Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Re: Brandan Wright is shooting 77.4% from the field

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    But do you think he can get it right on defense as well? Chandler could be a great mentor for him if Wright has the tools.
    No, he can't. He doesn't possess the physical qualities to be a great defender in the NBA, he could be a net zero with some tutelage from Tyson.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

But do you think he can get it right on defense as well? Chandler could be a great mentor for him if Wright has the tools.
    Sure...it's possible, but he's not that young anymore and he kind of is who he is I would imagine.

But I hope so...would be huge if he could give us 20 to 25 minutes of his offense and at least even defense in the playoffs. Would make life on Dirk/Chandler a lot easier in a playoff series or potential run (if we get there)...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    All of his baskets come on pick and roll flashes to the rim/lobs.

He does have a nice touch around the paint though as well, but it's mainly due to excellent pick and roll play by him and the Mavs guards...spacing of the offense...and his freakish athleticism and long arms.

Hard to take that away when you have Ellis, Dirk, Parsons...etc. just waiting to kill you if you shift over too much.

Edit...he also just has amazing chemistry with Devin Harris. They rarely don't read a play perfectly and almost always play together.
    So he's basically just a Chandler jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    So he's basically just a Chandler jr.
    Chandler is elite defensively so no
    Deandre Jordan is a better comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Kobe is missing 77% from the field.
    Wright > Kobe, right?

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Wright > Kobe, right?
    Possibly, at this point Kobe is one of the worst players in the NBA ( A bit of an exaggeration) .All advanced metrics actually show Wright has more of impact towards winning basketball games.
    Last edited by VengefulAngel; 11-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Possibly, at this point Kobe is one of the worst players in the NBA. All advanced metrics actually show Wright has more of impact towards winning basketball games.
    Don't get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Chandler is elite defensively so no
    Deandre Jordan is a better comparison
    Elite is a stretch at this point, but my fault for not specifying "offense" in my last post.

Chandler has wasted his career by never learning how to dribble the ball so he can post up. A center who's 7-1 and avg. less than 4fta a game is ridiculous. Basically no chance of getting other C's in foul trouble when you have no go to moves cause you can't dribble or shoot

15mil for a rim protector, who's short tempered, is quite the price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Sure...it's possible, but he's not that young anymore and he kind of is who he is I would imagine.

But I hope so...would be huge if he could give us 20 to 25 minutes of his offense and at least even defense in the playoffs. Would make life on Dirk/Chandler a lot easier in a playoff series or potential run (if we get there)...
    Any pro basketball player can make a difference on defense in my opinion, as long as they try, let alone someone who plays regularly in the NBA.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Elite is a stretch at this point, but my fault for not specifying "offense" in my last post.

Chandler has wasted his career by never learning how to dribble the ball so he can post up. A center who's 7-1 and avg. less than 4fta a game is ridiculous. Basically no chance of getting other C's in foul trouble when you have no go to moves cause you can't dribble or shoot

15mil for a rim protector, who's short tempered, is quite the price to pay.
    On offense Chandler is much better at setting screens, but Wright is (much) better at finishing around the rim. He has a bigger range and a softer touch.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    wow according to the statheads here if we let him take 30 shots per game he would make 25 of them

new wilt?
    No one is saying that. If he was capable of that, he'd be starting and a featured option. But he is extremely efficient at what he does, obviously knows his limits. I need to get a laptop so I can actually watch some damn games

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Any pro basketball player can make a difference on defense in my opinion, as long as they try, let alone someone who plays regularly in the NBA.
    At guard or wing? Yea...I'd probably agree with that outside a couple exceptions.

At center? No...so much of it has to do with things beyond effort. Wright just gets muscled around so much...and it's a bit unfair because we ask him to do things way outside of his comfort zone.

Dirk...even at this point in his career....is a better defender than Wright. Or at least he was last year...I haven't seen enough to make that statement this year I guess.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Great energy big man off the bench and he's got the master of lay up/lob passes to play with in Jameer great fit for both.