Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Are the Spurs locked for an NBA finals appearance this year

obviously the Spurs 2x victory against the mavs don't count because the mavs didn't have dirk. basically the spurs only had 1 chance to beat the mavs. the other 2 games they lost before they even played.

you are basically discrediting the spurs for their play this entire season. when the Mavs had Dirk, the spurs and mavs were neck and neck as far as record goes. whats funny is the Mavs actually has played even fewer road game then the spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Wuxia got owned
    yea ok. his initial argument was so weak, its almost impossible to get own here.

he once again backtracked and counted the home games.

the spurs have wins against the Magic, Lakers, the hawks, and the Nuggets(again) as well.

notice i never counted the victories against the mavs. the Spurs are basicly 0-3 against the mavs this year.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia
    notice i never counted the victories against the mavs. the Spurs are basicly 0-3 against the mavs this year.
    I just checked with the NBA and they say 2-1. ****ing NBA don't know shit do they.

my problem here is the Mavs were supposed to be much better than the Spurs last season as well. they were supposed to take that series in 5 according to most fans.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    I could see the Thunder running them out of the building, assuming Spurs keep the 1 seed. Mavs will beat them if its the 2-3 matchup. I expect the Spurs to lose a lot of games now that their schedule is catching up with them.
    the same Thunder the Spurs skull ****ed to death just a couple of weeks ago? Man it wasn't even close. Thought they were going to sell them on eBay the next day they owned there ass so bad. I expect a lot more retarded statements out of you because that is what retarded people do. Talk shit and be stupid. But I tell you what I will do a lifetime ban bet with you. Spurs win less than 60 I am gone for life. If not ISH looses yet another one of its many members from the "mentally challenged community". Step up of shut the **** up.

Mavs had 2nd toughest schedule,Spurs had 16th.
    Mavs played 9 games without their best player but Spurs have a better record.
    Both teams are playing great this season.

After all arguing on the forum (who's better,spurs or mavs) it would be funny if Lakers win the West(again)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Mavs had 2nd toughest schedule,Spurs had 16th.
    Mavs played 9 games without their best player but Spurs have a better record.
    Both teams are playing great this season.

After all arguing on the forum (who's better,spurs or mavs) it would be funny if Lakers win the West(again)
    according to what? hollinger has the spurs ranked 9th in SoS. not sure if its reliable or not.

Funny How people are under rating the lakers. Let's see what happens in the playoffs when it's winning time...

Local High School Star

SOS is abit misleading... Mavs SOS is inflated because they have played the spurs 3 times.. Playing the spurs inflates your SOS. Their record can not be compared to anyone else... Spurs can't play themselves so their SOS is lower..

Plus all this talk of the spurs are or are not legit doesn't mean anything. All the spurs care about is putting themselves in the best position to win a championship.. That's exactly what they are doing. They will have as good a chance as anyone if they finish with HCA which they probably will. You can find a stat to show anything u like... The only stat matters is the spurs being 34 and 6.

And thunder are rubbish against spurs if u had not noticed..
    Last edited by toxicxr6; 01-15-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Spurs biggest hopes for the playoffs should be to play the Mavs again and Vice versa...Have this hard fought rivalry series between two great teams...One will get bragging rights...But they shouldnt hope for more than that cause they damn sure not getting the Lakers...

I will give you one thing though...The lakers will have to fight very hard to win against any of these teams...They wont get nothing easy all playoffs this year... Just be ready for a great playoffs, but Spurs nor Mavs are getting to the Finals...

to be the champs, you gotta beat the champs

and i'm gonna tell you this right now. The ONLY way the Spurs could be the Lakers if they can get home court.

Not to put the Spurs out on blast but didnt they have the best record in the NBA 10 years ago?

The Lakers swept them
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 01-15-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Learning to shoot layups jl1718's Avatar

Anything is possible in the playoffs. A turned any ankle for anyone could change everything.

I believe Stern is cooking up 2 plans:

Plan A: Fixify the series between SA and LA, creating a LA MIAMI final of tabloid taste and proportion.

Plan B: If the slight amount of fixing isn't enough to catapult LA over SA, roll with it, and frame this year's finals as retribution for LeBron James.....retribution over the team that swept him in 2007, with plenty of bad calls against SA to ensure the storyline stays intact.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia
    i could say that they played a magics team fresh off a 12 player trade, or they beat boston without perkins or shaq, miami without haslem+miller? so home victory counts as well now? see how it works?
    Mavs have been without Beaubois all season.