Serious playground baller

Default Ibaka showing the world how overrated Blake is

If he cant bully his way into the paint, he's mediocre. Dude has been MIA!

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Ibaka showing the world how overrated Blake is

He struggles against athletic bigs who have speed and strength to match him. James Johnson and Serge Ibaka are two recent examples.

Thing is, Blake generally plays pretty well against OKC. But, if I recall correctly, his numbers on actual post-ups aren't all that good. I mean, yeah, some games he'll score 30+ with quite a few "post-up" buckets, but I think he tends to get a lot more transition/fastbreak points against OKC, mostly because of our style of play.

Of course I fully expect him to have at least one monster game in the series where he goes for something like 34 on 12/18 shooting and abuses Ibaka in the post. Serge is just one of the few bigs with the size, length, AND athleticism to bother Blake.

NBA All-star

Griffin is at his best when he is in motion

cutting to the basket, running baselines, etc.

Ibaka is an athletic beast himself, with wing span that'd truly cause some trouble.

If DeAndre Jordan can't help keep Perkins off the floor, that's the real trouble. Because it means Westbrook has beaten CP3 at controlling the tempo and the game.

But of course, I'm sure Doc is counting on Westbrook having a bad shooting night

The ISH'ers Champion!

None of these weak era clowns stand a chance with the bigs of the 90's nor with the bigs of the early 00's. Simply outmatched by skill, size, physicality - everything.

Blake is no exception - just another weak era mug.

Not to take away from his entertainment factor. I like his game. These younglings just simply don't survive in earlier eras - simple fact of life.

Decent playground baller crawdaddy4ou's Avatar

Imagine Griffin trying to bang against Pat Ewing, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy4ou
    Imagine Griffin trying to bang against Pat Ewing, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason....

And that's just after they looked at him.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

3rd in mvp voting, blake gotta step it up

NBA All-star

if he plays like the series clinchers on game 3 and 5, he would have done his part.

He is an athletic big, not a power big. He has more skills than Kenyon Martin, probably also better vert.
    He can out athletic power bigs, but it would be taking a pounding on his body. This isn't the finals, so he still needs to take care of his body. But go all out on game 3 and 5. This is part of the luxury on having another superstar on your team, who should be able to ease off his load a bit.
    And yes, the road to the finals isn't just a tough path, but an enduring one as well.

Unless you are very confident that when Blake plays at all cylinder and risking the possibility of injury the Clippers would sweep out the Thunders the rest of the series. Which, I don't think anyone could say so.

It's one game?

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    It's one game?
    It has been two games in which he's been shut down tbh, his post moves are all bully ball. Ibaka has the strength to match Blake thus he is getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    It has been two games in which he's been shut down tbh, his post moves are all bully ball. Ibaka has the strength to match Blake thus he is getting shut down.

It's one game. Calm down.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong

It's one game. Calm down.

Ibaka thwarts Griffin
    Serge Ibaka continued his defensive excellence against Blake Griffin, who scored 7 points on 3-of-11 shooting when guarded by Ibaka in Game 2. Ibaka has held Griffin to 6 of 21 shooting and one field goal inside 10 feet this series. Griffin led the league with 6.6 such makes per game during the regular season.

Griffin is 6 for 8 against other defenders in this series.

try again...

like some1 said, blake is best in motion, i dont like his game when posting up etc. clippers need cp3 ball to kill the thunder. and lets not act like 1 day ago it looked like clips were gonna sweep