Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron is the second best scorer in the nba.

It almost gets on my nerves how Milbuck is right all the time.

Anyway, yes Durant is without question the best scorer in the league. LeBron has the best claim to the #2 spot. Groundbreaking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Anyone who watched last season will tell you that there was a visible drop in level as the season progressed, when Westbrook came back. This tends to happen when, like you explicitly stated, you have an abysmal coach whose offensive philosophy is to get the ball to your two stars and get the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck out of the way. If anything, the pressure that type of incompetence puts on KD/WB, having to initiate/run EVERYTHING offensively, outweighs any advantage they get by having the other player next to them.

And it had nothing to do with touches/shots. Durant averaged 22.1 FGA with Westbrook out in that 2-3 month stretch where he was playing out of his mind...and in the stretch after Russ came back, he averaged 22.0 FGA.
    He VISIBLY dropped in the playoffs...

But for the regular season, the hell are you expecting?

Is KD supposed to do this for an entire year?

1: We can agree that OKC's horrible coach/system limits their superstars & team.

2: It really had nothing to do with Russ returning. If anything, that gives you more room against opposite defenses.

I watched that game yeserday. Bron looked terrible. Slow. No more leaping ability. The ugliest aesthetic 40+ point game I've ever seen. He was just barreling into guys, and watched him countless times get away with hooks or elbows to his defender to clear them out because he couldn't beat them with legit foot speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    He VISIBLY dropped in the playoffs...

But for the regular season, the hell are you expecting?

[IMG][/IMG]

Is KD supposed to do this for an entire year?
    This dude was putting up 35/7/6/1/1 on 66% TS for literally just under a third of the season. That isn't some measly little 5 game stretch that means nothing...he sustained that level for a significant chunk of time.

1: We can agree that OKC's horrible coach/system limits their superstars & team.
    Then I don't even know what we're arguing here. Any possible advantage that Westbrook might give Durant..which again, I maintain isn't huge considering what KD showed he could do and sustain without Westbrook..is completely outweighed by how garbage a coach Brooks is and how worthless OKC's offense is structurally.
    2: It really had nothing to do with Russ returning. If anything, that gives you more room against opposite defenses.
    Now you're just repeating the same tired arguments. No dude, it really doesn't have the huge impact you're suggesting it does, not in the context of OKC's iso-reliant offense, with complete non-creators like Perkins, Collison, Sefolosha, Lamb, even Ibaka to an extent, etc. When Durant had complete control of the offense without Westbrook there to "give him more room against opposite defenses"...he completely raped the league.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I watched that game yeserday. Bron looked terrible. Slow. No more leaping ability. The ugliest aesthetic 40+ point game I've ever seen. He was just barreling into guys, and watched him countless times get away with hooks or elbows to his defender to clear them out because he couldn't beat them with legit foot speed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgTYtB6qHQ

^^^^ his offensive highlights - step back and pull up jumpers, running floaters, power dunks and complete acceleration, blowing by his defenders around 1:08 and 1:21 for the easy finishes.

LMAO at "barreling into guys". idiot.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Keep hating

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I have him 3rd behind Durant and Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgTYtB6qHQ

^^^^ his offensive highlights - step back and pull up jumpers, running floaters, power dunks and complete acceleration, blowing by his defenders around 1:08 and 1:21 for the easy finishes.

LMAO at "barreling into guys". idiot.
    Swish, like most Jordan stans, is very insecure about Lebron. Can we really blame him though?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    It almost gets on my nerves how Milbuck is right all the time.
    agreed.

dude is too smart to be on ish

Kobe
    Melo
    KD
    Kyrie (when brans not hogging and crying to lestatpad)

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Kobe
    Melo
    KD
    Kyrie (when brans not hogging and crying to lestatpad)
    1-14

This has been a given for the last few years. LeBron is still the better offensive player though.

I don't see how this is even a debate. Lebron is one of the best scorers ever.

Not sure what you were watching, dude, but Bron looked pretty spry the other night. Had possessions where he looked completely dominant too.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Curry better scorer. Lebrun is the best player though.