Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: You can't win the MVP when you have a teammate that scores 37 in a quater or 57 total

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Didn't Curry almost match Thompson's 52 after a few games as well?
    Yet he didn't match it, not to mention he didn't come close to the 37 point quarter, which is the important part here.

Default Re: You can't win the MVP when you have a teammate that scores 37 in a quater or 57 total

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Yet he didn't match it, not to mention he didn't come close to the 37 point quarter, which is the important part here.
    I don't see why it's so important. Just because it's mentioned by the OP?
    Here's another one: Can the MVP play in the same team with someone who scored 43 pts on 16-17 FG's in 31 minutes?

Banned

I don't see why it's so important. Just because it's mentioned by the OP?
    Here's another one: Can the MVP play in the same team with someone who scored 43 pts on 16-17 FG's in 31 minutes?
    Is that Dwight or KD? In Harden's case, he has carried his team and deserves praise, Kyrie has been dominant all year, if Dwight Howard had 1 fluky game and then sat out 40 games I would not discredit Harden for it, instead I'd praise him for carrying that much of a slack, same with Westbrook with KD's.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Neither. It's '91 Jordan and Pippen. Just wanted to make clear how unimportant judging from 1 game really is.

Damn...So Shaq had Kobe and never deserved his MVP.

Kobe had Pau and didn't deserve his MVP...

KD didn't deserve his MVP...

Was there any point Kareem scored above 40 when Magic won his first MVP?

Pippen's career high was 47 points in 1997...hmmm...so every Jordan MVP is a fraud...

THE HORROR!!!

Banned

Neither. It's '91 Jordan and Pippen. Just wanted to make clear how unimportant judging from 1 game really is.
    Fine you right

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You're literally applauding him dismantling your opinion.

You're one of the idiots that said Curry shouldn't win MVP because of Klay. Now you're applauding it because it suits the Bron agenda.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I didnt say it would happen this year. Though it well may considering Lebron and Curry are two of the 4 most likely to get it.

Kblaze conveniently leaves that part out
    I assumed a forum full of basketball fans knew the story. I once made a topic on it....Larry Birds career high game feels like something ISH should be aware of.

Not that it mattered. Bird had that MVP wrapped up no matter what. He won 3 straight....his team went like 50-1 at home that year. They won 67 games. It may have been the best team of all time...3 hall of famers in the front court...a hall of fame point...a hall of fame 6th man...and a soon to be all star in addition. Nobody had a problem with Bird winning MVP. It was fairly hard to dispute absurdly talented team or not.

He got 73 of 78 first place votes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I didnt say it would happen this year. Though it well may considering Lebron and Curry are two of the 4 most likely to get it.

I assumed a forum full of basketball fans knew the story. I once made a topic on it....Larry Birds career high game feels like something ISH should be aware of.

Not that it mattered. Bird had that MVP wrapped up no matter what. He won 3 straight....his team went like 50-1 at home that year. They won 67 games. It may have been the best team of all time...3 hall of famers in the front court...a hall of fame point...a hall of fame 6th man...and a soon to be all star in addition. Nobody had a problem with Bird winning MVP. It was fairly hard to dispute absurdly talented team or not.

He got 73 of 78 first place votes.
    Thanks for the info, didn't know much about that team.

Guess there is a precedent for this kind award then, with that in mind, I'm giving the MVP to Stephen Curry.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

To me....Currys team isnt even that good from an individual player aspect. People so often cant seem to see the difference between chemistry and individual talent. Its a good team...with some good players. Talent wise? Its Curry....an all star teammate...and some high end role players who could be more on a bad team.

Klay is hardly exceptional as a #2. Hes not on any all time list of best second options. There have been teams he would be the 4th or 5th best player on. And I dont mean decades ago...I mean lately...I dont think we need to be acting like hes absurdly great for a #2.

Hes a very good second option.

I dont think hes the type of player we just disqualify teammates from major awards over.

Im not sure hes as good as Wade was in 2012. Better than Wade in 13 and 14...probably.

But hes not some epic number 2.

Can't give the MVP to losing teams... I don't care how well a player is playing. Thunder aren't even a playoff team at the moment.

And didn't LeBron win MVP's playing with a top 5 SG and top 5 PF? Who you are playing with doesn't have much to do with winning MVP.

That said, I still think Harden is MVP, as long as the Rockets can hold on to HCA.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    let bran win them. So he would be among the embarrassing players of all time. 5 MVPs for just a 2/5
    How many players have won that trophy again? oh yea both Harden and Westbrook did not win anything.

Irving has had two 50+ games this season, he has thrived playing within a better team and under a good coach.

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

If you have an all star team around you, where they could replace you with a average player and still have similar success, then how are you more valuable than a guy carrying a bunch of scrubs to a top 4 seed in the West?
    If you think the Warriors or Cavs would be nearly as good without Steph or Lebron and replaced with average players than you are the dumbest ****ing person on this forum.