Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: It's crazy how Kobe is the only top 5 player in this league to have at least a ring

they still got tons of years in them.compae kobe to dirk duncan kg and his generation..

Default Re: It's crazy how Kobe is the only top 5 player in this league to have at least a ring

TOP 5 LOL?
    More like TOP 20

Not that crazy.

in 93 Jordan was the only player to have ring. Barkley, Hakeem, Malone, Robinson had no ring.

Also, kobe isn't top 5.

Local High School Star

Default Re: It's crazy how Kobe is the only top 5 player in this league to have at least a ri

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Wade played with Shaq, Morning, and Payton. Of course he won one with all those hall of famers.
    Morning was 35 and Payton was 37.

7-time NBA All-Star

I still consider Wade top 5. He's had some injuries this season, but nobody outside of Lebron and Durant have really had big years for players of that caliber so a down year isn't enough for me to drop him out of the top 5. Clear top 3 to me this season is Lebron, Durant and Dwight in that order. After that, it's pretty debatable with Wade, Kobe, Rose and Paul off the top of my head. He had such a slow start, but I can't completely forget about Dirk either, he's been much better after that slow start, though he obviously hasn't had a top 5 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    durant experiment is yet to be seen but with just a 3 man scoring crew its a lil hard to believe there gna win it all
    Not really, many championship teams in the past 20 years have had only 2-3 scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    LOL

Wade is the 2nd best player behind Lebron. Durant, and Dwight have yet to prove themselves on the playoffs, yet they're already better than Wade?
    Wade's past accomplishments don't mean he's top 2 right now. With that said, I don't think he's declined much overall yet and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays better than Durant in the playoffs.

I'm not sure how Dwight is unproven in the playoffs. He's gotten to the finals and played in 2 conference finals. If by unproven, you mean he hasn't won a ring, then Lebron is unproven as well since he hasn't gotten any farther than Dwight has. Even Kevin Durant got to the WCF last year, so it may be a stretch to call him unproven.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 04-05-2012 at 07:03 AM.

it's crazy how OP forgot Kobe has in been in the league longer than the guys he listed while those guys with zero rings still has a lot of chances to get one.

Don't be confused duncan is still ahead of these noobs. Duncan still> shot jacker Kobe /thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Wade's past accomplishments don't mean he's top 2 right now. With that said, I don't think he's declined much overall yet and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays better than Durant in the playoffs.
    Actually, I believe that Wade is having a better season compared to last year. Many don't realize that because of lesser minutes and injuries. He has regained his jumper, although his inconsistent with it. Playing off-the ball has really improved his efficiency. His post-game is second to none in the SG position(yes better than Kobe). Better defense and ft shooting. If only he wasn't injured at the start of the season.

10-15ft
    2011 - 38.5
    2012 - 42.2

16-23ft
    2011 - 37.0
    2012 - 41.0

per 36min
    2011 - 24.7pts, 6.2reb, 4.4ast, 1.4stl, 1.1blk, 3.0tov, 58.1ts%, 75.8ft%
    2012 - 24.5pts, 5.3reb, 5.1ast, 1.8stl, 1.5blk, 2.9tov, 56.5ts%, 79.5ft%

If we factor in injuries and games played, Wade is clearly not top-3. But if we talk about production and dominance, he's still 2nd.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Actually, I believe that Wade is having a better season compared to last year. Many don't realize that because of lesser minutes and injuries. He has regained his jumper, although his inconsistent with it. Playing off-the ball has really improved his efficiency. His post-game is second to none in the SG position(yes better than Kobe). Better defense and ft shooting. If only he wasn't injured at the start of the season.
    Yeah, his jumper has been better, and he's improved his post game as well and been quite effective there this season, but no, he's not as good as Kobe in the post, and it's not close or debatable.

As far as minutes being lower, well, there's a reason for that, and it's because he hasn't been able to play more since he hasn't been durable this season.

I thought Wade was top 3-4 last season, and top 4 at best so far this season, but we haven't even reached the playoffs yet.

Wade being top 2 in general is debatable, but basing it on level of play this current season, I wouldn't agree with top 2.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 04-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Dirk & Wade have rings, sorry, your topic is off.

Decent playground baller

lol what paul and rose?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I still consider Wade top 5. He's had some injuries this season, but nobody outside of Lebron and Durant have really had big years for players of that caliber so a down year isn't enough for me to drop him out of the top 5. Clear top 3 to me this season is Lebron, Durant and Dwight in that order. After that, it's pretty debatable with Wade, Kobe, Rose and Paul off the top of my head. He had such a slow start, but I can't completely forget about Dirk either, he's been much better after that slow start, though he obviously hasn't had a top 5 season.

Not really, many championship teams in the past 20 years have had only 2-3 scorers.

I'm not sure how Dwight is unproven in the playoffs. He's gotten to the finals and played in 2 conference finals. If by unproven, you mean he hasn't won a ring, then Lebron is unproven as well since he hasn't gotten any farther than Dwight has. Even Kevin Durant got to the WCF last year, so it may be a stretch to call him unproven.
    That's taking it too far. I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but I'd say Durant has surpassed Wade at this point. Even last year Durant was pretty awesome in the playoffs and he's gotten substantially better.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: It's crazy how Kobe is the only top 5 player in this league to have at least a ri

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Wade played with Shaq, Morning, and Payton. Of course he won one with all those hall of famers.
    How many of those guys were top 10 when they won that Championship? Your point is irrelevant.

u heard of Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How many of those guys were top 10 when they won that Championship? Your point is irrelevant.
    Shaq

he played like shit in the Finals but he was still unstoppable in those other series and able to put in 20/9 in only 30 mintutes.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 04-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Bynum>Dwight