Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Post your go to Chipotle meal

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

You have three choices for Mexican food: drive a bit to Chipotle and get a nice gringorito, which is basically like a burrito not slathered in grease and lard, drive a bit to your favorite taqueria or taco truck (depending on personal taste) and get some authentic diarrhea, or drive to Taco Bell and proceed to die (I can dig Dell Taco though).
    FYP bro

Authentic Mexican food is some of the blandest food out there. Apart from spicy chile, most of the meals found in authentic mexican cuisine are unspiced beans and rice and an overdose of melted cow lard. Tamales are bland. Authentic mexican food is one of the blandest cuisines out there, thank god that we as Americans have recognized this room for improvement and made the appropriate changes by adding spices and flavor and subtracting the grease and lard.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-01-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Can't stand the Mexicans who say Chipotle is shit and not authentic and not bland blah blah.

Real shit, chipotle is BOMB. It's the same ****en ingredients man, it's not not drenched in fat and oil. The ONLY thing that isn't bomb is the chipotle.
    But the steak? WTF? Awesome. Toritlla is a tortilla, beans and rice are good.

Mexican ppl just hating.

I mean, some, NOT ALL, Mexican joints serve you some bomb ass food but you taste the grease and fat in very bite.

Chipotle isn't as greasy. It's a huge portion too.

I'm Latino, and of course I enjoy the hole in wall joints but Chipotle is BOMB. Especially how awesome their veggies taste. (Grilled, pico dr gallo, etc.) you can taste quality. Vs. Mexican joints, the tomato and onion and vegetable stuff doesn't seem fresh.

Banned

^^^ real talk

The only thing Mexican food has going for it is drowning shit in grease and lard, and that is not a good thing.

Anything that isn't drowned in grease and lard is a bland unspiced rice and beans dish.

There are some nice mexican chile dishes that aren't cups of boiling lard and grease, and have flavor, but these are hard to find.

Chipotle is how Mexican food SHOULD BE. You're welcome, Mexico

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    ^^^ real talk

The only thing Mexican food has going for it is drowning shit in grease and lard, and that is not a good thing.

Anything that isn't drowned in grease and lard is a bland unspiced rice and beans dish.

There are some nice mexican chile dishes that aren't cups of boiling lard and grease, and have flavor, but these are hard to find.

Chipotle is how Mexican food SHOULD BE. You're welcome, Mexico
    Woah there, now.

I know that you're a neurotic troll, but everyone knows that Mexican cuisine is some of the most delicious stuff ever. If it wasn't, white people wouldn't love it so much and try to imitate it so frequently.

Real talk, most every white person I know likes Chipotle well enough, but there's this taqueria a few blocks from where I live - which is a predominantly white area - and all of my white friends are obsessed with it. It's one of our primary chill-spots, and serves bomb-ass authentic Mexican dishes like enchiladas, flautas, chile rellenos, as well your typical burritos and tacos. Seriously, white people can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    You don't have to defend yourself.

Chipotle and it's ilk are a completely separate entity from authentic. That's why I call them gringorito joints. (Hopefully that is not an already established Spanish word/term and I can claim it).

You have three choices for Mexican food: drive a bit to Chipotle and get a nice gringorito, drive a bit to your favorite taqueria or taco truck (depending on personal taste) and get some authentic stuff, or drive to Taco Bell and proceed to die (I can dig Dell Taco though).

My buddies and I tried to do a burrito day once. I forgot who's dumb ass idea it was, but the plan was to eat a burrito from our favorite local taqueria for a meal, then Dell Taco, then Chipotle. Thank god we choose the taqueria first because their burritos are massive and that shit sat so heavy in our stomachs we bailed on the plan. I would not be here today if either of the other establishments were closer to our houses. Or I would just have a good vomit story. Either way. Bullet dodged.
    Oh look here, we have the cultured hipster that only eats "authentic" variations of the ethnic foods and does not succumb to the bland corporate versions. You are so cool bro.

But you should check up on your facts because "burritos" is not really "authentic" mexican food. It is mainly served in the Northern parts of Mexico and its origins might even be in California. Not to mention mexico is a country of over 100 million that encompasses different types of people and cultures. There is no authentic one size fits all Mexican food. Same thing with Chinese food. But you cultured hipsters are so ****ing dense to realize that and like to brag about eating in some hole in the wall.

Chipotle is the best fast food option out there. Not sure where the hate comes from.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 08-01-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Burrito Bowl
    Soft Taco Shells on The Side
    White Rice
    Black Beans
    Peppers/Onions
    Meat (Chicken, Steak, Barbacoa...depends on mood)
    Tomatoes
    Drop of Medium Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Lettuce
    Chocolate Sauce
    Whipped Cream

NBA lottery pick

Bowl
    Brown rice
    Black beans
    Chicken
    Mild sauce
    Hot sauce
    Lettuce

BTW authentic Mexican food is absolutely disgusting

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Woah there, now.

I know that you're a neurotic troll, but everyone knows that Mexican cuisine is some of the most delicious stuff ever. If it wasn't, white people wouldn't love it so much and try to imitate it so frequently.

Real talk, most every white person I know likes Chipotle well enough, but there's this taqueria a few blocks from where I live - which is a predominantly white area - and all of my white friends are obsessed with it. It's one of our primary chill-spots, and serves bomb-ass authentic Mexican dishes like enchiladas, flautas, chile rellenos, as well your typical burritos and tacos. Seriously, white people can't get enough of it.
    Probably because it's loaded with carbs, sodium and fat which makes it more tasty. There's a reason why Mexico is the most obese country in the world although that may be more of a result of shitty processed US foods entering the Mexican market.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Chocolate sauce? Whipped cream?

Just seeing if paying attention...

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

BURRITO BOWL

You HAVE to put the tortilla on the bottom of it, makes for a pillow sort of.
    Rice, extra rice (white)
    Black beans
    Onions and peppers
    Chicken
    Tomato salsa
    Medium salsa
    Corn
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Lettuce

Usually pick up a couple of lemons and squeeze some fresh lemon juice onto the food.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Havent been to one in a good 4 years? I always preferred Pancheros, since they press and cook the tortilla on the spot. My order is pretty much the same at all these types of places.

Burrito, no rice, extra black beans, various meat (depending on the mood, mostly pork), cheese, cilantro, salsa verde (or the corn salsa or whateber, but generally not pico). Then I smother it in further hot sauce

NBA Superstar

i've tried a lot of these joints from mexican to El Salvadorian...like my 2nd favorite ethnic style foods.

Taco Bell - i really think nothing beats their tacos. i never like other place tacos for some reason, taste a bit too much home made where its hard to explain. havent had in awhile, and can't beat theri value even if most of their stuff is very sub par. haven't eaten in a long time tho but when i get tacos from trucks or other places i feel like taco bells are better even with their 'mystery meat'. like the standard for taco's imo.

Chipotle - its good, like their grilled chicken, steak, etc. imo their grilled meats tastes better than most joint meats. but i think their guacomole and salsa sauces suck in general especially compared to some of the food truck joints. i usually only get Chicken Burritos when i go...but very limited menu too.

Qdoba(subpar to Chipotle all around so won't even bother)

Don Pablo's - IMO sucks...HUUGE disappointment. overpriced, bland, and so overrated mexican after hearing some hype from a friend.

Food trucks - value is amazing. unless they have separate grill next to their trucks their meats are good but not as good as Chipotle grilled meat, but food trucks with side wooded grillls have superiror meat to Chipotle. IMO they have really good guacomole, and side stuff, and much larger menu's than Chipotle. had a pork torta for the first time yesterday was deliciious, all kinds of flavors in there but didn't like the bread(almost like croissant type). they can be very different too, like one around my way sells the meat platters with different sides, then another near it more sells burritos, quesidillas, and a dozen other authentic mexican foods that the grill food truck doesn't. I also feel like the food truck with the larger menu but no grille has very clean food every time. the grill one is so crowded that it always has these little birds flying around trying to get scraps, and flies around the tent/picnic tables which sort of freaks you out but again they're so crowded there is more of a mess of food around from people eating and coming/going.

local restaurants(mexican to El Salvadorian) - they're pretty good, like 3~ of these places around my way get very good reviews and been to all 3 of them. overall i think food trucks are better. people are very favorable to small mom and pop mexican/salvadorian restaurants it seems. I'd say a bit above average but i haven't gone back to them after going food trucks.

i swear by food trucks right now. value, tastes, and if you find a good one(s) around you, you just can't beat them overall. i'd say if you see people regularly around a food truck, try it. i'd probably stay away from the dead ones. the new one i tried the other day barely gave me anything other than the carne asada, no wonder they weren't crowded at all and it was the same price as my go to that is super crowded usually.

anyways i put Chipotle a bit above average, very good for chain..but so limited menu and pretty pricy(relatively speaking) imo. ive had most burrito types, havne't gotten bowls yet....
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Ingredients by themselves taste fine, but they don't mesh well together and become bland.

Whenever I do get a burrito at any place I get the works without anything that is extra like guac.

Chicken burrito
    Black Beans
    White Rice
    Medium Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese

I know Buffalo orders a bowl of dic[COLOR="Black"]ks[/COLOR]!