Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Howard has a bad back and their starting five is like 200 years old. The Lakers won

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Not to mention Pippen is better than Dwight... Even if you say Dwight is an all time great defender (which he is), Pippen is at minimum top 5, and I don't see Dwight that far up there considering the "competition" he has faced at the "center" position in his career.
    Dwight Howard is a better defender than Pippen or Jordan ever were, and it's not all that close. To say otherwise, would be to downplay just how much more valuable a defensive center is than a defensive guard.

sadly, in order for the Lakers to do that, they need to get rid of Artest garbage ass

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Not to mention Pippen is better than Dwight... Even if you say Dwight is an all time great defender (which he is), Pippen is at minimum top 5, and I don't see Dwight that far up there considering the "competition" he has faced at the "center" position in his career.
    I hope you mean top 5 perimeter defender ever because if you combine perimeter defenders and frontcourt defenders Pippen isn't top 5 all-time.

They have the talent to do so if they get hot out the gates and stay focused.

Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Quality trampoline.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Quality trampoline.

Quality athlete.

I wonder what other idiot said something prematurely before playing "even one game"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Jordan never played with anyone as dominant as Dwight so it should be possible.

Pippen is a better player and had a bigger effect on games than Dwight.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Didn't he also make big guarantees the last two years when the Lakers were out early in the playoffs? Not going to happen. What people don't seem to value around here is chemistry and experience as a UNIT. The Bulls had multiple years together as a core and had won titles BEFORE the 72 win season.

The Lakers have a newly constructed roster in comparison with two of their top four being new to the team. 60-65 wins would be a great achievement considering this is their first year together, and that's far more realistic of an expectation.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Pippen > Howard, Nash, Gasol, MWP
    fixed

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Pippen > Gasol, Howard, Kobe, MWP
    FTFY
    The only current Laker greater than Pippen is Nash.

I'm just trying to figure out why something MWP said warrants this much discussion. Having said that, it's good to go into camp with a big attitude and high goals. More teams and players should have this type of attitude

good luck with that homie