Thread: I suck at music

Default I suck at music

I have no taste in music. I have no desire to listen to music when I'm chilling alone. I can hardly name the greatest artists and albums ever made. If someone asks me for ONE good song to put on, I'm clueless.

Maybe I don't have a soul? However, I do enjoy all kinds of music. Rock, alternative, edm, pop, rap, anything, just as long as I don't have to choose what's played or make up my mind about what types of music I like.

Is anyone else like this? It's pretty sad and makes me a boring person. If someone asks me what kind of music I'm into its legitimately a hard question for me.

Banned

Default Re: I suck at music

Find a day where you have hours of downtime, preferably a road trip and listen to Trilogy by The Weeknd front to back. I promise it will change your opinion.

Alright I wrote that down, thanks

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Who cares bro, listen to what you like.

I know some people that rattle off random music history lessons on me like it's going to impress me

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    I have no taste in music. I have no desire to listen to music when I'm chilling alone. I can hardly name the greatest artists and albums ever made. If someone asks me for ONE good song to put on, I'm clueless.

Maybe I don't have a soul? However, I do enjoy all kinds of music. Rock, alternative, edm, pop, rap, anything, just as long as I don't have to choose what's played or make up my mind about what types of music I like.

Is anyone else like this? It's pretty sad and makes me a boring person. If someone asks me what kind of music I'm into its legitimately a hard question for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3yqMr3ffY

rank sentamentalist

well there are two ways to get over this

1. own ur taste, figure out which bands you like the best, listen to him a bunch when ur at home alone, and when you're inevitably put in a position where you hafta choose a song, throw one of those on... this is preferable

2. alternatively, sit down for three hours at your desk, and illustrate a long family tree representing your musical tastes and how they connect to one another. next go rent "cambridge university history of western music" from the library and start studying. trace back at least to early 17th century, work ur way thru all the euro classicists and study the romantic movement and you'll get to american soul and jazz but dont forget fringe movements like gypsy and african clicking style and stuff... a few years of that and eventually u'll be ringing off names like Helga Cruz and Barney Armstrong, bands like Lickaday Trixy and the Tripulets, soon you'll be taking these uneducated newbs all the way back to Smiley Smile and the Cousins Benchmark circa '74.... this is not preferable
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-14-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    well there are two ways to get over this

1. own ur taste, figure out which bands you like the best, listen to him a bunch when ur at home alone, and when you're inevitably put in a position where you hafta choose a song, throw one of those on... this is preferable

2. alternatively, sit down for three hours at your desk, and illustrate a long family tree representing your musical tastes and how they connect to one another. next go rent "cambridge university history of western music" from the library and start studying. trace back at least to early 17th century, work ur way thru all the euro classicists and study the romantic movement and you'll get to american soul and jazz but dont forget fringe movements like gypsy and african clicking style and stuff... a few years of that and eventually u'll be ringing off names like Helga Cruz and Barney Armstrong, bands like Lickaday Trixy and the Tripulets, soon you'll be taking these uneducated newbs all the way back to Smiley Smile and the Cousins Benchmark circa '74.... this is not preferable

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

same. i think im just lazy though not bothering to try out a whole lot of music.

if people ask you, just tell them you listen to stuff you like. not a certain genre. that's pretty true with me. i could hate all country music, but come across one good song and listen to it a lot. music is music man.