Default Interesting 3pt% 2016 stats

Kevin Durant is out of the top 35 overall at still a very good 38.6 %
    He is 7th among Small forwards with Kawhi leading the pact at 44.3%, McDermott came in 2nd at 42.5. Brandon Rush, Casspi and Dudley shot better than KD but these guys were a bit selective with their shots.
    Most of us think that Rondo is trash from the 3pt area, well he shot 36.5% at 19 place better than guys like Reggie Jackson, Aaron Brooks, Conley and Isiah Thomas etc.
    What is even more shocking was Matthew Deldadova placed 4th at 41% better than Lowry, CP3, Mills etc.
    Kyrie was just 39th place among PGs at 32.1% worst than Wall and Ricky Rubio.

Default Re: Interesting 3pt% 2016 stats

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    He is 7th among Small forwards with Kawhi leading the pact at 44.3%, McDermott came in 2nd at 42.5. Brandon Rush, Casspi and Dudley shot better than KD but these guys were a bit selective with their shots.
    Most of us think that Rondo is trash from the 3pt area, well he shot 36.5% at 19 place better than guys like Reggie Jackson, Aaron Brooks, Conley and Isiah Thomas etc.
    What is even more shocking was Matthew Deldadova placed 4th at 41% better than Lowry, CP3, Mills etc.
    I was going to say that he probably shot it on like 0.5 tries a game, but I looked it up. 2.4 a game. Not bad.

Not surprised about Delly's numbers, TBH. Even if players' numbers drop their efficiency goes up, when they play with LeBron.
    Last edited by aj1987; 09-16-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I was going to say that he probably shot it on like 0.5 tries a game, but I looked it up. 2.4 a game. Not bad.

Not surprised about Delly's numbers, TBH. Even if players' numbers drop their efficiency goes up, when they play with LeBron.

How do you explain Kyrie's low 32% though?
    pretty much an anomaly?

Decent playground baller

pretty much an anomaly?
    Injury, lack of rhythm. He had a career high 42% in 2015 on 5 attempts per game

pretty much an anomaly?
    He was playing injured? Dude missed about 30 games this season. First three seasons with LeBron, dude averaged 55% TS (45% and 38%). Last season with LeBron, when he was healthy, he put up a 58% TS (47% and 42%). I don't have the exact numbers, but from sometime near the ASG, dude went back to shooting ~36% from 3.

Not to mention the fact that he has shot 44% from the 3 in the PO's. Both of them combined (~35 games).

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

KD = .282 3PT in the 2016 playoffs

He isn't a good shooter from deep, he favors bailout chucking and unnecessary dagger attempts far too often, he should be at least 40% career with his skill level, Kobe syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    KD = .282 3PT in the 2016 playoffs

He isn't a good shooter from deep, he favors bailout chucking and unnecessary dagger attempts far too often, he should be at least 40% career with his skill level, Kobe syndrome.

If he shoots anywhere near that bad from deep, he shouldn't be allowed to shoot in the play offs. That's worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L

If he shoots anywhere near that bad from deep, he shouldn't be allowed to shoot in the play offs. That's worse than I thought.
    Wow, he had a bad playoff run shooting the 3, he must be a horrible 3PT shooter

Larry Bird was a career 32% 3PT shooter in the playoffs, I suppose you wouldn't let him take 3s if you were his coach

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Wow, he had a bad playoff run shooting the 3, he must be a horrible 3PT shooter

Larry Bird was a career 32% 3PT shooter in the playoffs, I suppose you wouldn't let him take 3s if you were his coach
    Threes were irrelevant when Bird was playing...(DUMBASS)

.282 on 6 attempts through 18 games is garbage

Durant is not a natural 3pt threat and he should be taking it inside more often, you want to talk about coaching, I think that should be glaringly obvious, but maybe not to a scrub who only began paying attention to NBA basketball in 2012 because of the Heatles, clueless bandwagoner you need to keep your emotions in check and study the game more!

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Threes were irrelevant when Bird was playing...(DUMBASS)

.282 on 6 attempts through 18 games is garbage

Durant is not a natural 3pt threat and he should be taking it inside more often, you want to talk about coaching, I think that should be glaringly obvious, but maybe not to a scrub who only began paying attention to NBA basketball in 2012 because of the Heatles, clueless bandwagoner you need to keep your emotions in check and study the game more!

He's a career 38% shooter on 4.7 attempts per game (this is including his rookie year where he shot below 30% on 3s). "Not a natural 3PT shooter" doe

He's a career 38% shooter on 4.7 attempts per game (this is including his rookie year where he shot below 30% on 3s). "Not a natural 3PT shooter" doe
    I never said that he was. My point was if he is in that kind of form, he needs to stay away from shooting it. There was a game vs the Spurs where he kept shooting like a blind high school kid and hit 30+ attempts (a game they lost). After the game, everyone defended that he needs to keep shooting because he's KD. That can't fly in the playoffs when he's with the Warriors. 28% on 6APG is really awful though. Even if he was not a good shooter (which he is), he would help the other two Splash Bros since the opposition wouldn't completely ignore and disrespect him like that scrub excuse of a baller known as Barnes. He's going to be marked at all times which will be huge for other players on the team.

Everyone should recognize that regular season numbers are not always an accurate representation of a players true abilities, defense is tighter and the refs call the game differently in the playoffs.

His career average is .329 playoffs, 6 attempts per game through 91 games, that is more than enough data to substantiate the conclusion that he is most definitely NOT a good three point shooter

Like I said, check those fragile emotions at the door!

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Context means everything.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It actually may have served Kyrie in the long-run that he really didn't get his legs back until around playoff time and thus had to focus more on his midrange game than his shooting from behind the arc.

Obviously, he had far and away his worst shooting season. He's usually around 40%, which is usually considered the barrier between the good shooters in the league and the best shooters in the league.

Because it took him so long to get his three-point shooting back up to snuff, he started taking less of the really long shots and focusing in on shots 10-20 feet. From 10-15 feet, he shot 50.4% -- far and away a career high -- and from 16 feet to the three-point line, 47.3%. That made him the best statistical midrange shooter in the NBA.

So, when the playoffs rolled around and his three-point shot came back (44%), defenses basically had nowhere to push him where his percentages weren't elite.

I'd be very surprised if his percentages in a regular season are ever that low again for three-pointers, assuming good health.