Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: A year later lets look back at the Dwight Howard trade

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Why wouldn't they be? You raped 3 teams in the process
    I mean at the time, the media went after hennigan but I know that myself and the magics sites I visit were happy we didn't take back salary and were going into rebuild. I'm not saying we thought we'd won the trade or pulled off a great move but we were pleased with the deal and were ready for a rebuild rather than taking on a big contract mediocre player that the media thinks is a star but would lead us nowhere.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I mean at the time, the media went after hennigan but I know that myself and the magics sites I visit were happy we didn't take back salary and were going into rebuild. I'm not saying we thought we'd won the trade or pulled off a great move but we were pleased with the deal and were ready for a rebuild rather than taking on a big contract mediocre player that the media thinks is a star but would lead us nowhere.
    exactly correct

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

that's not true at all, on pretty much all of the magic sites I go to we were happy we shed salary and that Hennigan had the guts to go into full rebuild mode. We didn't expect to have Vucevic be this good but we were quite happy with the trade compared to what else was being rumoured. We hoped Harkless would be a good piece for the future and we thought Afflalo would be an average guy to lead the youngsters. It wasn't an exciting trade but most magic fans were quite pleased with it.
    0 people said the magic won that trade, you can say you always thought it was an okay trade but you can't pretend you thought it was a great one

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Magic fans were more relieved that the Dwightmare was over than they were about what players they received that evening.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    0 people said the magic won that trade, you can say you always thought it was an okay trade but you can't pretend you thought it was a great one
    Yes we can, most fans were happy and thought it was a good move for orlando. At no point am I saying we thought we won the trade but we were happy with the result and thought it was a necessary move. It wasn't about the players coming back so much as it was about taking back youth and picks and going into rebuild mode. Hennigan had balls to not take back a mediocre big contract guy who would have us stuck as a first round exit for years which is exactly what Orlando fans wanted to avoid.

Very good NBA starter

Video of Hennigan after the trade

Local High School Star

Magic were just plain lucky that Vucevic turned out as good as he has been. It's just dumb luck that they avoided getting screwed the hardest out of all 3 teams involved in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    The difference is as much as laker fans hate pau gasol right now, and as much as he sucks right now. he put the lakers over the top for 2 championships.

Kobe was more important than Gasol, but without gasol the lakers dont win their last 2 championships.

Dwight did nothing for the lakers.
    The " lakers " fans that hate Gasol are usually Kobe stans. True lakers fans love Gasol. They get annoyed because sometimes he gets soft as andrea bargnani but we acknowledge hes a beast. Hes just been injured for awhile.

Local High School Star

It's better to be crappy a few years and rebuild through the draft than be borderline 7th-10th seed in a conference and get a 12th pick. I hated the deal because not only were we in full tank mode, we didn't get any decent future draft picks. The picks from Philly and LA are protected. The best player we got in the deal was Afflalo. It's incredibly lucky that we got a big man with the potential to be a top 4-5 center.

"no magic fan would put Jameer in their name you fat piece of shit"
    Who did that?