Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Banned

Default Re: #1 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops - 2015 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle
    Ring counting is stupid Kenneth.

What if KG doesn't get injured in 2009 and Perkins stays healthy in 2010?
    Kobe doesn't win either of those titles.

That doesn't make him a lesser player during those years nor does it reduce his actual oncourt value for his career.

But according to you he would drop many spots and be well outside the Top 10 without them.
    So where is the logic in that?

only to geeks that never played ball

if you were in a room with larry, magic, jordan, kobe, shaq etc... you'd understand what the big boys measure themselves by

guys play to win... guys dont play to get advanced metrics

you can only do what you can control. and thats winning/losing. nothing else.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    only to geeks that never played ball

if you were in a room with larry, magic, jordan, kobe, shaq etc... you'd understand what the big boys measure themselves by
    You still didn't really address my argument though Kenneth.

What if KG didn't get injured in 2009 and hypothetically that prevented Kobe from winning his last 2 titles.
    Would that have Kobe a less valuable player individually in those two years?

If you say no (which is the only correct answer) then why should this new hypothetical Kobe with only 3 Rings be ranked any lower career wise then the real Kobe with his 5?

Kenneth : uhh... cuz luck or good circumstances are part of greatness?
    Not how it works.
    I can go out tomorrow and win the lottery but that doesn't make me better at making or managing money then you are.
    Just means I am a lucky ****.

Decent college freshman

Shammgod Wells

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle
    You still didn't really address my argument though Kenneth.

What if KG didn't get injured in 2009 and hypothetically that prevented Kobe from winning his last 2 titles.
    Would that have Kobe a less valuable player individually in those two years?

If you say no (which is the only correct answer) then why should this new hypothetical Kobe with only 3 Rings be ranked any lower career wise then the real Kobe with his 5?

Kenneth : uhh... cuz luck or good circumstances are part of greatness?
    Not how it works.
    I can go out tomorrow and win the lottery but that doesn't make me better at making or managing money then you are.
    Just means I am a lucky ****.

a) injuries are part of the game. they happen to nearly everyone. it all balances out in the end... kobe got ****ed over by injuries in 03, 04

b) i say kobe still wins in 2009 and 2010.

garnett averaged 18ppg on 42% fg's in the 2008 finals
    garnett averaged 15ppg on 51% fg's in the 2010 finals

c) if kobe didnt win the titles in 2009 and 2010. he would be 3 for 7 in nba finals... and would have absolutely flopped without shaq

if anything. i think kobe loses spots on his all time ranking from 2008

3 rings and 1 mvp, 0 fmvps, all with shaq, 0-3 without shaq

f*ck thats nasty

yuck...

he'd be lucky to be top 15

i dont care if kobe had 4 mvps. that finals record and especially without shaq would totally ruin his legacy