Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: "I'm Carmelo Anthony... and I refuel.. with chocolate milk." -Melo in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Fat **** drinks chocolate milk at half time and while he rests on the bench. Get some water or electrolytes in you, fat ****. Same vitamims and nutrients as regular milk, sure. But chocolate milk in the lockerroom

yea... you don't know what you are talking about at all.

Post-Workout Drinks

When it's time to choose a liquid chug after a long, tough workout, there's a slew of options out there. Water? Gatorade, POWERade, or All Sport? Endurox R4? Physiologist Joel Stager, director of the Human Performance laboratory at Indiana University, has even one more potential workout recovery drink to add to the list: chocolate milk. His latest study, published in this month's International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, names this kids' favorite an optimal post-exercise recovery aid.

Before your stomach recoils, take a look at chocolate milk's ingredient list. For a high-endurance athlete, Stager's team sees it as a catch-all workout recovery drink. Compared to plain milk, water, or most sports drinks, it has double the carbohydrate and protein content, perfect for replenishing tired muscles. Its high water content replaces fluids lost as sweat, preventing dehydration. Plus it packs a nutritional bonus of calcium, and includes just a little sodium and sugar -- additives that help recovering athletes retain water and regain energy.

Drinking plain water after exercise replaces sweat losses -- and that's it. "Chocolate milk provides carbohydrate replenishment to your muscles -- something they can metabolize," said Jason Karp, MS, another researcher for this study. "There's nothing to metabolize in water."

Stager's assessment of chocolate milk is even simpler. "It's water plus a whole lot more," he said.

The Case for Carbs

Ready to switch your bottled water for chocolate milk? Assess your workout level first. Downing a post-workout beverage chock-full of carbohydrates isn't just for the weekend tennis player, said Stager -- and that's key. A drink like chocolate milk is most useful to a cyclist, swimmer, or long-distance runner. These sports stress high endurance levels and constant, sustained movement. Competing athletes need high levels of calories, carbs, and protein to sustain that level of performance.

Stager tested out chocolate milk's performance as a workout recovery drink on nine cyclists. In his lab, each athlete biked until exhaustion, and then rested for four hours. During this break, each consumed low-fat chocolate milk, Gatorade, or the high-carbohydrate sports drink Endurox R4. Afterward, they cycled to exhaustion again.

The results were positive. His research team concluded that the athletes who consumed chocolate milk performed just as well or better as those who drank the other beverages. The high carb and protein content in milk make it an incredibly effective recovery drink, Stager said -- even though it's never been marketed as one.
    link

Default Re: "I'm Carmelo Anthony... and I refuel.. with chocolate milk." -Melo in a nutshell

You gotta admit it is pretty funny that a dude that's consistently had questions about what kind of shape he's in is doing a chocolate milk commercial talking about drinking it during and after games, I know I laughed when I saw it. I'm not as big of a critic on Melo as others (though I do agree with some of the things they say) but it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    You gotta admit it is pretty funny that a dude that's consistently had questions about what kind of shape he's in is doing a chocolate milk commercial talking about drinking it during and after games, I know I laughed when I saw it. I'm not as big of a critic on Melo as others (though I do agree with some of the things they say) but it was funny.
    Watched the commercial with all my roommates and we all busted out laughing. we always crack jokes about Melo's weight.

melo should have a food network show with eddy curry

Watched the commercial with all my roommates and we all busted out laughing. we always crack jokes about Melo's weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    mad person detected

mad person detected
    Have you watched the Olympics? What's wrong with Melo's weight?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    [IMG]

You trying to tell me these teams don't have players on (or above) Melos level.

Celtics (rondo, arguably kg last year)
    Mavericks (dirk)
    Timberwolves (love)
    Hawks (Smith arguable near melos level last year at least)
    Nets (d-will)
    Magic (d12 still on magic and he shits all over melo)
    Blazers (Aldridge)
    Spurs (Parker)
    uhh you people list Celtics and not putting Paul Pierce's name in it?

Decent college freshman

c'mon. that's not fair comparing melo to eddy curry. melo arguably isn't even fat. his playing weight isn't that high. unfortunately, he isn't a high energy player like lebron and iggy, but he's quick as anyone and moves well. I think he just has a chubby face and minor man boobage which makes him seem fatter than he is.

eddy curry is obese and couldn't even get on the court because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    uhh you people list Celtics and not putting Paul Pierce's name in it?
    I'd say melo is clearly above pierce at this point. But pierce is still a great player and not a significant bit worse than melo so perhaps I should have listed him. Pierce did very poorly in the playoffs this year though.

Apparently OP doesn't know about nutrition. If you did, you'd know that for years chocolate milk has been known to be a good drink after a workout.

The commercial is funny to me because chocolate milk isn't a brand. It's like doing an advertisement for beards. "Beards are awesome... you should wear one".

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'd say melo is clearly above pierce at this point. But pierce is still a great player and not a significant bit worse than melo so perhaps I should have listed him. Pierce did very poorly in the playoffs this year though.
    Sprained MCL.

Why do people think Carmelo is fat? He's just got a chubby face... it's just how he is:

He's not shredded... but he isn't fat either.

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    Why do people think Carmelo is fat? He's just got a chubby face... it's just how he is:

He's not shredded... but he isn't fat either.
    Melo on slimming down:

" This has nothing to do with my ball game, I've always felt I played at a normal weight for my style. I'm strictly slimming down to wear certain clothes that are hot right now "

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Kevin Love - Mr. Empty Stats. Good numbers on a shit team that dont translate to wins, no science to his post game, prefers to shoot long jumpers or scorefrom putbacks.

Zach Randolph - more cancerous than the disease itself. Fat his whole career, cant play defense to save his life, thinks hes KG but hea closer to Andray blatche. A career loser, hangs out with gangs.

Parker - a scoring point guard who never averaged more than 5 or 6 assosts till last season. Average court vision at best, weak defender, poor jump shooter

Rondo - the ultimate team player, not a frnachise player. Couldnt carry a team on his back.

Dirk - declining, soft, average at best rebounder, horrible defender. His only redeeming attribute is his versatile offensive game. Was regarded as soft until he won that title. Take your blinders off people

Any of those teams GMs would give up those guys for Melo in a heartbeat. You guys are biased and will reach untill your arms pop out to deny the truth. You know what type of people deny the truth? Those that are scared of it...weak people