Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is Carmelo Anthony on his prime?

Melo picked up where Tracy Mcgrady left off.

I will say one thing though Melo has a bad agent . He should be playing on a contender right now. If I were his agent I would have sold him on Chicago.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss

I will say one thing though Melo has a bad agent . He should be playing on a contender right now. If I were his agent I would have sold him on Chicago.
    T-mac at 30- 8 3 3 on 39% shooting
    Melo at 30- 23 6 3 on 45% shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Who would have thought Pau Gasol at literally over 100 million dollars cheaper would be a 20/11/2 blocks monster for the Bulls, while 124 million dollar man Carmelo would be having his worst statistical season since his 2nd year, while leading his team to the worst start in franchise history?

In hindsight, I'm glad the Melo to Chicago thing didn't work out. That front office has rebounded from that situation beautifully, built a damn good squad from what they had to work with.
    I agree. I'm not surprised by Pau's numbers BUT I am surprised at how Melo's is playing. I think Melo is still strong in his prime, but I think the Triangle has everybody in NY confused. The Bulls got WAY MORE BANG for their buck with Pau who is ALSO strong in his prime at 34 years old.

I think Pau's game is likely to age well like Duncan's. So the Bulls made an EPIC investment for a HOF big man who was willing to play for less in order to win some more rings. Pau going to the Bulls may have given him a ticket to be a top 10 GOAT PF if they can win a ring or two.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss

No you wouldn't have. The 30 mil(?) he'd have left on the table is a ton of your commission. An agent isn't responsible for where his client ends up on a casual fan's top 10 list, it's how much $$$ he made him throughout his career. This was Melo's last major payday and any smart agent wasn't going to let those checks slip.

Who would have thought Pau Gasol at literally over 100 million dollars cheaper would be a 20/11/2 blocks monster for the Bulls, while 124 million dollar man Carmelo would be having his worst statistical season since his 2nd year, while leading his team to the worst start in franchise history?

In hindsight, I'm glad the Melo to Chicago thing didn't work out. That front office has rebounded from that situation beautifully, built a damn good squad from what they had to work with.

Spread reputation around more before giving it to MILBUCK

Take the two year max in Chicago and your job is easier and you have a chance at the chip, at minimum a trip to the conference finals.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Visibily exited his prime right before our eyes

I rule the local playground

Kobe-esque

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Not a big fan of Melo and I miss the days when the Knicks had David Lee, Gallinari and Chandler. Instead the Knicks, in typical NY fashion, went all out for STAT, the supposive superstar, who has not played any better than David Lee and gave up Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov and Felton (who was good at the time) for Billups and Melo in a deal where the Nuggets had no leverage. The trade was typical of NY of going all out for the "superstar."

Knicks will continue to suck with Melo on the team making 20 million+ and no other superstar wants to play with him.
    wonder how knicks would look like if they kept all of those pieces and instead added a few quality free agents instead.

I do agree with that. Although, Melo's weaknesses would be erased with Chicago and vice versa.

Btw, are you a Bulls fan or Bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    he doesn't drive to the hoop, at all. he just shoots and smiles and says "i did all i could." no you didn't. doing all you can means being aggressive and driving to the hoop for easy opportunities to get your offense going and to make the defense respect you to open the game up.
    Draw fouls get your points and your team in the bonus quicker.

Post up like a beast. We've seen him do work in the post and a lot of times when he misses he gets his own board and scores. His quickness and size make him a problem for teams in the post, not to mention he is skilled down there.

I don't mind the quick pullups inside the arc when he is feeling it, but he shouldn't make it a steady habit. Stop being lazy and settling for 3s and contested 2s.

He could be a great player but I don't think he wants it that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    I do agree with that. Although, Melo's weaknesses would be erased with Chicago and vice versa.

Btw, are you a Bulls fan or Bucks?
    Yeah, but I also think Chicago's depth would've been compromised. I'm not entirely aware of how the cap situation would've played out with Melo there, but would they be able to sign Mirotic, Brooks, re-sign Kirk, etc with Melo taking the max they could offer? And I think the combination of Gasol, Mirotic, Brooks, Hinrich, etc is just as good if not better than the version of Melo we're seeing, the one that is (reportedly) dealing with back issues and just flat out not playing to his standards. I don't know if those issues just disappear in Chicago.

Bucks fan. Born near Chicago, lived there for a while. I wouldn't call myself a Bulls fan, but if I had to pick a 2nd team, it's them. I like to see them do well.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Visibily exited his prime right before our eyes

Yeah, but I also think Chicago's depth would've been compromised. I'm not entirely aware of how the cap situation would've played out with Melo there, but would they be able to sign Mirotic, Brooks, re-sign Kirk, etc with Melo taking the max they could offer? And I think the combination of Gasol, Mirotic, Brooks, Hinrich, etc is just as good if not better than the version of Melo we're seeing, the one that is (reportedly) dealing with back issues and just flat out not playing to his standards. I don't know if those issues just disappear in Chicago.

Bucks fan. Born near Chicago, lived there for a while. I wouldn't call myself a Bulls fan, but if I had to pick a 2nd team, it's them. I like to see them do well.
    Cool. How is the rivalry between people from Milwaukee and Chicago? Is it friendly and do you guys support each other?

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

QFT