Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Remember when Golden State fans booed their owner after trading Ellis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMfn6-mb8_4

Poor guy, had to have Mullin and Rick Barry to bail him out. Now look at how Golden State is doing.

Default Re: Remember when Golden State fans booed their owner after trading Ellis?

How exactly are they doing better? They still have to get past the second round for me to be impressed. I'm not gonna be like "ooh that was a shrewd move" if they get bounced early again. Not to mention Monta has been balling .

Default Re: Remember when Golden State fans booed their owner after trading Ellis?

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    How exactly are they doing better?
    Are you ****ing retarded?

Look at their record before and after the trade.

How exactly are they doing better? They still have to get past the second round for me to be impressed. I'm not gonna be like "ooh that was a shrewd move" if they get bounced early again. Not to mention Monta has been balling .
    You do realize Golden State wasn't even a playoff team when Monta was with them right? Curry would have never blossomed into a superstar with Ellis there hogging the ball and Klay wouldn't be the player he is today.

And Bogut is one of the main reasons why Golden Sate has the #1 defense in the league so far.

16-2

They're doing 16-2 better.

this.

good trade for both teams. klay is a better fit for the warriors but ellis is the better player

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Just a move that benefited both party

I remember the trade. I'm just trying to see how they are better off now. That team was horrible and I never thought Monta was the issue. I've seen Monta play on good GS teams before so I'm trying to figure why this trade for a dude that's been oft injured ( bogut) and stephen jackson was so important in their improvement.

Let me put it this way, I'm a raptors fan...the rudy gay trade was amazing for us from a team standpoint.. but we still need to do deep playoff runs before I declare success.

Cause of this boasting always turns into silence come may and that's my point. You guys are giving all these people props so early, a new coach wet behind his ears and a center that hasnt played in the playoffs since 2013...y'all need to chill.
    Last edited by Just2McFly; 12-05-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    this.

good trade for both teams. klay is a better fit for the warriors but ellis is the better player
    Monta Eillis and Epke Udoh didn't help the Bucks accomplish anything. Great trade for both teams. lol

I'm just trying to see how they are better off now.
    Because they went from a lottery team to a perennial playoff contender in a historically stacked conference. You must not watch many Warriors games if you don't think Bogut was a huge part of that. Their defense literally went from worst to best.

Fans weren't booing the Monta trade. They were booing 3 decades of irrelevance and poor ownership. It was misplaced anger, but it really had little to do with the Monta trade or the new owner. You also have to consider that many of the people booing were season ticket holders... and the new ownership had just given up on the season by trading for an injured player.

I remember the trade. I'm just trying to see how they are better off now. That team was horrible and I never thought Monta was the issue. I've seen Monta play on good GS teams before so I'm trying to figure why this trade for a dude that's been oft injured ( bogut) and stephen jackson was so important in their improvement.
    The trade allowed both Curry and Thompson to become the players they are today. Curry and Monta just couldn't co-exist together, they both need to handle the ball to maximize their abilities, they were also liabilities on defense. Klay is a decent defender who can just chill while Curry does his thing, and Bogut has shown when he is healthy that he is one of the best rebounders & rim protectors in the league.

Let me put it this way, I'm a raptors fan...the rudy gay trade was amazing for us from a team standpoint.. but we still need to do deep playoff runs before I declare success.

Cause of this boasting always turns into silence come may and that's my point. You guys are giving all these people props so early, a new coach wet behind his ears and a center that hasnt played in the playoffs since 2013...y'all need to chill.
    Bogut is elite defensively. He is the single most important player defensively on the team. GS's improved defense has caused their success.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

I remember this. Classless by the GS fans. At least they are passionate I guess.

It was more the 30 years of piss poor trades and draft busts..
    Then they traded monta for an injured bogut. Which luckily has worked out pretty well so far, the Warriors are looking great. Let's see if they can play better in the playoffs this year..

There was an article listing all the screw ups the ownership have made over the last 30 years, so many draft mistakes and horrible trades. Have to try and find it, interesting read..