Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Steven A. just flat out called Lin a liar (for not playing at 85%)

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    I don't really remember Lin coming out and saying "hey..they gave me this offer" to anyone. The media maybe reported what the offer was.

New York/Woodson was stupid in showing their hand before the offer sheet had been signed. You can't un-sign an offer sheet so it's not like he signed two of them.

New York basically begged Houston to give him a ridiculous offer by saying they would match "up to a billion dollars", and Houston called their bluff.
    He met with the Knicks mgmt right after he got the offer. The terms were leaked all over to the media. Did you think they didn't know?

anyone on this board would do what lin did

25 million in guaranteed money for 25 games worth of work experience??
    who wouldnt want that...lin will probably urn that (if he busts) money into a billion with his economic skills later.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Yeah, I know he has publicly bashed Lin's hype and playing ability. But I always heard him said good things about Lin as a person.

Now he's going overboard and making a personal attack that's not basketball related. If his true colors haven't already came, it just came out 30 minutes ago. What a piece of a shit of a human being!

Newspapers get sued for slander. People get fired for that shit.
    Newspaper get sued for libel, not slander. Radio personalities get sued for slander.

However, it would be pretty hard to prove and Lin as a public figure would have a high hurdle to clear. Also I'm sure SAS's lawyer who honestly argue that nobody believes what SAS says, so what's the damage

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He met with the Knicks mgmt right after he got the offer. The terms were leaked all over to the media. Did you think they didn't know?
    No one knows what they talked about, but one thing is for sure. You can't sign an offer sheet and then sign another one. Once it's signed, it's delivered to the other team. So he wasn't commited to whatever contract details were "leaked."

If you could do that, every time a team matched an offer, they would just make a new one until someone gave in.

So Lin never signed a contract, and then signed another one. NY "leaked" to the media that they would match "up to a billion dollars" and Coach Woodson said they would match it. Blame NY for showing their hand.

Don't sit and act like New York just couldn't fork over that type of dough after giving Jason Kidd a three year deal, Marcus Camby a three year deal, and Steve Novak a 4 year deal. They will all count against the cap and contribute to the luxary cap hit in that third year.

This was more personal, whether Dolan was mad at him or Carmelo didn't want him stealing glory from his home town. This was not a financial decision. If you want to make it out to be that, then you better blame Melo, Amare, and Chandler for the money they make too.

Melo, Chandler, and Amare are all arguably overpaid.

I rule the local playground

No one knows what they talked about, but one thing is for sure. You can't sign an offer sheet and then sign another one. Once it's signed, it's delivered to the other team. So he wasn't commited to whatever contract details were "leaked."
    Yeah that was only a verbal agreement, he hadn't signed the offer sheet yet then.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    On national TV, ESPN (First Take).

This was what Steven A Smith accused Lin of lying about.

"Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin said. "And I had arguments with them about why I should." Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz215Ro1wr6

Smith doesn't believe the veterans told Lin to not play at 85%.

Has he ever made slanderous remarks about a black player before? This is beyond calling somebody a scrub. Dude is slandering somebody's character. How can you say he doesn't have any racial hostility towards Lin?
    black people like him, Reverend Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson think black people are imperfect people who deserve sympathy for committing crimes.

Meanwhile any1 not black (mostly White people) are the devil.

blax are the new racists.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    anyone on this board would do what lin did

25 million in guaranteed money for 25 games worth of work experience??
    who wouldnt want that...lin will probably urn that (if he busts) money into a billion with his economic skills later.
    I know right? Them asians sure know their maths!

If you could do that, every time a team matched an offer, they would just make a new one until someone gave in.

So Lin never signed a contract, and then signed another one. NY "leaked" to the media that they would match "up to a billion dollars" and Coach Woodson said they would match it. Blame NY for showing their hand.

Don't sit and act like New York just couldn't fork over that type of dough after giving Jason Kidd a three year deal, Marcus Camby a three year deal, and Steve Novak a 4 year deal. They will all count against the cap and contribute to the luxary cap hit in that third year.

This was more personal, whether Dolan was mad at him or Carmelo didn't want him stealing glory from his home town. This was not a financial decision. If you want to make it out to be that, then you better blame Melo, Amare, and Chandler for the money they make too.

Melo, Chandler, and Amare are all arguably overpaid.
    He didn't sign it, he told the Knicks the terms, they said they'd match, he changed the terms. I don't blame him but people want to make him out like he's saint like, he made a money grab. Jeremy Lin, this humble guy who wanted nothing more than to play for NY, forget the money! It's not true.

And Steven A is a douchebag liar, he had Jarrod Rudolph on yesterday who explained to him Dwight would only resign at year end but that was not a problem., and this morning Steven A acted like Dwight was going to extend and changed his mind and bashed him for it. Total douchebag, complete liar.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    And Steven A is a douchebag liar, he had Jarrod Rudolph on yesterday who explained to him Dwight would only resign at year end but that was not a problem., and this morning Steven A acted like Dwight was going to extend and changed his mind and bashed him for it. Total douchebag, complete liar.
    Stephen A wants Dwight in Brooklyn cause he's from NYC and he drinks that Jay-Z Kool-Aid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him twist facts to his advantage. The problem is that no one else on the show is informed enough to tell him he's factually wrong.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Stephen A seems to also love to brag about the amenities he's gotten. "David Stern treats me well whenever he calls me into his office." "I'm up in 40/40 at Jay-Z's table." "My presence is required in New York." "LeBron, Carmelo had me over." "Everytime I'm in LA, Kobe shows me around and the people at Venice Beach love me" or whatever horseshit name dropping/glamour life he wants to propagate.

Basically he's just saying "My opinion is for sale. I have no integrity at all."

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Stephen A wants Dwight in Brooklyn cause he's from NYC and he drinks that Jay-Z Kool-Aid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him twist facts to his advantage. The problem is that no one else on the show is informed enough to tell him he's factually wrong.
    It's terrible. No one on ESPN knows how the CBA works to argue, and he basically dismissed that kid's appearance yesterday as if it did not happen. That was just wrong.