 win dropoff.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    steph arguably still has more value technically. Say you think the Cavs would drop to a .500 team, that's a 16 win drop off. Even if you think the Warriors drop off to only a 55 win team which is really good, that's an 18 win dropoff.
    The point I was making, the Warriors without Steph are still verging on being elite. IMO, a Curry-less team would only be beaten by the Cavs, Spurs, and Thunder in a series. I think they beat any other team in a playoff series. Remove Lebron off the Cavs, with how that team is designed, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. That's dropping from elite to mediocre.

No should have been Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    The point I was making, the Warriors without Steph are still verging on being elite. IMO, a Curry-less team would only be beaten by the Cavs, Spurs, and Thunder in a series. I think they beat any other team in a playoff series. Remove Lebron off the Cavs, with how that team is designed, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. That's dropping from elite to mediocre.
    good point. Seeding wise Lebron means much more. The Warriors if they got 55 wins would be a top 3 seed still. It's just I think part of that is getting 73 wins, that's such an outlier.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode
    After that beat down by Lebron in Game 6... Really?

Lebron has shown he's at a level beyond Curry. Two Tiers above him to be exact.
    OP once in a while we need a NASH year

NBA sixth man of the year

lol, hilarious....

If the Warriors win which is still by far the more likely outcome, Curry gets the FMVP because even with his struggles he's still been the best Warriors player. If Green or Thompson have a legendary performances then I could see them getting it but Curry getting it is likely at this point. And you can't say he doesn't deserve it because every year the best player on a winning team gets it. It would only be consistent.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Is this serious?

It's a regular season award...and there has almost never been more clear cut MVP in history.

There is a difference between MVP and best player.

Rose deserved MVP...clearly...yet nobody (at least smart basketball people) thought he was the best player.

Curry not only deserved MVP, but had and does have a great case for best player. A few games in the finals coming off an injury in the playoffs doesn't change that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8
    If the Warriors win which is still by far the more likely outcome, Curry gets the FMVP because even with his struggles he's still been the best Warriors player. If Green or Thompson have a legendary performances then I could see them getting it but Curry getting it is likely at this point. And you can't say he doesn't deserve it because every year the best player on a winning team gets it. It would only be consistent.
    Unless Lebron has a terrible game...He's going to win the MVP.