Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Will we ever see athletic Lebron James again?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If LeBron James isn't athletic I'm not sure the NBA has any athletes. It's normal for a player around 30 to dunk less but he's still bigger stronger and faster than anyone that is going to guard him.
    Probably only one of those 3, on average, for any given matchup.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

We see the occasional burst of quickness but still haven't seen any real powerful dunks

Last year he looked like he had lost some explosiveness from the previous season and so far this year it seems he has lost more.

09-10 LeBron was the most impressive to me.

Maybe the heavy minutes and playoff games have got to him but I hop not. LeBron is/was so incredible to watch from a physical ability standpoint and I hope we see him return to form but I doubt it.

MJ lost his hops after returning from baseball but he adapted his game to remain effective. Hopefully LeBron does as well.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Probably only one of those 3, on average, for any given matchup.
    What swingmen or power forwards are 2 of the 3....bigger, stronger, and faster?

Lebron is the biggest wing player of all time. If he isnt the strongest hes on a short list with the likes of Ron Artest and maybe...Adrian Dantley types in applied strength.

Who is faster than Lebron...at the size needed to be bigger?

In fact...who in the history of the sport is bigger than Lebron while even guarding people on the perimeter?

Nobody ive ever seen...has 2 of those 3 on Lebron while being a player likely to guard him.

The people bigger and stronger than Lebron wouldnt be guarding him.

The people faster are nowhere close to 6'8'' 255-270.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    We see the occasional burst of quickness but still haven't seen any real powerful dunks
    I agree. More telling to me is the lack of signature chasedown blocks that used to be every other game but have almost completely vanished after his first year with the Heat.

Maybe he doesn't look for them anymore but the chasedown requires explosive quickness, max speed and explosive leaping to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    We'll see him doing athletic dunks in a video going viral right before the all-star dunk contest again. Something like an off the wall tomahawk or a off the bounce tomahawk or an almost free throw line tomahawk or a switcheroo tomahawk or a off the shotclock tomahawk or a tomahawk to a tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Will we ever see Derrick Rose again?
    FTFY

James potential loss of athleticism could affect his scoring ability so for reference I will compare sub 45% games so far this year for LeBron and Jabari Parker.

LeBron's games under 45%: 10
    Jabari's games under 45%: 9

LeBron's efficiency is one of his greatest attributes. Given I havn't watched all of his games and I know he is taking more threes than last year but this comparision between him and Jabari was an eye opener to me.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    This is the worst start to the season since his 2nd year. Sorry, but he has top be judged by his high standards.
    He actually started worse in his first year in Miami. Where do you come up with this stuff?