Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How is Kevin Martin the 5th Leading Scorer in the League?

The bigger question is how does someone with a shot as ugly as Martin's manage to score near 25ppg.

NBA Superstar

Better than LeFlop James

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

While I alway's hated the manner he got to the free throw line in, Kmart was as efficent as you get @SG back in his Kings days and he's still at the age of 30 got more than enough athletic ability/skills to maintain it now with the right amount of shots he can still be a top 10 PPG type of guy. Plus no one is game planning for him as much with the Wolves it's about limiting Rubio's pick n roll to Pek/Love and containing love he's got a lot more weapons around him to take pressure off unlike in OKC where he only had two.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    While I alway's hated the manner he got to the free throw line in, Kmart was as efficent as you get @SG back in his Kings days and he's still at the age of 30 got more than enough athletic ability/skills to maintain it now with the right amount of shots he can still be a top 10 PPG type of guy. Plus no one is game planning for him as much with the Wolves it's about limiting Rubio's pick n roll to Pek/Love and containing love he's got a lot more weapons around him to take pressure off unlike in OKC where he only had two.
    He might have only had two weapons in OKC, but Durant and Westbrook are like having a chaingun and a box full of grenades in a nerf gun battle.

Have not watched him enough this year but Martin have always been a great scorer he used to be able to get to the line like Harden, don't know if injuries made him slower and not being able to attack as much. Seems healthy this year and that is basing it on looking at his numbers.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Trading Harden due to cap space reasons and not amnestying Perkins was the biggest mistake in modern era history.
    This, a thousand times over. And I'll continue to say this for as long as a championship evades OKC. Adams is the only person that can rectify this idiocy. Not KD, not Westbrook. Adams.

On the Martin front, he's playing well, in a system where he is the second option offensively, and as a starter at that. While I don't think it would have hurt to re-sign Martin to either a cap-friendly contract or a very short term contract (2 years), I doubt losing him will be determining factor in the Thunder's championship aspirations this year.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Martin just happens to excel in Adelman's corner offense. Once Adelman left Houston Martin's play "dropped" off and he was perceived to have been declining. Looking back now this obviously wasn't true. Martin just needs to be in a very specific offense to be 100% effective.
    There was an earlier post pointing out several key injuries right now and that's a factor for sure.

That said, what you say is true of all players, even the greatest. Mike was crazy great as an individual but he soared in the triangle. same thing with Shaq & Kobe8, or Chamberlain way back when. Triangle is an amazing offense for turning potential into reality... But lots of other examples, Magic & Riles not least, Bad Boy Pistons and so forth. Players are designed each their own individual ways and the coach they have maximizes them..... or not.

We are in a weak era of supetstars. I looked at the league leaders in scoring and like the 3rd place guy is averaging like 24 ppg wtf.

#WeakEraForSuperStars

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    We are in a weak era of supetstars. I looked at the league leaders in scoring and like the 3rd place guy is averaging like 24 ppg wtf.

#WeakEraForSuperStars
    So how's OJ Mayo doing these days? Is he still in the league?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

he was a great scorer in sac