Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #511
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: Official Super Bowl Game Thread - Baltimore vs. SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Anyone think the power outage was on purpose? Seemed a little to coincidental that one team was getting blown out, and viewers were probably tuning out.

Having a 30-40 mins power outage where absolutely nothing happens was their idea to lure people back? I'd think if they were worried about another blow out, then they'd want to get it over with and not drag it out.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #512
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Having a 30-40 mins power outage where absolutely nothing happens was their idea to lure people back? I'd think if they were worried about another blow out, then they'd want to get it over with and not drag it out.

Well all I can say is it increased my interest, because I knew that a long break like that could shift momentum.... and it did. Honestly, if the 49ers had won that game, it would have been a travesty (and I was going for the 49ers).

Also, consider the millions of dollars in extra commercial revenue that was generated during the delay.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #513
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_City_Thunder
What was the bet? San Francisco was a 4 point favorite

It was a square pool. The Niners needed to finish with a 9 as the last number, and Ravens with a 4. The safety made it 4 and 1. He put $1000 in the pool.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #514
Kujo
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It was same thing, it was fourth down, the falcons had four chances, the call wasn't made, 49ers won, too ****ing bad for falcons. If call is made, 49ers are not even in Superbowl.

you can't pick and choose which borderline plays you call. On 4th down they don't call incidental things.

I just watched the highlight of the play. The wasn't even in the same league imho. I don't recall the media making any big deal on that play. No wonder I couldn't remember it. Defender was just slightly pushing the receiver. It wasn't a blatant hold. If anything, it was barely pass interference.

You say that was incidental. I say it wasn't. It was an obvious hold imho. It should have been called.

The Baltimore defender blatantly held Crabtree. Not saying that play decided the game. Even if SF scores (if they do), Maybe Flacco leads them down the field for the game winning FG.

Regardless, the Ravens deserved to win.

Last edited by Kujo : 02-04-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #515
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
I just watched the highlight of the play. The wasn't even in the same league imho. I don't recall the media making any big deal on that play. No wonder I couldn't remember it. Defender was just slightly pushing the receiver. It wasn't a blatant hold. If anything, it was barely pass interference.

You say that was incidental. I say it wasn't. It was an obvious hold imho. It should have been called.

The Baltimore defender blatantly held Crabtree. Not saying that play decided the game. Even if SF scores (if they do), Maybe Flacco leads them down the field for the game winning FG.

Regardless, the Ravens deserved to win.

It's the same thing, people just like to bitch and that play was weeks ago and this is now and acknowledging its the same thing means people can't whine. I'm sorry, it irks me the pat response to every game now by the loser is "we should have won" which is what you are doing when you point to a play. I'm missing the Niner outrage over the non contact running into the kicker too.

It reminds me of the COwboy game with Dez. There's a word for teams who fall behind huge and mount furious comebacks. Losers.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #516
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Anyone think the power outage was on purpose? Seemed a little to coincidental that one team was getting blown out, and viewers were probably tuning out.
I don't think so, if one person in that stadium got hurt or something happened it would be about 1,000 times worse than any ratings bump would get them.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #517
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Richard Sherman's pretty awesome

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...bourbon-street
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #518
Riddler
D-94

Quote:

I think it might have been on purpose but definitely not for the reasons you listed.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #519
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

This one won't haunt me as much as last year did. I woke up today thinking ehh... no big deal. Give me two days and it'll be a distant memory of sorts.

Last year was a game that was bitter to the end, the fact that we made this one interesting is a minor miracle in itself. But the flatness of the first half was inexcusable. A truly great team does not go down 17 and then 22 no matter how miraculous their comebacks are.

I am not, however, one of those fans that says: "Oh we'll be back." I understand that something like this is never a given, and our defense took about 10 steps back in the last few games, there is a limited window to that defense's elite speed and shit just happens.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #520
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
This one won't haunt me as much as last year did. I woke up today thinking ehh... no big deal. Give me two days and it'll be a distant memory of sorts.

Last year was a game that was bitter to the end, the fact that we made this one interesting is a minor miracle in itself. But the flatness of the first half was inexcusable. A truly great team does not go down 17 and then 22 no matter how miraculous their comebacks are.

I am not, however, one of those fans that says: "Oh we'll be back." I understand that something like this is never a given, and our defense took about 10 steps back in the last few games, there is a limited window to that defense's elite speed and shit just happens.

I fully agree with that. NFL is such a parity league and you never know the next time a team makes it that far because it's so hard. After Seattle's SB lost in 2005 I remember everyone saying Seattle will be back as they had alot of key players in their prime and alot of young playmakers on the their team.. There's countless examples of teams thinking they'll be back due to talent but soon realize it's not as easy as it looks.

As for the defense I think that's due to the change of philosophy of the team. With Smith we were a ball control/west coast offense that emphasized on efficiency, long drives, ball control, short-mid range passing game,etc. With Kaepernick we became a fast paced offense, an offense that scores quickly and gives back the ball to the opposing team and it opens up the game as well where the pace of the game is suddenly amped. Our offense did get better and more explosive but I think it took a toll on the defense though.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #521
jazz873
College star

Power outage or no power outage. San Fran wasn't going to go down that easily
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #522
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Yep. I've been waiting 21 years for the Redskins to get back. ****, has it been that long? God damn...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #523
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Oh man it is soooooo great the Niners lost.

Love it!!!

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #524
Hands of Iron
[ Sickplicity 33 ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron
He's got the ability:

At his best, his combination of ballhawking and coverage skills, instincts, anticipation, physical agility and film study have put him up there as arguably the greatest safety of all-time. Before injuries started taking their toll, he could really crack like all hell too. Of course, he won his DPOY playing SS.

He's got the numbers:

647 TKL - 69 INT - 1703 INT Yards - 8 INT TD - 155 PDEF - 31 STF - 11 FF
* Including post-season

He's got the accolades:

* Defensive Player of the Year
* 5x All-Pro 1st Team
* 3x All-Pro 2nd Team
* 9x Pro-Bowl

He's got and has done just about everything.. 8 picks in the playoffs with one short of breaking into that three-way tie for first, 1st all-time in INT return yards, top 10 in career INTs (and it ain't luck), touchdowns in every which way imaginable (you know the records). He checks all the boxes of an individual legend and he's about to become an all-time winner in his home state.

Oh, right on the money. Make it nine.
Hands of Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: