Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Default Re: lebron has been a top 3 player in the league since his rookie year.

2004-Not Top 20
    2005-Top 10
    2006-3rd(Kobe, Wade, Lebron)
    2007-4th(Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, Lebron)
    2008-2nd(Kobe, Lebron, Paul)
    2009-1st(Lebron, Kobe, Wade)
    2010-1st(Lebron, Kobe, Wade)
    2011-1st(Lebron, Wade, Howard)
    2012-1st(Lebron, Durant, Paul)
    2013-1st(Lebron, Durant, Paul)
    2014-2nd(Durant, Lebron, Paul)
    2015-2nd(Curry, Lebron, Harden)
    2016-3rd(Curry, Durant, Lebron)

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    2004-Not Top 20
    2005-Top 10
    Laughable

Dirk has never been dimensional enough player to be better than any of the following: Nash, Paul, Harden, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Dwight or 2011 Rose.

He was also CLEARLY never better than LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Duncan, or KG.

Just because he has a ridiculous MVP due to a very well built Maverick team around him winning 65 games, yet getting bounced in the first round, does not make him a top 3 player.

Neither does his 2011 playoff run, where he led his team over an exhausted Laker team, and a self destructed Heat team. Where Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Tyson Chandler felt like the most productive, or impactful players on the floor for large stretches.

I'm absolutely tired of this overrating of Dirk Nowitzki. He's great. Amazing shooter, and scorer. But he's about as one dimensional as it comes. Average at best rebounder for a 7 footer. Useless defensively. And wasn't a passer or playmaker to accompany his volume scoring.

Prior to 2011, we'd have to forget about his massive, all-time horrendous back to back choke jobs in the 2006 Finals, and the 2007 1st round. Where the 7 foot "MVP" was held in check by a decent 6'8 starting SF, Stephen Jackson.

My how people totally forget.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Dirk has never been dimensional enough player to be better than any of the following: Nash, Paul, Harden, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Dwight or 2011 Rose.

Just because he has a ridiculous MVP due to a very well built Maverick team around him winning 65 games, yet getting bounced in the first round, does not make him a top 3 player.

Neither does his 2011 playoff run, where he led his team over an exhausted Laker team, and a self destructed Heat team. Where Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and Tyson Chandler felt like the most productive, or impactful players on the floor for large stretches.

I'm absolutely tired of this overrating of Dirk Nowitzki. He's great. Amazing shooter, and scorer. But he's about as one dimensional as it comes. Average at best rebounder for a 7 footer. Useless defensively. And wasn't a passer or playmaker to accompany his volume scoring.

Prior to 2011, we'd have to forget about his massive, all-time horrendous back to back choke jobs in the 2006 Finals, and the 2007 1st round. Where the 7 foot "MVP" was held in check by a decent 6'8 starting SF, Stephen Jackson.

Thank you.

There's a Dirk fan leaving Lebron out of the top 3 in 2011 due to the Finals, but completely excluding Dirk in 2007 in the FIRST round.

I can't stand the double standards with Dirk. Dude is completely excused for his shortcomings with exceptional teams.

This.

Dirk is one of the few guys who were underrated prior to winning a championship, but has been overrated ever since. Great player, but he has never been seen as one of the top 3 players in the game outside of 2007(and that is even debatable).

Very good NBA starter

2004-Not Top 20
    2005-Top 10
    Not bad.

I agree with the number 1 every year (although his number 1 spot in 2011 is about as tainted as it gets).

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Not bad.

I agree with the number 1 every year (although his number 1 spot in 2011 is about as tainted as it gets).
    Yeah, 2011 was a hard year for me as well. I gave it to Lebron by default due to what he did in 2009 and 2010. Honestly, it was a down year for the league in terms of star play(how else can we explaining a 22 year old winning the MVP.)

Uhhh, Dirk got absolutely shredded for his 2007 first round exit. From both the media AND fans.

Moreover, how was dude not at least a top 3 player in 2011 when he had the best playoff run of ALL superstars, capping it off with a finals MVP? Some of you need a f*cking ct scan.

what the FCK is this shit

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Uhhh, Dirk got absolutely shredded for his 2007 first round exit. From both the media AND fans.

Moreover, how was dude not at least a top 3 player in 2011 when he had the best playoff run of ALL superstars, capping it off with a finals MVP? Some of you need a f*cking ct scan
    Dirk had a great post-season run in 2011, but there is no way he was better then Bron, Wade, and Howard over the course of the year IMO. At best Dirk was fourth or fifth(depending on how you feel about Durant, Kobe, and Rose).

For Alzheimer f.ggots ..

Quote Originally Posted by feyki

For Alzheimer f.ggots ..
    So ONE series surpasses 82 games and 3 other rounds. I understand it's the Finals but that's just dumb logic.

Guess Dirk wasn't top 5 in 2007 because of his massive chokefest in the FIRST round against and 8th seed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    So ONE series surpasses 82 games and 3 other rounds. I understand it's the Finals but that's just dumb logic.

Guess Dirk wasn't top 5 in 2007 because of his massive chokefest in the FIRST round against and 8th seed.

LEBron was top 3 but with an *

*during regular season

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    LEBron was top 3 but with an *

*during regular season
    The exact same thing could said a Steph Curry this year.

The only difference is Lebron was clearly top 3 in the first 3 rounds.

Decent college freshman

Yeah, 2011 was a hard year for me as well. I gave it to Lebron by default due to what he did in 2009 and 2010. Honestly, it was a down year for the league in terms of star play(how else can we explaining a 22 year old winning the MVP.)
    Wade & Bron teaming up that year and being 1a/1b pretty much ruined their chances at winning MVP. Kobe had regressed from the previous year. Dirk was good in the regular season and plenty of people thought Howard should've been the MVP and he had a great case. Wasn't a down year at all.

If you're including the Playoffs why would Kobe be over Wade in '06? and Bron wasn't the best player in '11.