Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Steven A. just flat out called Lin a liar (for not playing at 85%)

Classic SAS, "He's no scrub. No disrespect, but . . ."

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Just a little side story that relates to Lin:

Back in the 02-03 season in the playoffs against SA, Dirk hurts his knee from a collision with Manu. After about a week, Cuban wanted Dirk to play. Nellie refused to play him in that series. Her told EVERYONE that he would not jeopardize Dirk's career over a series.

Looking back at it know Nellie was probably right. The Mavs lost the series but Dirk did not have any more "side effects" from that. Had he played on it during the series, who knows... he might have devloped something chronic with it.

Lin could very well have been in the same boat.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    quiet frankly, i've stopped taking stephen a hole seriously for awhile. whenever he opens his mouth, i just look for words like 'eloquently' 'loquacious' or any other pre-SAT vocabulary he decided to use that day.

this is funny

according to the model minority handbook

work hard and ignore all slights, racism, and discrimination (from Whites)

but react immediately to any slight, racism, or discrimination from Blacks.

jason whitlock gets called out asap..........but "slur in armor" doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Classic SAS, "He's no scrub. No disrespect, but . . ."
    You failed. SAS would say "He's a scrub, no disrespect" which makes people go wait what? No different to first and foremost, second and more importantly. Why wouldnt the most important thing go first SAS? Whatever. Brush up on your SAS.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

I know Stephen A is "close" with other players on the Knicks team, and that makes his analysis worthy, but I think it's the opposite.

He's a Knick fan. He's emotionally invested, so he's not above using opinion over facts. He went on a twitter rant earlier about "IT'S TIME FOR MELO AND AMARE TO STEP UP!"...he's rooting for those guys because they brought him to a bbq once and made him feel special.

nature of big sports teams

don't land certain player

player releases private info

team leaks private info that counters what player said...through anonymous sources to damage credibility of the player

2 examples

TO said he was told he had to sign waiver to play in superbowl.....releasing eagles from liability

Eagles deny story

==================

Young A-rod ....pre yankees.... is wined and dined by the mets

they don't land him

GM, to take pressure and focus off himself for not landing A-rod, leaks that A-rod wanted special treatment, bonus perks, separate facilities,etc

lin's agent has him doing a press conference because ny media goes hard
    and knicks are gladly leaking true ands false stories about lin to make him look bad

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    The only time where it was racial is when that ESPN writer was fired. SAS said he thinks Asian people got offended because they've seen African Americans get upset in the past over similar cases. I thought that was preposterous. I don't get offended based on whether I think Black people would get offended, given the same set of circumstances. That's really racist if you ask me. It's like saying black people want to be successful because they see that white people want to be successful.
    I think I remember what you're talking about, but it didn't across that way to me. I believe SAS said something along the lines that black people are so overly sensitive about racism that its created a society where everyone is. It sounded like more of a knock on his own race then anyone elses.

Anyway, I love watching both him and Skip, and he has said some dumb shit, but he's clearly more unbiased then Skip. Anyone that regularly watches both should easily be able to tell that.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    I know Stephen A is "close" with other players on the Knicks team, and that makes his analysis worthy, but I think it's the opposite.

He's a Knick fan. He's emotionally invested, so he's not above using opinion over facts. He went on a twitter rant earlier about "IT'S TIME FOR MELO AND AMARE TO STEP UP!"...he's rooting for those guys because they brought him to a bbq once and made him feel special.
    He's not a Knick fan. He says he is but he favors pretty much the world over us.

Local High School Star

ESPN reporting Stephen A Smith was rushed to a local hospital to get a soap box removed from his ass

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's not a Knick fan. He says he is but he favors pretty much the world over us.
    He's from NY. Always rooted for NYK. He's hard on the NYK like Hotlanta is his Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He's from NY. Always rooted for NYK. He's hard on the NYK like Hotlanta is his Hawks.
    He's a Knick fan like Lebron 23 is a Cavs fan. Hard on for the stars, follows them first and foremost. Openly roots for Brooklyn to pass them. If you ask Steven A who he is a fan of im sure he says Knicks but i find that hard to believe as it's clear he gets off on them sucking, and openly roots for teams to pass them.

I don't think he has that much of a emotional connection to the knicks like he does with other teams he likes, like Yankees, Jets.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

He is hella hating on Lin because he ain't black. Get over yourself SAS.

SAS is going to talk his way off ESPN for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    He is hella hating on Lin because he ain't black. Get over yourself SAS.
    SAS bashes black players. He does so because they aint white?