Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks Trying to Send Amare to Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What? He's made his whole career by playing pick n roll basketball with point guards. Now you think he doesn't need one?
    The issue is him and Melo. Unless you guys got somebody like Nash who could run a great PnR with Amare and control the offense, hes never going to fit with Melo. It's very simple. Amare knows two plays.. Isos and PnR. Melo cannot run a PnR so he cant really play off Amare and vice versa. I hope you guys waste another year with these two together.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The issue is him and Melo. Unless you guys got somebody like Nash who could run a great PnR with Amare and control the offense, hes never going to fit with Melo. It's very simple. Amare knows two plays.. Isos and PnR. Melo cannot run a PnR so he cant really play off Amare and vice versa. I hope you guys waste another year with these two together.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...content=Knicks

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What? He's made his whole career by playing pick n roll basketball with point guards. Now you think he doesn't need one?

i just don't see his picknroll as much different or greater than picknroll with Chandler or even Melo, assuming Lin is feeding them. if they get it open with the lane they're all capable of finishing it. Amare also tends to have butterfingers on his lane cuts or just not finishing when he should sometimes but maybe i'm being too harsh on that, i can just remember some moments of him missing dunks or gimmes. granted he does have the mid range pull up if he doesn't roll or defender leaves him space, but its so streaky its hard to even say he's even good at the mid range.

i mean Amare has had his moments, but the inconsistencies and bonehead things he's done has to kill you as Knick fans, where for that price tag you'd expect a LOT more.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Good luck lol.. no offense but Amare isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. We've seen it a million times. Dwight's been working with Hakeem. Lebron's been working with Hakeem. etc. Players dont really go much further than what they've already shown you especially when they're already 30 years old.

To be good in the low post you just have to have that intuitive feeling.. you have to be able to feel the defense behind you and twist/pivot your way around them with a lot of subtle moves. You have to be able to pick up the awareness necessary to feel the double and pass out. It's really hard.. which is why you dont see these guys who 'worked with Hakeem' come back any better than they were before.

Amare is very choppy. He jabs one way and goes the other.. or he just goes from the start. He's very point blank and aggressive. He's doesnt have that natural finesse at all. I dont see that working.

NBA Superstar

he's too soft imo to be that threat. doesn't have the body either to really take the banging. him constantly standing out at mid range and rarely down low has to account for something, even if Woodson thinks he can change his game.

on a side note Nash said he's not coming to the Knicks...

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Knicks will have to package chandler or lin with amare if they ever hope to drop his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    he's too soft imo to be that threat. doesn't have the body either to really take the banging. him constantly standing out at mid range and rarely down low has to account for something, even if Woodson thinks he can change his game.

on a side note Nash said he's not coming to the Knicks...
    too soft? lol what? he's agressive when he takes it to the rim...you're talking about a guy who initiates contact everytime he gets the ball. how do you think he gets to the line so often? at one point, i'd consider him the best finisher in the nba because he would get and1's on the regular, people would foul him and he would still finish. he would do it as good as kobe or lebron, if not better.

can't believe you're calling ama're soft when he's made a living posterizing all types of players.

I bet you that we wanted David Lee straight up.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to know if GSW would only do Jefferson and Biedrins.... barf

We don't want Amare, and our new owners aren't that dumb.

Melo and Amare is a stupid pairing and it always was. The second I heard about it I said it. You will never win a title with those two at the head. Someone else has to be the leader.

Lee brings rebounding, and I think he's a smarter player than Amare. But I don't know.

Personally, I'd trade them both. But that's me.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    too soft? lol what? he's agressive when he takes it to the rim...you're talking about a guy who initiates contact everytime he gets the ball. how do you think he gets to the line so often? at one point, i'd consider him the best finisher in the nba because he would get and1's on the regular, people would foul him and he would still finish. he would do it as good as kobe or lebron, if not better.

can't believe you're calling ama're soft when he's made a living posterizing all types of players.

he is soft. Amare definitely isn't a normal inside guy. opposing bigs constantly get offensive boards when he's on them because he's not always body'ing them out, and the boards he generally gets are stuff that is in his vicinity, that he makes look more aggressive since he pounds the ball when he gets them. i mean he can be aggressive driving to the bucket, but in general i would definitely call Amare soft. i just don't think he likes the body contact much on the inside.

NBA rookie of the year

Amar'e knows two plays, and Melo knows one. None of the three involve passingthe ball to one another.

They either need to be split up, or to fall in line under a great point guard.

I'd like Nash or Dragic.

NBA rookie of the year

Honestly the Knicks should go for it.

Chandler + Amare
    for
    Dwight + Hedo

You're not going to win anything with the core that's there now IMO.

The last time the Knicks had a truly dominant big was Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batchoy
    How about this...

Knicks re-sign Lin then trade him along with Amare to Goldenstate for Lee, Biedrins, and Curry. Lin started with Goldenstate and management loves him. Amare and Carmelo cannot co-exist, so this may be the best trade for them. Even if Amare isn't fully healthy, with the upcoming draft, Goldenstate can get a very good player with the 7th pick.

Knicks lineup:
    Steph Curry/Baron Davis
    Iman Shumpert/JR Smith
    Carmelo Anthony/JR Smith
    David Lee/Jared Jeffries
    Tyson Chandler/Biedrins

Goldenstae lineup:
    Jeremy Lin/Charlie Jenkins
    Klay Thompson/Brandon Rush
    Richard Jefferson/Dorell Wright
    Amare Stoudamire/1st round pick
    Andrew Bogut/Mickell Gladness
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Via Chris Broussard

W's dont seem to be too interested.

Discuss
    I just cant wait till the next wave of big name free agency and broussard will go with "he has no interest in coming to ny"