Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 6 reasons why Lebron is not top GOAT 5

Like I said in my book he is GOAT Small forward but regardless of position, there are 6 guys that I would pick over him to start a team.
    1. MJ
    2. Kareem.
    3. Shaq. Forget his last years at Boston and Cleveland, this guy at his peak was averaging 30 pts, 13.6 rebs and 3 block shots. 4 rings as the top guy for his team.
    4. Magic- Lebron has more pts/game but Magic at his peak, but he was averaging 24 pts, 8 rebs and 13 assists/game. Lebron is a very good passer at 8 apg(peak) but Magic is GOAT passer=ability to make his teammates so much better, better in the clutch, even played center in the finals to win it all. 5 rings and battled the best teams like Boston and Detroit.
    5. Hakeem- at 28 pts, 14 rebs, 4 blocks plus changed a ton of shots and probably the only one who won a ring with ZERO allstars at the same time humiliating MVP David Robinson and Utah Jazz etc. Could not be stopped at the low post vs the top centers like Shaq, Ewing, DRob etc.
    6. Tim Duncan. His ave is lower simply bec he stayed a lot longer that he should plus Pops rested him a ton in the final 5 years of his career.
    He is not called the big Fundamental for nothing. his peak numbers are
    25.5 pts, 12.2 rebs, 2.3 blocks, 5 rings, and very consistent esp his first 12 years.

Default Re: 6 reasons why Lebron is not top GOAT 5

Whatever, that's your opinion.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Whatever, that's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Annyong!
    I actually wanted to post this exactly, but im on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Like I said in my book he is GOAT Small forward but regardless of position, there are 6 guys that I would pick over him to start a team.
    1. MJ
    2. Kareem.
    3. Shaq. Forget his last years at Boston and Cleveland, this guy at his peak was averaging 30 pts, 13.6 rebs and 3 block shots. 4 rings as the top guy for his team.
    4. Magic- Lebron has more pts/game but Magic at his peak, but he was averaging 24 pts, 8 rebs and 13 assists/game. Lebron is a very good passer at 8 apg(peak) but Magic is GOAT passer=ability to make his teammates so much better, better in the clutch, even played center in the finals to win it all. 5 rings and battled the best teams like Boston and Detroit.
    5. Hakeem- at 28 pts, 14 rebs, 4 blocks plus changed a ton of shots and probably the only one who won a ring with ZERO allstars at the same time humiliating MVP David Robinson and Utah Jazz etc. Could not be stopped at the low post vs the top centers like Shaq, Ewing, DRob etc.
    6. Tim Duncan. His ave is lower simply bec he stayed a lot longer that he should plus Pops rested him a ton in the final 5 years of his career.
    He is not called the big Fundamental for nothing. his peak numbers are
    25.5 pts, 12.2 rebs, 2.3 blocks, 5 rings, and very consistent esp his first 12 years.
    How is Magic... aka "Tragic" more clutch?

Him playing Center is a complete myth. He participated in the opening jump ball and that was his extent of it. He played G and F

James also battles the best teams out of the West.... like SA and GSW

Magic's defense was pathetic compared to Lebrons. Also he was drafted on a championship team Lebron's team wouldn't even make the playoffs without him.

Too bad but that general consensus is that he's top 3 at worst at the age of 31 and with much more to go.

Some even have him as GOAT. The "three J's" are pretty much everyone's top 3:

James, Jordan and jabbar as Isiah would say

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Too bad but that general consensus is that he's top 3 at worst at the age of 31 and with much more to go.

Some even have him as GOAT. The "three J's" are pretty much everyone's top 3:

James, Jordan and jabbar as Isiah would say

This

Love to see LeBron wins another MVP, and Finals MVP next season. 4 Finals MVP, and 5 Regular Seasons MVP would create so many meltdowns next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Him playing Center is a complete myth. He participated in the opening jump ball and that was his extent of it. He played G and F

The western champion is the ONLY real competition lebron has to go against in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic path to a championship

Quote Originally Posted by toprange
    The western champion is the ONLY real competition lebron has to go against in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic path to a championship
    Ordan made the playoffs with a 30 win team. Pretty pathetic 3alts.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Top over Wade in 2006?

Stats, stats stats.

It feels like you didn't really watch any of those guys.
    I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

But I didn't watch much 80s basketball. Maybe a few select 'Turn back the clock' games aired on my country's sports channel.

Anyhow, you are entitled to your own opinion, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Stats, stats stats.

It feels like you didn't really watch any of those guys.
    I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am.

But I didn't watch much 80s basketball. Maybe a few select 'Turn back the clock' games aired on my country's sports channel.

Anyhow, you are entitled to your own opinion, cheers.
    Yes, I have seen them play. "Stats x 3", the irony cuz I based my opinion that Lebron is GOAT SF is because of his great "stats".
    Yes he is a freak of nature, arguably the most athletic player ever to play, as if Karl Malone is galloping like Westbrook. And his court vision is great too. But eye test on his skill set level?
    When was the last time he did a tear drop like Iceman Gervin.
    Or a Jumphook like Wade and peak Rose?
    or a runner ala Kobe
    or a reverse pivot and counter spin like James Worthy?
    or a pull up like MJ?

Having said all that, my question to you and your fellow Lebron fans is, don't you share my opinion that he is GOAT SF?
    It is my opinion that size still matters in this sport. If Lebron is 6-4 and 190 lbs, he probably be not GOAT SF.
    Great tall players still trump over great small players. They rebound more, they tend to be more efficient with their scoring, they block and change shots more etc etc. MJ is ofcourse the exception. Magic with his ability to play multiple positions and at the same time issue 13 assists is just too difficult for me to ignore. But yes, it is just my opinion.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 09-02-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park BedroomBully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Don't forget a Thunder Team with KD, Russell, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green, Fisher, etc.

Interesting reading.

The first article covers every one of Lebron's Finals' games up thru game four of the 2014 Finals (and he would follow that up with a zero-impact effort in the clinching five blowout loss.)

http://thesportspost.com/lebron-jame...#axzz4J905enVG

Then, we can see just how "clutch" LeChoke was in his '15 Finals in this article...

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/p...espnapi_public

Think about that. Aside from his 2012 Finals, he was choking in every other Finals in his career.

And this year was no different, either.

In game four he led his team down the toilet in the last minute, by repeatedly driving uncontested to the hoop in three straight possessions, and in which his team trailed by nine in each. He proved he would rather pad his stats than actually try to win the game with a three.

Luckily for him, the NBA suspended Green in a game five, which ultimately cost the Warriors a 4-1 series win. On top of that, the Warriors had key injuries to their lone rim-protector, and the Lebron-stopper, who had a history of completely shutting LeChoke down.

And even in the game seven WIN...LeChoke went 0-4 from the field in the last 4:14, and had his ass saved by Clutch Kyrie.

Remove Kyrie's game winner, and Ray Allen's miracle, and we would be reading about Mr. "1-7."