Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Top 3 annoyingly overhyped young players

I'm not saying Durant isn't good, but when I see posts like "Could Durant be the GOAT one day" I'm like WTF

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Considering he averaged 13/10 & 14/8 as the 3rd option in the starting lineup, it's not very impressive at all. Guys like Bogut & Okafor did very similar while being the 3rd option on their teams... difference is they aren't nearly as hyped.

And 14/8/2 is no more impressive than Perkins averaging 8/8/2 as the 5th option behind 3 future hall of famers, and a future allstar PG in Rondo.
    Wow. WORST LOGIC EVER. Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Considering he averaged 13/10 & 14/8 as the 3rd option in the starting lineup, it's not very impressive at all. Guys like Bogut & Okafor did very similar while being the 3rd option on their teams... difference is they aren't nearly as hyped.

And 14/8/2 is no more impressive than Perkins averaging 8/8/2 as the 5th option behind 3 future hall of famers, and a future allstar PG in Rondo.
    Yup, and you're not biased at all.

I really don't care what the haters think anymore. Bynum was coming into his own before the injury and a lot of the haters were beginning to admit the kid has mad potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop
    Wow. WORST LOGIC EVER. Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

But Bynum plays with the GOAT Kobe Bryant, wouldn't Kobe be the one that made Bynum who he is because Kobe is so amazingly good?

Okafor is better than Bynum because he put up the same numbers as 2nd option as Bynum did as 3rd option?!

First off... I never said Okafor was better than Bynum. I'm pointing out Bynum is NO better than Okafor

Second, Okafor is not the 2nd option on the Bobcats. I don't know where you get that from. Most of his points come from cleanup around the basket or the occasional isolation when starters are on the bench. Larry Brown didn't like him a whole lot and didn't run alot through him. Felton, J-Rich (pre-trade), Diaw (post-trade), and Wallace ALWAYS had more shot attempts than Okafor.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    But Bynum plays with the GOAT Kobe Bryant, wouldn't Kobe be the one that made Bynum who he is because Kobe is so amazingly good?
    Bynum plays with the best offensive player in the league. That's why his numbers are lower than it could be. MORON.

Bynum plays with the best offensive player in the league. That's why his numbers are lower than it could be. MORON.
    Pau Gasol is the best offensive player in the league now?

Because I don't see how Kobes 26 ppg on 45%FG make him a better offensive player a 30 PPG 50% Wade or a 28 PPG 50% Lebron

laker fan excuse #345

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    laker fan excuse #345
    Excuse? It's called logic. When you play with the best, your stats go lower but you win rings. Fact.

Excuse? It's called logic. When you play with the best, your stats go lower but you win rings. Fact.

Answer me....

1. Bynum (this thread has turned into a good example)

2. Rubio (I'm a fan of his, but I agree: he is yet to play in the NBA)

3. OJ Mayo (he is good, but most of his fans are REALLY annoying)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Answer me....
    I won't answer non sense. Any one with half a brain knows Kobe is the best offensive player in the league. Only player in the league that can say, I'm going for 60 and actually do it. % don't mean anything. What's Lebron's career high? If it ain't 60, Lebron lost. Lebron even admitted saying he watches Laker games to mimmick Kobe's footwork. Kobe's jump shot > Lebron's.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    1. Bynum (this thread has turned into a good example)

2. Rubio (I'm a fan of his, but I agree: he is yet to play in the NBA)

3. OJ Mayo (he is good, but most of his fans are REALLY annoying)
    How is this thread a good example? Telling people that Bynum has potential to be an all-star is overrating him? Really?

I won't answer non sense. Any one with half a brain knows Kobe is the best offensive player in the league. Only player in the league that can say, I'm going for 60 and actually do it. % don't mean anything. What's Lebron's career high? If it ain't 60, Lebron lost. Lebron even admitted saying he watches Laker games to mimmick Kobe's footwork. Kobe's jump shot > Lebron's.

What does that have to do with anything?

Wade and Lebron manage to put up more points in a more efficient rate.

And if the reason Kobe doesn't put up higher numbers on a higher FG% is because he has good teammates, then how come he never shot higher then 47% in his career?

Prove to me why 26 ppg on 45% makes him a better offensive player then Wade for example that scores 30 ppg on 50%, when you do Ill admit youre right.

Rubio (He doesnt even look that good playing in Europe, let alone when he hits the NBA in like what 4 years?)