Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Hakeem Olajuwon > Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I've been watching every year since '84. Watched more bball than any 10 random posters here combined.

My thing is, I like to think. I dont roll with the narrative. I think outside the box. And I trust my eyes, not a bunch of "advanced stats". Stats are for nerds and poindexters.

Hakeem is the best player I've personally witnessed outside of Jordan and peak Shaq. Mayyyybe Larry Bird, and I'm saying that as a Boston fan; Hakeem could be better.

Not Magic, Barkley, Robinson (lol, cant believe people would bring him up after Hakeem made him his dog ) Kobe, Duncan, LeBron or anyone else.

Enough already. I'm out.
    In other words.... "I know I'm right even though all the evidence prove me wrong!!!!!11"

You don't even have a viable argument other than some stupid claim about Hakeem being a better offensive player than Magic. Let alone arguments over Shaq, Bird, etc.

Lol'd at calling others statnerds when you're the one that can't see past the stats. The fact that you think the only thing Magic is better at is passing shows that you have no idea of what's going on in the game aside from boxscore watching.

Every argument you've posted has been shut down and you've provided no additional arguments other than "I think".

And btw, Drob routinely schooled Hakeem in the regular season, which is why majority of people though Rob was a better player up until 1995 where Hakeem took his soul in that one series. But that's all it was, it was one series. Doesn't take away from the fact that DRob outperformed Hakeem in several regular seasons and led one of the biggest franchise turnarounds winning 50+ games in multiple seasons with a subpar supporting cast.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    It means he had a lot of damn help "leading" his team. Including a 7'4" mismatch playing right next to him who put 24 point-22 rebound game in the Finals. Who hit the series clinching shot at the buzzer while Hakeem was out of the game.

It means that if the Rockets beat the Lakers with Hakeem on the bench in the crucial moments of the final game, they must have had some other things going for them besides Hakeem.

You also accuse this 7'4" mismatch you accuse of being a crackhead with any damn evidence.

Yes, they lost their point guard, meaning the point guard wasn't the guy who helped them in the playoffs.

You seem to be confusing the drug problems of Mitchell and Lloyd with Sampson.
    What are you talking about? Your talking about 86. Im talking about the following years. I said he led them in 86. I never said his team wasn't decent in 86. Hakeem was the best player on the team in 86 so i don't know what your going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    He is right.

Pippen was the team leader in assist on all the Bulls championships team
    No he was not

Learning to shoot layups Amare4lyfe's Avatar

No, he wasn't.

People are forgetting how good Barkley and Robinson were. These guys were in discussion for league's best player in 1991, a time period when Jordan was at his peak.

Who the hell is this clown? Another 7 year old kid who gets his knowledge by watching youtube. Stop talking out of your butt.

I will say this, peak Hakeem was the most unbelievable player I have ever seen, from an individual standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I will say this, peak Hakeem was the most unbelievable player I have ever seen, from an individual standpoint.
    Totally true .

Probably , He was most versatile player in NBA History .

Africa is not Europe brah.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amare4lyfe
    Who the hell is this clown? Another 7 year old kid who gets his knowledge by watching youtube. Stop talking out of your butt.
    Who are you?

Who are you?
    96 Years old monk from Nepal , Who had hobbies with NBA .

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Magic Johnson is generally ranked higher than Hakeem Ojajuwon on all-time greatest lists but Hakeem was a better player.
    Magic was runner-up for MVP in 1991 and top 5 all-time player, but he got destroyed by Jordan in the Finals heads-up:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]JORDAN: 31.2 ppg.. 6.6 rpg.. 11.4 apg.. 2.8 spg.. 1.4 bpg.. 55.8 fg[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Indigo"]MAGIC:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 18.6 ppg.. 8.0 rpg.. 12.4 apg.. 1.4 spg.. 0.0 bpg.. 43.1 fg[/COLOR]

Show me where another player DESTROYED a top 5 all-time player and runner up for MVP this badly in the Finals?

MJ's domination is especially remarkable considering MJ was Magic's primary defender, while Magic guarded Paxson.

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Africa is not Europe brah.

Keep playing on daddy's computer...

Banned

Hakeem is insanely well regarded on this board for a dood who lost 9 teams in the first round,

Keep playing on daddy's computer...

You mad breh?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Magic was runner-up for MVP in 1991 and top 5 all-time player, but he got destroyed by Jordan in the Finals heads-up:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]JORDAN: 31.2 ppg.. 6.6 rpg.. 11.4 apg.. 2.8 spg.. 1.4 bpg.. 55.8 fg[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Indigo"]MAGIC:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 18.6 ppg.. 8.0 rpg.. 12.4 apg.. 1.4 spg.. 0.0 bpg.. 43.1 fg[/COLOR]

Show me where another player DESTROYED a top 5 all-time player and runner up for MVP this badly in the Finals?

MJ's domination is especially remarkable considering MJ was Magic's primary defender, while Magic guarded Paxson.
    This thread isn't about Jordan. Your obsession is truly disturbing.