Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build a team around: Jason Kidd or Isiah Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Except those loaded 2000 Blazers choked because they didn't have a superstar go to scorer in the grind it out half court against set defenses. Choked away a massive lead against LA.

Sidekicks gonna sidekick. At some point you need the alpha out there.

Isiah however can get to the basket and knock down jumpers. Oh, and my answer is Zeke. Kidd can carry a bad squad better but with competent supporting cast, Zeke can play a role better.
    Everyone acts like the Blazers went full retard or something...they were getting good shots...THEY JUST WEREN'T GOING IN. Scottie should have definitely said **** this and just took it on himself though...that's actually his biggest regret as a basketball player...that he didn't.

Default Re: Who would you rather build a team around: Jason Kidd or Isiah Thomas?

Except those loaded 2000 Blazers choked because they didn't have a superstar go to scorer in the grind it out half court against set defenses. Choked away a massive lead against LA.

Sidekicks gonna sidekick. At some point you need the alpha out there.

Isiah however can get to the basket and knock down jumpers. Oh, and my answer is Zeke. Kidd can carry a bad squad better but with competent supporting cast, Zeke can play a role better.
    Great points! Kidd due to his versatility and triple double ability can fill more holes than Isiah. Peak Kidd could defend PG, SG, and even some SF's. In many respects, if u mixed Stockton and AI together, Isiah would be what u would come up with. Zeke was pass first at heart (like Stock) BUT like AI, he had the ability and mindset to dominate scoring . When he needed OR wanted to!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Everyone acts like the Blazers went full retard or something...they were getting good shots...THEY JUST WEREN'T GOING IN. Scottie should have definitely said **** this and just took it on himself though...that's actually his biggest regret as a basketball player...that he didn't.
    He wasn't capable of volume scoring like that ... never was. He didn't have the ball handling, shooting ability, ability to attack off the face up dribble to be a superstar high volume scorer.

So how the hell is that his biggest regret that he didn't do enough to out score Shaq AND Kobe? And where the hell did you hear this?

He would've done it if he was capable. And he never did that in a Bulls uniform, even in his prime from '91 - '96.

That Blazers team lost due to not having a true superstar, or high volume scorer. Lacked alpha caliber leadership. Just a bunch of Indians without a Chief.

I don't think you guys are appreciating Kidd's defense enough...he was the best defensive player on the number 1 defense in the league...AS A PG. That's nuts. Scottie Pippen is probably the only better help/team defender on the perimeter all time.

He wasn't capable of volume scoring like that ... never was. He didn't have the ball handling, shooting ability, ability to attack off the face up dribble to be a superstar high volume scorer.

So how the hell is that his biggest regret that he didn't do enough to out score Shaq AND Kobe? And where the hell did you hear this?

He would've done it if he was capable. And he never did that in a Bulls uniform, even in his prime from '91 - '96.

That Blazers team lost due to not having a true superstar, or high volume scorer. Lacked alpha caliber leadership. Just a bunch of Indians without a Chief.
    He could have definitely made something happen with the ball in his hands, but I'm not going to get into this argument with you. Let's just stick to the thread subject.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Lmao I was confused by the thread I thought it was the other IT because there was another thread comparing him to Nate Robinson.

Of course the Detroit IT pver Kidd imo.

I just had a blonde moment and made myself look foolish lol.

He could have definitely made something happen with the ball in his hands, but I'm not going to get into this argument with you. Let's just stick to the thread subject.
    No because there is no argument to be had.

Because anyone who watched Scottie knows that at his very best, at his absolute peak, with total free reign he was a less than 25 ppg caliber scorer.

22 ppg to be exact. He wasn't a high volume scorer. Didn't have the creativity or the ability. Point blank.

It's why that LOADED 2000 Blazer team choked. Plain and simple.

No because there is no argument to be had.

Because anyone who watched Scottie knows that at his very best, at his absolute peak, with total free reign he was a less than 25 ppg caliber scorer.

22 ppg to be exact. He wasn't a high volume scorer. Didn't have the creativity or the ability. Point blank.

It's why that LOADED 2000 Blazer team choked. Plain and simple.
    You're starting to kill my stone and ****ing piss me off. You see everything in Jordan shaded glasses...you're not 3ball...but you're not much better when it comes to him. I almost like your post too when were not discussing Jordan or Pippen.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-15-2016 at 11:06 PM.

You're starting to kill my stone and ****ing piss me off.
    Your stone has a pulse? Bring angry, bitter, and stupid Smoke117 out for all of our entertainment please?

I'm dying to see you call me a loser, fake coach or a punk or some other obnoxious ISH cliche.

That's the thing about Pippen! When MJ left the Bulls to play baseball, Pip's scoring average HARDLY CHANGED! If Pip was an alpha dog, he would have picked up his scoring BIG TIME at that point. That team was SEVERELY LACKING quality scoring depth. And Phil is known to get the best out of guys as well. But EVEN PHIL KNEW Pip wasn't an alpha dog. Pip simply didn't have the overall toolbox to be a dominant scorer.

Your stone has a pulse? Bring angry, bitter, and stupid Smoke117 out for all of our entertainment please?

I'm dying to see you call me a loser, fake coach or a punk or some other obnoxious ISH cliche.
    Settle down, bro. Why you are acting so hostile?

You're starting to kill my stone and ****ing piss me off. You see everything in Jordan shaded glasses...you're not 3ball...but you're not much better when it comes to him. I almost like your post too when were not discussing Jordan or Pippen.
    I feel the same when you're not underrating MJ, overrating Pip, or in a total delusion of hate in regards to Kobe. Your Wade and David Robinson posts are about as accurate as they come.

I feel the same when you're not underrating MJ, overrating Pip, or in a total delusion of hate in regards to Kobe. Your Wade and David Robinson posts are about as accurate as they come.
    I say a lot of stuff about Kobe just to piss off Kobe stans and because it's the same stupid threads over and over...there is nothing to be discussed anymore, but these children here just won't stop repeating the same threads over and over.

Don't get me wrong...I find him overrated in many ways...especially defensively, but I don't hate him.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-15-2016 at 11:22 PM.

In a vaccum, I can see many picking Kidd. He was taller, bigger, stronger, a GOAT level defender for a PG, a walking triple double and he checked so many boxes.

But man, I love me some Isiah. He was one of the greatest leaders ever who galvinized teammates. Clutch as hell and a straight killer. And as Bizil said, he was not only a great passing PG but could take over the game offensively when it was needed. Truly a rare combo. The analytics won't favor Isiah but the people who saw him live know he was clearly "the man" for those Pistons teams.