Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    How much worse could that 2016 summer get now that we look back on it?? Mozgov, Deng and Clarkson all signed. We were forced to dump a talent in D'Angelo Russell just to get the horrendous Mozgov deal out of the way. We also have to suck up the Deng deal for 2 more years until 2020 bc nobody wants that horrendous contract. We also had this Clarkson deal, a backup who is not part of the future vision of this team. Thanks a lot, Jim Buss you moron.
    Well said. They anticipated the cap going up and it set back the franchise years.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Well said. They anticipated the cap going up and it set back the franchise years.
    Precisely. Truth be told, we would have been in a much better position right now if we had done nothing in 2016 but sign 1yr contracts or simply done nothing at all, period.

Sometimes in life, doing nothing is better than doing something just for the sake of doing it. Jim Buss did the same exact thing with the Steve Nash trade.. Another costly move that gained us nothing but misery. To this day 6 years later, we are dealing with the repercussions.

Steve Nash to Lakers for:
    -2013 first round pick (least favorable of Cavaliers, Heat, Kings (top 13 protected),
    -2013 first round pick Lakers (top 14 protected) picks) (#30-Nemanja Nedovic)
    -2013 second round pick (protected top 40 in 2013, unprotected in 2014) (#57-Alex Oriakhi)
    -2014 second round pick (#36-Johnny O'Bryant III)
    -first round pick (protected top 5 in 2015, top 3 in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018) (?-?)
    -$3M cash on 2012-07-11

That's 3 first round picks and 2 2nd picks. Jim Buss really shot us back years with the single Steve Nash. Deng, Mozgov and Clarkson deals are extra cherries on top. Jeannie should have stepped in years ago and fired the moron Jim Buss.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, to be fair though everyone thought the Lakers would be contenders after the Nash trade. That was a move a lot of people would have made at the time. Now we know it was terrible for the team.

It's looking more and more like Cousins and George may be out of play this summer as per Woj.

LeBron seems unlikely to come imo - I see him with NYK tbh. If OKC can hold onto George, then we might be forced to wait until next year for Klay Thompson or Kawhi or Butler. I still hope to move Clarkson for a 1st round pick if we can by Thursday. We can use another pick this year.

NBA lottery pick

Yup, the latest rumors basically have Lakers management preparing the fan base for a let down in the free agent market this off season. It seems more and more likely they may keep Randle around and there will be no major FA signings. If OKC plays well, then I could see why George would stay there. Without George then there's definitely no dream of getting Lebron.

Yup, the latest rumors basically have Lakers management preparing the fan base for a let down in the free agent market this off season. It seems more and more likely they may keep Randle around and there will be no major FA signings. If OKC plays well, then I could see why George would stay there. Without George then there's definitely no dream of getting Lebron.
    If we can't pull off a big star this summer, you think Randle would sign a 1yr/$22 mil deal? Then next summer we can decide what to do with him if we are forced to wait another year. Bit like KCP except make it much more compelling where he can't say no. Hell, push it to 1yr/$25mil to truly push it.

NBA lottery pick

I would imagine it would depend on other offers he might get. At his age something long term is probably what his agent would tell him to do. He would probably even use KCP as an example of what to not do, depending on the type of contract he signs this off season. Detroit offered him 5 years 80 million. If he can get that offer again from a team and will have been paid very nice this season as a rental it may be a good idea for Randle to try that. If not then I can't imagine it. I would think he would want a guarantee on his role and playing time too. The Lakers haven't been the greatest fit with him to be honest. They started Larry Nance Jr. over him. I always thought that was a silly move. Then they drafted Kuzma who exceeded all expectations and now he really needs to be in the lineup too. Whereas if he went to a place like Dallas he would probably be one of the more featured guys. The Lakers really kind of screwed up his development a bit. I think they would be forced to trade Nance to show him that they would have some level of commitment, even if it is just for a season. I can't see them getting any more than a 2nd round pick for him. If the plan is to keep Randle then they really have to keep his playing time close to 30 mpg for the rest of the season and let him be one of the more featured players. We've seen when he actually plays he can put up a double/double fairly easy. He will definitely want to be doing that as much as he can.

They play GSW tonight and probably would extend their losing streak to 5....If they continue to struggle and get swept in the 2nd round, then they have a chance.
    I would love to keep Randle at the right price. Yes, it would be nice if he signs a 1 yr deal but I see Dallas offering a much longer contract. It's a slippery slope bec the guy is a workhorse and his ability to switch the perimeter is perfect for Luke's defensive schemes.

I would imagine it would depend on other offers he might get. At his age something long term is probably what his agent would tell him to do. He would probably even use KCP as an example of what to not do, depending on the type of contract he signs this off season. Detroit offered him 5 years 80 million. If he can get that offer again from a team and will have been paid very nice this season as a rental it may be a good idea for Randle to try that. If not then I can't imagine it. I would think he would want a guarantee on his role and playing time too. The Lakers haven't been the greatest fit with him to be honest. They started Larry Nance Jr. over him. I always thought that was a silly move. Then they drafted Kuzma who exceeded all expectations and now he really needs to be in the lineup too. Whereas if he went to a place like Dallas he would probably be one of the more featured guys. The Lakers really kind of screwed up his development a bit. I think they would be forced to trade Nance to show him that they would have some level of commitment, even if it is just for a season. I can't see them getting any more than a 2nd round pick for him. If the plan is to keep Randle then they really have to keep his playing time close to 30 mpg for the rest of the season and let him be one of the more featured players. We've seen when he actually plays he can put up a double/double fairly easy. He will definitely want to be doing that as much as he can.
    But that would also mean other teams will offer him more money if he is out there balling for longer periods and averaging 20-10-5 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    They play GSW tonight and probably would extend their losing streak to 5....If they continue to struggle and get swept in the 2nd round, then they have a chance.
    I would love to keep Randle at the right price. Yes, it would be nice if he signs a 1 yr deal but I see Dallas offering a much longer contract. It's a slippery slope bec the guy is a workhorse and his ability to switch the perimeter is perfect for Luke's defensive schemes.
    What worries me is this is Randle's contract year. Will he get lazy and fat the moment he gets paid? I often had questions with Randle of being reckless and being careless/lazy at times last year, which wasn't a contract year.

NBA lottery pick

What worries me is this is Randle's contract year. Will he get lazy and fat the moment he gets paid? I often had questions with Randle of being reckless and being careless/lazy at times last year, which wasn't a contract year.
    The guy has obviously been putting in work. I don't think he's going to just let himself go after one contract. I think he wants to be in the league for a long time and get another big contract. I always worry about the contract year thing too. Right now he's only averaging about 14 and 7 (mainly because of playing time). It's not like he's going to get paid and put up worse numbers than that.

NBA lottery pick

How about Josh Hart over the last 3 games? This past draft is looking pretty good for the Lakers. Ball, Kuzma, Hart could potentially be 3 starters on this team for a while. Once Ball is back Hart won't get as many boards but he's still proving that he can well.

How about Josh Hart over the last 3 games? This past draft is looking pretty good for the Lakers. Ball, Kuzma, Hart could potentially be 3 starters on this team for a while. Once Ball is back Hart won't get as many boards but he's still proving that he can well.
    Yup, Hart makes Clarkson expendable along with Ennis and Brewer, possibly even KCP. I would love to package any combination of those guys for a 1st rounder

Home of the 16

If we can't pull off a big star this summer, you think Randle would sign a 1yr/$22 mil deal? Then next summer we can decide what to do with him if we are forced to wait another year. Bit like KCP except make it much more compelling where he can't say no. Hell, push it to 1yr/$25mil to truly push it.
    I hope the FO

NBA lottery pick

Yup, Hart makes Clarkson expendable along with Ennis and Brewer, possibly even KCP. I would love to package any combination of those guys for a 1st rounder
    Rumors say they've been offered a 1st rounder for Clarkson and turned it down.