Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default steven a. smith with lin agenda.

he is calling lin 'average' and that lin is not a true point guard because he is out for himself, thats funny because when linsanity took over nyc his assists were through the roof.

listening to steven a. smith ranting against lin almost sounds like an angry black man upset that an asian is getting all the hype.

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Default Re: steven a. smith with lin agenda.

Kinda getting tired of Lin supporters making this a race issue.

Get over it

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ

Get over it
    so why is steven a. smith calling lin 'average'? average players dont put up the numbers that lin put up. He lit up the lakers/mavs during that unreal stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ

Get over it
    SAS always does this though.

As sloppy as he might look sometimes, Lin can ball. I don't think anyone disputes that at this point. But we need a larger sample size to determine how good he is and what his strengths are.

Right now, you'd have to say he's above average, but it would be nice to see him for a full season, with a squad that has a stable line up and head coach.

I think what Stephen A. was referring to was Lin's joy of the game, his getting caught up in the moment and not being afraid to take over games (and taking over games requires some selfishness).

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    As sloppy as he might look sometimes, Lin can ball. I don't think anyone disputes that at this point. But we need a larger sample size to determine how good he is and what his strengths are.

Right now, you'd have to say he's above average, but it would be nice to see him for a full season, with a squad that has a stable line up and head coach.

I think what Stephen A. was referring to was Lin's joy of the game, his getting caught up in the moment and not being afraid to take over games (and taking over games requires some selfishness).
    i seem to remember lin taking the last shot in the raptor game and winning the game with a 3 pointer

Local High School Star

Lin is above average but not elite yet. But his potential is the key. Knicks should keep him but it seems from the start Woodson never favored his game.

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Lol he plays 20 games and now ppl think he's a superstar and mad If someone calls him average...he was 85% and missed the playoffs. While guys like rondo wade miller Kobe ETC play even at 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    i seem to remember lin taking the last shot in the raptor game and winning the game with a 3 pointer
    So do i, what's your point. I just said, he's not afraid to take over games. That requires selfishness. That requires a guy having the fortitude to wave off his boys. To say, i got this, this is on me, i want the big moment, i can handle it.

You cannot call Lin average with a straight face, the fact that he managed to make so much out of the opportunity he got in the Knicks shows that he is no average player. He can ball and he is smart none of these belong to the average category.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    You cannot call Lin average with a straight face, the fact that he managed to make so much out of the opportunity he got in the Knicks shows that he is no average player. He can ball and he is smart none of these belong to the average category.
    Right now, at this point in his career, he's somewhere between above-average and below-elite. But it's too early to say where.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    Right now, at this point in his career, he's somewhere between above-average and below-elite. But it's too early to say where.
    He is not obviously elite [yet] but he is far from average.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    so why is steven a. smith calling lin 'average'? average players dont put up the numbers that lin put up. He lit up the lakers/mavs during that unreal stretch.

He is average until further notice. Even average players get on a hot streak, and what Lin did for 20 or so games constitutes that. Let's see what he has over a full season before we bump him up to the next level. And lets never forget that when he had a chance to come back at "85%" to help his team he chose to stay in street clothes.

Banned

Did you just find this out? SAS has always hated Lin. SAS is going to lose all of his credibility since he keeps saying there is no chance NY matches or something like that and his head is going to explode if NY matches Lin and I'll just lol at his face and send tweets asking him if he is mad.

Guys like Sherman Douglass and Tony Delk had hot streaks but no one calls them great. Lin has to prove he can have a consistent Season before he can be truly graded.